Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

got my bandages wet arghhh!!!

5 posters

Go down

got my bandages wet arghhh!!! Empty got my bandages wet arghhh!!!

Post by twinmum23 29th January 2011, 10:25 pm

so now im in a panic after having a shallow bath this morning 5 days post op,i was sitting on my knees and accidently leant forward and got my bandages all soaked! think i forgot how pert my new boobs are so they just dunked into the water haha so then i had the major dilema of going into town and buying dressing stuff to re dress it all, i did get to have a first peak at my new boobs and they look amazing but im freaking out now that im gonna have buggered the healing all up. i couldnt get the exact stuff the hospital had put on me so i had to just put healing wound pads and then sergical tape over to keep in place but it feels really uncomfy, the wound looked lovely and dry and no nasty weaping bits and i didnt touch the steri strips that were over the actual wound but there was lots of bruising and dark marks! do u think it will be ok? im tempted to ring the surgery and go get them to re dress it properly as my next appointment isnt till thursday hmm?
twinmum23
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

got my bandages wet arghhh!!! Empty Re: got my bandages wet arghhh!!!

Post by Gabby 29th January 2011, 10:36 pm

If the area where the scars are is nice and dry, I would personally wait for your appt.
Can you not re-bandage yourself (or have someone else do it) if the DIY job is a bit uncomfy?
Gabby
Gabby
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by Zzz1981 29th January 2011, 10:49 pm

Hiya,

As long as the wound is dry and not disturbed I think you will be ok! I am 10 days post op and have been cleaning and changing my dressing and steri strips every other day! (Really bad OCD)

If you ate really worried that the job you have done isn't quite unto scratch and it's not comfortable like it was, just give them a quick call and I'm sure they will fit you in and fix you up!

Try not to worry you will be fine!
:boobchick:

P.s what am amazing size you got!! 600!!!! I want them! Xxx
Zzz1981
Zzz1981
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by twinmum23 29th January 2011, 10:59 pm

thanks yeah think im just worrying over nothing, my other half reckons it will be fine and im being stupid but i am a worrier and especially after my mum had a bad infection after her uplift 6 months ago! i first used that fabric plaster tape stuff but it kept just unsticking to my skin but it was really comfy lol so had to take that all off and use that nasty almost tracing paper texture tape which has stuck but dont bend with your body too great so at the sides under my boobs it feels all pokey iney lol but the actual wound does have nice cushioned dressings on so shouldnt be actually poking into that! do you think if your gonna get an infection u have symptons like from early on? what i mean is do you think with me being 5 days post op and everything looks good so far that im unlikey to get an infection? i just have really bad panics about what happened with my mum, she basically had uplift and implants and 10 days after op went to get dressing removed and stitches out and i was there watching when the nurse pulled the steri strip and the oozing that came out was just awfull :tears: it just wouldnt stop and it full on haunt me! my poor mum shes had nothing but problems from her surgery and surgeon who done it :mad: ! sorry im full blown jabbering on now lol
twinmum23
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 29th January 2011, 11:00 pm

I just read quickly through your post and noticed your ticker said 6+ months and my immediate thought was "Poor girl, still has to have shallow baths after 6 months and still has dressings on" I then reread it and noticed you had a re-op 5 days ago :heehee: What am I like LOL
Anyway, provided you didn't get the scars wet, you should be OK but, like the other girls suggested, get somebody to rebandage them if possible if they are uncomfortable - failing that, I would give the clinic a quick ring on Monday and see if they can squeeze you in to have them rebandaged there.
xx.
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 29th January 2011, 11:04 pm

Aw hun, I can totally understand your worry. But be calm, as you have said the wounds look fine and you have done the best thing by changing the dressing. I would try and make yourself more comfortable with your new dressings, if you can give the clinic or your GP a ring to see if you can have a nurse re dress them for you. I'm sure you have done nothing to hurt your healing, so dont panic. As for the dark bits/bruising, thats all perfectly normal this early post op.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by twinmum23 29th January 2011, 11:11 pm

carol_s wrote:I just read quickly through your post and noticed your ticker said 6+ months and my immediate thought was "Poor girl, still has to have shallow baths after 6 months and still has dressings on" I then reread it and noticed you had a re-op 5 days ago :heehee: What am I like LOL

that did make me giggle lol

cheers ladies will update you on what i do, i will c how it feels tommorow and decide if to ring and get the nurse to re dress it then thank you
twinmum23
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zzz1981 29th January 2011, 11:11 pm

Try not to worry you will be ok, you won't get an infection and if you did they will check your wounds on Thursday and I bet it's all sealed nicely with no infection!

I had an infection aft my first BA and they just gave me antibiotics and I was fine! That's mainly why I am keeping a close eye on my healing now! I just keep on feeling the wound to ensure no stitches are being rejected and there is no red around the area. Your poor mum had a awful experience which is worrying you and that is understandable!

You will be fine chicks :flowers:
Zzz1981
Zzz1981
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down