Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nipples too high?

+3
kay
nikitaw86
donna dj
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

nipples too high? Empty nipples too high?

Post by donna dj 19th October 2011, 8:18 pm

i'm three months post op after having a mastopexy and augmentation. i think my nipples are too high!

not sure if i've fluffed or not to be honest, and when you do, does it get fuller on top rather than underneath?? that would make a difference to me!
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

nipples too high? Empty Re: nipples too high?

Post by nikitaw86 19th October 2011, 8:42 pm

When u fluff the implant gives way to gravity and the percentage it's empty helps it to move down do I'm guessing you'd get more lower poke Hun so they look more natural x
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 20th October 2011, 5:37 pm

Hey hun xx

Try not to worry too much, you are still quite early Post op xx

Do you have any pictures uploaded on Picture trail that people could maybe take a look at?

How high are they?? xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 20th October 2011, 7:49 pm

hi kay, no i haven't uploaded pics yet.... still getting used to them!Shocked

put it this way, if i put a balconette bra on, i'm about a centimetre from popping out !!!!

i'm really happy with the size and look with clothes on but i'm so hoping that they'll fill out a bit on top in time! otherwise bikini's will be a problem big time....
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 21st October 2011, 4:10 pm

Don't mean to worry you but that's exactly what I had xx

They call it setting sun syndrome........ x

I would make an appointment to see your PS and ask him if the nipple position is likely to change... xx

kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 21st October 2011, 7:44 pm

did yours change?
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 21st October 2011, 8:30 pm

Hey Donna,

I am 9 months po from mastopexy and 390 unders and i'm having exactly the same problem. I to love the shape and size but in a bra they are so close to popping out and a bikini this summer was a no no as they were out more than in.

I have an appointment with my ps on Monday to get the ball rolling for revision surgery as I can't go on like this as I am more concious about my breasts now than I was when they were saggy!

Unfortunately they looked high straight after surgery and I thought they would settle but the further po I got the fuller at the bottom they got which resulted in the nipple being even higher. My ps at past appointments has said it's due to my skin being so stretchy and my implant has bottomed out! but i'm not happy and the MyBreast pc has told me I must ask him to put me forward for revision surgery and they will take from there.

Good luck hun, I hope it works out for you and yours settle down with nothing to worry about xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 21st October 2011, 8:39 pm

i'm so hoping they do get sorted because the thought of going through the uncomfortable time again is not appealing!

i'm still getting alot of muscle pain after 3 months!

my ps told me at my 4 week appointment that he was unsure he was doing the right op as he was doing it! but it was so early days i just agreed he had... not seeing him until middle of november now.

even my hubby has noticed they're high and he doesn't really make comments!

fingers crossed for you x
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 21st October 2011, 11:25 pm

Hi Donna, and butterfly-
So do you think the problem is you've been lifted too much?? My surgeon has said to me how fine the line is between nipple lifting to right position then going too high. He also said he'd rather have to correct a nipple and lift if a little as that's easy- can be done under local anarstetic- whereas If they're top high it's harder to lower...
What were your pre-op nipple positioneadurements? What are they now?x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 22nd October 2011, 8:15 am

Hey Debsrich, for me it's a case of my implant sitting to low which is giving me alot of lower fullness and pushing my nipples up to high but you could see straight after my op that my implants were to low so I don't know why he took my nipples up that high. They are the correct distance from the nook of the neck as my ps has checked that. I just hope they sort it with no further cost to me.

Donna, I can't believe he said that he wasn't sure about it being the right op Shocked he should know best and he didn't have confidence in it then he shouldn't have done it. I hope it all works out hun x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by debsrich 22nd October 2011, 8:20 am

butterfly7713 wrote:Hey Debsrich, for me it's a case of my implant sitting to low which is giving me alot of lower fullness and pushing my nipples up to high but you could see straight after my op that my implants were to low so I don't know why he took my nipples up that high. They are the correct distance from the nook of the neck as my ps has checked that. I just hope they sort it with no further cost to me.

Donna, I can't believe he said that he wasn't sure about it being the right op Shocked he should know best and he didn't have confidence in it then he shouldn't have done it. I hope it all works out hun x

Oh I hope they sort it for you!! Do you have any pics up?
x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 22nd October 2011, 2:42 pm

not sure about measurements before or after? but i just tried on a halterneck dress (which is my favourite type) and i have to be very careful not to reach up too high as i almost fall out!

sounds like i have bottomed out also, but i don't think i can go through another op! seeing surgeon in november so not long to wait. up until now i've thought it would change, not sure how long it could take???
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 22nd October 2011, 5:09 pm

I only have my avatar pic up but to give you an idea of where they sit if you look at my bra in my avatar pic and count the triangles lol they are right by the 5th traingle! way to high. Like yourself if I try to wear halter necks v-necks or low cut I am popping out Shocked.

I kept thinking that they would drop but if anything as the implant settled more they looked higher :( I hope that won't be the case for you x
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 24th October 2011, 9:46 am

so far it is the case! i don't think i'd like another op so will have to live with it, but will wait and see what my surgeon says in a few weeks and go from there...

what happening with yours?
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 24th October 2011, 5:32 pm

Hey hun xx

I had a further op to correct this and the PS who did it just made things worse so am now seeing a reconstruction surgeon to put things right xx Third time lucky hopefully xx

I don't want to upset you both but it sounds like you have both bottomed out, which is what I have and is very technical and difficult to correct xx if it happens SOON after surgery it is generally due to over dissection of the pocket that the implant sits in and is SURGEON error xx

Your nipple position will not change and will not get lower xx sorry xx

I would go back to your PS and tell them you are not happy and ask them to put things right or refer you to someone that can xx YOU will both have paid A LOT of money and should NOT have to live with an unacceptable result xx

I have a diary up in the diary section which explains it all xx failing that google bottoming out xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 24th October 2011, 6:42 pm

thanks kay, i hope all goes well for you xx

it does look like it's bottomed out, but i'm hoping i can live with it, as i don't want to go through any more surgery!! i'm only just getting back into the gym and its been a nightmare!

thanks for info tho x
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 24th October 2011, 6:49 pm

It's still worth mentioning to your PS at you check up hun as in a years time you may feel differently and decide that you can't live with it xx

I had my first reop nearly two years after my first and my second will be nearly three years after xx

I didn't want to go through it again either but it got to the point where I couldn't live with them any longer the way they were xx

Good Luck hun xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 24th October 2011, 7:18 pm

i def will mention it, he will more than likely notice it himself! thanks and good luck to you x
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 17th May 2012, 7:28 pm

hi, just an update. its taken this long to get to see my surgeon again as he's been on a sabatical!

he agreed with everything i said regarding the nipples. they are possibly only 1cm to high but that is alot when it comes to bikini's, which i found out recently on holiday!

he seems to think that the implants are a little too big for my body frame and def bottomed out!

i have to wait until september to see him again, when he will have by then given me all my options and i can then make a decision on what to do.

i can, leave it, have the implant replaced with a smaller one or take some of the skin from the bottom and hopefully will pull down the nipple?

just hope he doesn't try and charge me again?
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th May 2012, 7:42 pm

Spire are a reputable clinic hun, I'm sure if your surgeon has agreed to revision there will no problem if that's what you choose to have.

Just catching up with your thread Donna and am so sorry you've had to go through all of this.

my ps told me at my 4 week appointment that he was unsure he was doing
the right op as he was doing it! but it was so early days i just agreed
he had... not seeing him until middle of november now.

This is a little shocking to read to say the least. Are you still confident with this surgeon Donna?

If not sweetness you could always make a complaint to Spire and request a different surgeon see you for your revision if that's what you'd prefer? x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 17th May 2012, 7:51 pm

i really don't want to go through another op but it seems no other option as i really can't stand to look at them. it's making me really self conscious in some of my low cut dresses.

the surgeon in all fairness is very good and told me what i thought before i opened my mouth. he said that there's a fine line and while in theatre it was measureing right (something to do with between elbow and shoulder?). but the implants are just too big for my body and stretched outside of nipple and bottomed out so making nipple higher.

i asked for 325cc and somebody didn't write it down so ended up having 360cc which obviously are too big.

at the moment i am a 30G !!! Shocked not what i was looking for at all!
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th May 2012, 8:07 pm

Dear me that's not good hun! Not good at all! nipples too high? 683465

C'mere nipples too high? 571992

I absolutely understand you're not wanting to have a re-op babe, I myself had to go through a re-op, not by choice but out of necessity and was just as scared as you are babe.

But thonk of it this way... all the things you don't like about your boobs, the nipple height, size and look, they can all be fixed in a day! You won't look back Donna after having your revision if you trust your surgeon to do it. I also went smaller when I had my re-op and it's made such a difference to how I look in clothes that I haven't looked back a single time.

You take your time to do what feels right for YOU though Donna, you can take time to research what you feel would be best for you and when you go back to see your surgeon you can go through a few more things to help you make a decision.

We're here if you need us babe. xx

Last edited by cookie on 17th May 2012, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donna dj 17th May 2012, 8:12 pm

thanks cookie, it's always nice to know others have been there also.

speak soon xxnipples too high? 683328
donna dj
donna dj
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th May 2012, 8:19 pm

Do stay in touch Donna and lean on us all you need to, you're definately not alone. There's many women here who have had to have revision and can empathise, sometimes it's good to talk and just let it all out as the stress of things not going right can build up babe, I don't know what I'd have done without this place when I needed my re-op. So offload anytime Donna, it really does help get you through everything nipples too high? 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th May 2012, 9:36 pm

Hay hun, just though id add a different side to this maybe?

Some ladys can end up with a "bottom heavy" look about there boobs & I was told by James who was our redident P.S that infact bottom heavy is the most desired look & what most P.S hope tp create......

I have very bottom heavy looking boobs, so much so that I too though i had something wrong & had infact bottomed out.....

Straight after my op my boobs looked perfect, nipples sat bang in the middle of the implant, when I showed my brothers girlfriend she loved them but when I told her they would change & the implant would fluff & drop she said I didnt really want them to do that as my nipples were perfect where they were.........

& yes just 2 weeks later I did drop & fluff quite alot with ALOT of dropping of the implant, not drooping or sagging but as the implant settled due to gravity all the gell regardless as to if you have round still ends up tear drop in shape and the implant as a hole doesnt sit high gravity pushes it further down in the pocket.......

This made my my nipples sit a inch higher on my breast so they no longer sat bang in the middle & this made me look botton heavy or as I though bottomed out.

I asked my P.S about this & was very upset about it as most girls I had seen had more implant above thenipple then below it like me & he said I had that look as I had a shorter then normal nipple to neck measurment & so I said shorly you should have then placed the implant higher up to take into account this & he said it was impossible to do & that I had amazing boobs and nothing to be worried about.........

I orihinally though he was fobbing me off & that he has placed my implant in the wrong place & done it to the "normal nipple to neck" measurement rather then my 2 inch shorter ones......

But after talking to James & him seeing my avvy pic ( which you can see alot in!)and him telling me that I actually have what most p.s want to create & that bottom heavy is the best look in the p.s world & they look great....I fianlly realised that actually just because im bottom heavey doesnt mean I have bottomed out or that I have something wrong with them & that just how my boobs are shrug ...........Yes I do still get the odd day when I think I really would love some upper pole fullness but I can get that in a bra & yes my nipples do sit high but I just remind myself that everyone is different & bottom heavy is wanted! lol

The only time I do have a problem with it & sometime get that flicker going again that there is something wrong ( which is very easy for me) is when I wear my sports bras, the evil things do me no favours and infact dont support my breasts put push the implant hard down as much as they could go & then my niplle really are near the top of my boobs & I dont like it!

Just though id put this out there for you to think about as it may just be that you have naturally bottom heavy boobs hun :flowers:

Do you have any pics I can look at & ill tell you what I think hun xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next