Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP Replacement

2 posters

Go down

PIP Replacement Empty PIP Replacement

Post by izzyb 10th February 2012, 11:14 pm

Hi,

i have had my breast implants 10 years in march, i have had a child and breast fed, my breasts have suffered but they are 10 years old aswell, i have rippling of the implant, i can feel my own breast over the top of the implant ( think its called bottoming out) as i can see the shadow of my breast sitting over Implant, i want wider implants and bigger, however i have a dilema, i was not going to replace my implants yet as want to try for another child (not yet thou as wedding xmas 2012 so would try after) but i have PIPS so have decided i would replace them soon as due to age of implant i beleive there is more risk of rupture, is this correct? and if wait until after my wedding, second child etc it would be another 3 years before i have PIPs removed...

Guess what im asking is am i doing the right thing replaceing now?

What will surgeon do to correct my current problems? bottoming out etc?

My surgeon has offered £2600 instead of £5300... i really feel he is not going to give me the time and effort i need to dicuss what i would like to acheive as he is not getting paid what he wants, he has been quite rude and annoyed and he shows it which worries me..advice please xxxx
izzyb
izzyb
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

PIP Replacement Empty Re: PIP Replacement

Post by John Pereira 23rd February 2012, 4:59 pm

Hi
Im sorry not to reply sooner - Ive been snowed under doing - PIP replacements!

Whilst the advice has been to date not to exchange these impllants unless symptomatic I think that will change soon. In one hospital I work at we took out 10 PIPs in a week and half were ruptured - we have removed no other brands ruptured in the same time period - or indeed for the previous year.

My advice however would be to remove the implants now and not have the anxiety of a leak during pregnancy / breast feeding etc.

Make sure that you are heard when explaining what you want with the replacement operation, and listen to what is said to you carefully as it may not be possible to deliver exactly what you want. I am finding lots of these implants are not appropriate sizes, or have been put in the wrong pockets, and we are correcting these issues as well as exchanging the implants. For me this is a longer operation than a primary augmentation - and whilst I dont do it at a discounted rate I also dont charge more for a longer and more difficult procedure - you are right that sometimes discounted means less care - be careful not to fall onto another production line. If you have noticed rudeness or irritation just walk away and find someone who is going to give you the time and operation that you deserve.

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down