Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair loss after GA

3 posters

Go down

Hair loss after GA Empty Hair loss after GA

Post by andsophie 21st April 2011, 10:08 am

Hi Everyone

Haven't posted for a while, boobs are good.
Gonna put up some photos later so you all can give me your feedback.

Basically the last 5/6 days I've been noticing my hair is falling out quite significantly, I wake up and my pillow is covered, brush it and the sink fills with hair, run my fingers through it and there's loads of hair.

My OH says not to worry cos his falls out all the time, but this isn't normal for me!!
Just wandering if anyone else has experienced this after GA, I've read up a bit and apparently its quite common, hasn't been confirmed that it is the anesthesia itself or the stress from surgery.

I DON'T WANNA GO BALD!!! Eek

Any help would be appreciated!

XxX
andsophie
andsophie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Hair loss after GA Empty Re: Hair loss after GA

Post by sarahdawn31 21st April 2011, 11:01 am

Hey hun, I didnt have hair loss from the GA however I do suffer with hair loss and have for years... when ever I am run down or stressed I have a week or two of extreme hair loss where I think I am just going to loose it all, then it stops.

I am currently working with a naturalpath to try and help my hair but anyway... from what I understand about this type of hair loss (and that would include the post op hair loss) is that the production of hair is the first thing to suffer when our body is working over time to deal with or fix another problem so temporarily we experience the hair loss... Now I dont know this for sure but I have been told that stress induced hair loss (pysical or mental) is only temporary and no one goes bald from it... now that was a big peace of mind for me!

So as long as you dont have some other issue that causes hair loss hun, try not to worry about it... if it goes on for more than a couple weeks go and see your gp they may test you for low iron, low zinc or tyriod issues.

Sorry if I rambled on, its just that I know how scary hair loss can be, as a woman our hair is a big part of out identity.

Glad your new boobs are well!
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 21st April 2011, 11:15 am

Hey hun.... I've always suffered with hair loss (although my hair actually resembles diana ross's as its huge and so much of it) so I never actually noticed how much I was losing!

Apparently its more about the stress of the surgery and does calm down when ur body relaxes again!

Try not to pull it out like, brushing hair gently and with a soft bristle brush, don't use a lot of conditioner, try not to fiddle with ur hair and if u tie it up try not to tie it tight. Xxx

Hope that helps hun, this is what I was told is great to treat hair that's growing back from alopecia(can't ever spell it) xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by andsophie 21st April 2011, 11:35 am

Thank you girls, great advice.
I'm sure it's just down to the stress on my body after surgery!!

Gonna leave it for a week or so and see what happens.
Hopefully it will stop soon!!

Xx
andsophie
andsophie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down