Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG

2 posters

Go down

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG Empty WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG

Post by emma4 5th March 2010, 7:00 pm

Plz can someone advise me on what happens at the pre op appointment as mines coming up in about 2 weeks,
When i went for my consultation with my surgeon i only was with him for about 15 min but i wasnt told what cc i was going or anything all i rearly know is that i will b a c cup and thats my implant is going behind my muscle :(
Does anyone know? plz help
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG Empty Re: WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG

Post by Funkygirl 5th March 2010, 7:30 pm

Hi Emma,

I had my pre-op on Tuesday and it was quite quick really. The nurse asked me lots of medical related questions, took my blood pressure and took 2 swabs to check for mrsa, one from my nose (which tickled) WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG 70324 and the other from my armpit.

She then went through the procedure and what would happen on the day of the op. Also just confirmed what sports bras I need to bring and then asked if I had any Qs.

With regards to your consultation with your ps, I'm not sure why he didn't discuss what implant size he reccomends as as far as I know this is one of the things that is discussed, along with placement (over or behind the muscle), type of implant, profile etc. Maybe have a second consultation to clarify things?

The surgeons are happy to see you for a second or third (if need be) consultation.

Good luck! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG Empty Re: WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG

Post by emma4 5th March 2010, 7:38 pm

Hi Funkygirl,
Thanx for writing bk, i appreciate it :)
He did say i would b better to have mine behind my muscle because atm im a 32aa cup size and im going to a c cup :) he also said would have to b a c cup because i dont have enough breast tissue :)
I was very happy with my con until i have read other ppls and noticed they knew exactly all info about theirs it made me worried that he hadnt told me everything,
Surely though to have another consultation with my surgeon i would have to pay another £100 ? i know its not abou the money its knowing what im having ect :)
Thankyou again for everything xx
Good luck for 3 days time xx bet the nerves r creeping in x
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 5th March 2010, 8:31 pm

Hi Emma,

No worries, I was where you are not long ago!

With reagrds to placement of the implant, we don't have a choice it depends on many factors, one being if there is enough breast tissue etc. Your ps is the best person to recc what placement you have. Those who have very little breast tissue are generally recc behind the muscle.

If you are worried even in the slightest or if you feel not as informed as you perhaps feel you should be, I would say definately make another appointment with your ps, having a BA is a big thing and they want their patients to feel happy and fully informed. If your unsure about anything I would make another appoinment and go and see him, to clarify things and for piece of mind.

I am pretty sure you would not have to pay your ps again hun, you generally pay the once for the first consultation and then you should be able to see him as many times as need be.

Yes getting increasingly very nervous and anxious, but i'm also very very excited, so a whole mix of all emotions at the minute.

You have come to the best place thou hun, when I first joined the forum I knew very little and was very overwhelmed but through asking lots of Qs and getting advice and support from the lovely ladies on here I felt confident enough to book and now less than 2 months down the line it's almost my turn!

Good luck! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emma4 5th March 2010, 8:45 pm

Hi,
Thankyou soooo much for your adivce it rearly does ease my worries and i will def b making another appointment with him.
Lol i am very nervous too but i just cant wait..... your right sooooo many emotions all rolled into one lol.
Goog luck for your big day :) so very exiting :) x
And i agree the advice and support on here is fantastic and i only joined today :) thanx again and tc x
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 5th March 2010, 8:52 pm

emma4 wrote:Hi,
Thankyou soooo much for your adivce it rearly does ease my worries and i will def b making another appointment with him.
Lol i am very nervous too but i just cant wait..... your right sooooo many emotions all rolled into one lol.
Goog luck for your big day :) so very exiting :) x
And i agree the advice and support on here is fantastic and i only joined today :) thanx again and tc x

Awwww your very welcome hun and good luck on your boobie journey, it's all very exciting and fun! WHAT HAPPENS AT THE PRE OP APPOINTMENT WITH HMG 571992 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down