Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Issues with Breast Implants

3 posters

Go down

Health Issues with Breast Implants Empty Health Issues with Breast Implants

Post by Flossy70 29th April 2011, 4:55 pm

As soon as I had breast implants I started to get strange things happening to my body, unusual hair loss, strange taste in mouth, easy bruising, lethargy, painful joints, etc. I had them removed without replacement and things improved quickly. The surgeon who removed them said he'd removed implants from about half a dozen patients over 25 yrs as a plastic surgeon for the same reasons. Have you seen a lot of patients whose bodies simply don't seem to like implants? How common/rare do you think this situation is? I don't think the implants were ruptured as I saw them after the operation, and yet I felt utterly poisioned all the time they were inside me.
(Allergan silicone)
Flossy70
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts: 2
Surgery Details: Post BA

Flossy70
Flossy70
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Health Issues with Breast Implants Empty Re: Health Issues with Breast Implants

Post by John Pereira 2nd May 2011, 12:39 pm

Hi Flossy
I have never removed any good quality unruptured implants for the sort of symptoms that you describe. I have seen the same sort of thing with ruptured old style liquid silicon implants and now a lot of strange inflammatory reactions with PIPs. It is not impossible to have this sort of reaction though - although proving it is related to implants is virtually impossible as there is no specific test for this. I would always listen to a patients story and if it seems convincing remove the implants and see what happens. Although they are very inert, implants are a foreign material and some peoples bodies are less tolerant to this than others. Replacing the implants with salines probably wouldnt help either as the silicon shell of saline implants is just the same.

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by tinap.i.p 10th May 2011, 8:55 pm

Hi John,
Not sure if I am posting in the correct area. I have P.I.P implant which I am wanting removed and I am worried that the same thing will happen again with new implants (i.e recall). I am worried about having nothing put back in as I guess I would be left with sagging boobs. (They were just small before the op no probs) What is the scarring recovery etc like with uplifts and can you recomend anyone in the London/Essex area? Many thanks Tina.
tinap.i.p
tinap.i.p
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by John Pereira 12th May 2011, 10:15 pm

Hi Tina
PIPs havent actually been recalled but the advice is scan every 6 months and not to breast feed if you have them in. They are rupturing more frequently than others and they loose silicon even through an intact shell. Would I leave them in a relative of mine if they had them in - NO.
Remember that good quality implants of cohesive silicon gel have never been recalled - stick to brands like Nagor or Allergan that have a great track record of quality if you have them replaced. I have never removed any of my own patients implants but have of other surgeons who were unhappy with the results. Many times the skin shrinks back and the breast looks fine as long as there are no preexisting stretch marks and the implants are not too big.
The NHS will remove symptomatic implants if your GP will refer you. You could then let the skin shrink back and see how they look, having a lift or reaugment later if required. Scars after letting the skin shrink may be smaller than if the whole thing is done at once.
I am based in East Grinstead if you travel south of london (next to gatwick airport at Mc Indoe Surgical Centre). In Essex look up professor James Frame who is a good opinion and sensible surgeon.

I hope that helps.
Best wishes

JP
John Pereira
John Pereira

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content