Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Male surgeon v Female surgeon

+9
angbabyxx
Jaybles
yettiricey
alfie
Rach26
abbie
misf1
LauraJN
lindylou22
13 posters

Go down

Male surgeon v Female surgeon Empty Male surgeon v Female surgeon

Post by lindylou22 16th February 2011, 9:39 pm

Not to generalise at all, or to suggest even remotely that male surgeons cannot produce great results (because evidently they can), but do you think that a female surgeon simply has a more innate understanding of what it is to be a woman and live with boobs, and how to dress them, and why we want them to look a certain way etc? Like, it's more natural to explain to a woman why you want them?

I actually don't necessarily agree with myself over that, as a lot of woman can be very negative about other women having such surgery, but I think generally on "personal" women's issues, we like to talk to other women... you know if you go to the doctors about something innately "womanly", you kind of want a woman doctor to talk to, yet most surgeons are male. I'm really happy with my surgeon, and he's lovely, but I must admit that I still gulp at the thought of having to stand topless in front of him in the way that I don't think I would if he was a she lol.

Not trying to generalise at all, just wondering if you think it even makes a difference?

LL
x

lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Male surgeon v Female surgeon Empty Re: Male surgeon v Female surgeon

Post by LauraJN 16th February 2011, 9:52 pm

When I first started researching breast surgery I always thought that a woman would know best. I had my first consultation last year with Barbara Lutz at transform. I found her to be quite rude and abrasive though. I went to her explaining how I wanted them to look as natural as possible, whilst still achieving the biggest size. She barely listened to me at all and it was all very rushed. However, I don't think it makes too much of a difference. I think for men, breasts are one of the biggest fascinations in life. I think they know what looks good on a woman and their judgement is just as valid. x
LauraJN
LauraJN
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 16th February 2011, 10:07 pm

I dont think it makes a difference to be honest, as a surgeon is a surgeon, they should aim to give their patient what they want. However when I went to a GP for a womanly problem I wanted a woman Dr just because I thought they empathise more and understand, although I quickly found that was not always the case as some women Dr's are just plain horrible (2 women Dr's made me feel like a silly little girl). So I now believe that it's the quality of the Dr and not the sex of the Dr in any problem, so I would also assume it's the same with surgeons.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 16th February 2011, 10:19 pm

theres not many women surgeons to choose from, but the gender would never be a factor my decision making with choosing a surgeon.
I never really thought about it.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach26 16th February 2011, 11:34 pm

As far as my top half is concerned I really am not bothered whether its a man or a woman.

When it comes to my lady garden however I insist on a woman!!! I don't know why, I just don't feel comfortable with a man down there!
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 17th February 2011, 12:38 pm

Rach26 wrote:As far as my top half is concerned I really am not bothered whether its a man or a woman.

When it comes to my lady garden however I insist on a woman!!! I don't know why, I just don't feel comfortable with a man down there!

I'm with you on that one Rach.

xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 17th February 2011, 12:46 pm

Rach26 wrote:As far as my top half is concerned I really am not bothered whether its a man or a woman.

Yep Rach I'm with you on that too. I once walked out of a family planning appointment when some young stud muffin thought he was going to give me a smear test .....I told him "Mate you gotta at least buy me half a larger and a chicken tikka massala before you get my knickers off" Hysterical I then walked out leaving his stud muffin face looking rather bemused!
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybles 17th February 2011, 3:52 pm

I think that a female surgoen offers a unique perspective on female anatomy, I had a female surgoen Mrs Kat and am very happy with the results. I also think that there a lots of sensible and fantastic male surgoens out there. :dunno: x
Jaybles
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 17th February 2011, 4:01 pm

Lady Garden...... Hysterical Luv it Rach

On the 'gender' issue, personally, I don't mind as long as they know what their doing!!!!!!!
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 17th February 2011, 4:05 pm

I talked to a woman surgeon at Mybreast and i found her to be fantastic to talk to. She seem to understand what I wanted. And I felt like she did understand. I was also less embarrassed or worried. I was a lot less hesitant to take off my bra. But i think a good surgeon is a good surgeon. I had mine done by a male surgeon in the end.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbie 251 18th February 2011, 9:53 am

I had my BA with Dr Hadden (a woman) at Transform. I had my first consultation with a male consultant but the dates I wanted over the xmas period were very specific and he could not fit me in. I then had a consultation with Dr Hadden and felt very at ease with her. She was lovely to talk to and was very understanding of the natural look that I wanted. She made me feel really comfortable on the morning of the surgery. I am very happy with the results and can't wait to see her this afternoon(6 week check) to tell her myself. xx
Newbie 251
Newbie 251
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 18th February 2011, 7:03 pm

God Im going to sound terrible now but I dont think I would have been comfortable with a woman surgeon. I think it's because I naturally assumed it would be a male, and would have thrown me completely if I had gone to see a female. As for doctors, I feel more comfortable with men down there too. Maybe Im just a hussy who likes to get my bits out to men full stop!!!!
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 18th February 2011, 8:48 pm

I dont think it makes a difference if its a man or a woman, I think plastic surgury is a skill and a talent some have and some dont...
I remember at my 2nd pre op consult when I was expressing some concern over size ect with my ps and he said to me... "you have to trust me I KNOW boobs" and well, YUP he sure does... he gave me exactly what I wanted in combination with what suits my body!
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down