Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One step forward, 10 steps back!!

+8
natalia
shiv*
melloumaw
carol_s
wend
Jessica
Carrie
ittybittytitty
12 posters

Go down

One step forward, 10 steps back!!  Empty One step forward, 10 steps back!!

Post by ittybittytitty 18th January 2011, 2:36 pm

Hey girls,

I need to have a bit of a rant here! I'm getting disheartened by the whole consultation process and I'm starting to get really confused!
I really liked the first clinic I went to, the PCC was lovely and the setup was really good but hadn't met the surgeon yet!
My second consultation I ruled out completely, I disliked the clinic and the surgeon!
My third consultation was with THG here in Ireland, I didn't like the clinic or the PCC but thought the surgeon Dr Hussan Sulaiman was nice but I felt rushed. He recommended around 300cc under the muscle.
I returned to the first clinic to meet with the surgeon Dr Robertson, I had decided in my head that this was the place I was going to get my surgery done because I got on so well with the PCC, so I think I had the rose tinted glasses on when I met with the surgeon! He told me he usually does overs before I took my top off, he didn't change his mind about giving me overs when he saw my 34A boobs. I do have a good amount of breast tissue but I feel as if he just does overs because they're easier and not because he thinks they would look better on me!! Also, he didn't ask me what look I would like to achieve, he let me try on sizers and make my own mind up about what size I wanted and then he told me whether or not he could fit that size.

So, now I'm seriously confused! I'm a 34A and always thought I should go under the muscle. I've been trawling through photos online and I don't like the look of overs when the patient has as the same amount of breast tissue that I have.

I'm trying to go with my gut on this, I could go back to Dr Robertson and try get him to give me unders but I'm just having doubts and I'm not sure if I even liked him all that much!! I could go back to THG too I suppose, Dr Sulaiman was nice I suppose and he offered me the unders initially! The staff there are awfull though and it's very offputting.
Or do I keep searching, which would most likely mean travelling to the UK to have my BA, which seems so daunting right now, there's so many options there I don't know where to start! Aghhh, I feel like I'm going crazy, I wish picking a surgeon was a lot easier! shrug
Did you girls just "know" when you met the right surgeon??? Or did you end up just settling to get the job done?
ittybittytitty
ittybittytitty
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

One step forward, 10 steps back!!  Empty Re: One step forward, 10 steps back!!

Post by Carrie 18th January 2011, 2:43 pm

Personally I wouldn't settle for anything I wasn't happy with. I was fortunate and 'clicked' with my surgeon. I understand the sense of urgency you must be feeling, but try to to rush into anything - this is a long term commitment. Good luck xx
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 18th January 2011, 2:47 pm

I would say use this as an opportunity to keep searching - when you find the right surgeon, things will just 'click' and you wont have these doubts at all. There are tons out there - if you liked the clinic but are now having doubts about the surgeon, perhaps you could speak to your PCC and ask to see another surgeon of theirs? xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by ittybittytitty 18th January 2011, 2:54 pm

Thanks Jessica, your right, I just need to keep searching! Unfortunately the clinic I liked just had the one surgeon. I'm going to widen my search to the UK, it will be a lot more awkward having to book flights for consultations but it will be worth it if I'm 100% happy with my decision! I can't help but think if I settle and don't get the results I wanted then I'll be kicking myself afterwards! If I'm 100% happy and still don't get the perfect results at least I won't be beating myself up about it!!
ittybittytitty
ittybittytitty
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 18th January 2011, 3:06 pm

Hi

I started a very simular size to you a 36A and thought i`d have to have unders but prefered the look of overs ( i had 300cc). My breast tissue was no more than puffy didn`t always have enough to fit some a cups but it was the amount of tissue above that he was more concered with and that was easy for him to grab with the measuring thingy me jig. Hence i was fine for overs and like the others are saying i think you just click with the right PS so go with your gut and discribe the look you want and if you have enough tissue this will prob determine his or her reccomendation . Good luck xxx
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 18th January 2011, 3:09 pm

I would also consider staying with THG and having the op at Dolan Park hunnie. THG will fly you across from Ireland to Birmingham and pick you up at the airport and take you back afterwards. I had Michael Payne of THG and was pleased with the results and he recommended unders for me too - maybe he prefers that type of placement or perhaps he thought that was what would give me the best result.
You could always ask THG if Mr Payne does consultations in Ireland too as this might save you the hassle of coming across just for a 30 to 45min consultation.
Good luck hunnie
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 18th January 2011, 3:12 pm

i also had mr sulaiman at bromsgrove dolan park honey.but if your unsure about anything keep looking until you are happy
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by shiv* 18th January 2011, 3:33 pm

I had four different consultations at four different places and knew when I found the right surgeon! Only go somewhere you are 100% happy dont just settle for somewhere thats okay like I almost did. I'm going to THG, Dolan park in Bromsgrove as all the staff there were so nice. My surgeon, Dr. renato zaccheddu listened to everything I wanted aswell as giving me his opinion. obviously i havent had my actual BA yet but I've got every faith in my decision. I guess its a case of just serching for where is best for you and where you're most happiest at!
Good luck!
xx
shiv*
shiv*
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 18th January 2011, 3:41 pm

i had 4 consulations it wasnt till my last one until i made my mind up i went with transform xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by **Jem** 18th January 2011, 7:58 pm

Do they have 'Spire' in Ireland? Or do you know anyone that has has a BA and can give you a personal recommendation closer to home? Good luck, like the other girls have said I think its important to be happy with your surgeon.
**Jem**
**Jem**
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 18th January 2011, 8:12 pm

Definitely keep looking hun, you need to go somewhere where you are 100% confident with your choice. Imagine how you would be feeling the night before the op if there were things about the surgeon/clinic that had been niggling at you from the start. I think your ultimate priority has to be the PS, as they are the one operating on you and they need to know exactly the look you're after!!

Good luck hun, I hope you find someone!!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

One step forward, 10 steps back!!  Empty Dolan Park for me too

Post by leaspin 19th January 2011, 7:38 am

shiv* wrote:I had four different consultations at four different places and knew when I found the right surgeon! Only go somewhere you are 100% happy dont just settle for somewhere thats okay like I almost did. I'm going to THG, Dolan park in Bromsgrove as all the staff there were so nice. My surgeon, Dr. renato zaccheddu listened to everything I wanted aswell as giving me his opinion. obviously i havent had my actual BA yet but I've got every faith in my decision. I guess its a case of just serching for where is best for you and where you're most happiest at!
Good luck!
xx

Oooh I am going with Renato at Dolan Park too! I am booked for 2nd Feb. wavey PM me any time if you ever want any feedback as I am going in before your GA.

I agree with all the other comments. It was a real pain having to go to all the consultations, especially since I work full time and have two children to timetable around. It is worth it though because now I am sure that I have the right surgeon doing my op.

ONe more thing I would like to say, concentrate on the surgeon rather than the PCC. My PCC is lovely (Viv LLoyd at THG), but at the end of the day she is not going to be hovering over me with a sharp tool!

Good luck with your search.
leaspin
leaspin
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by ittybittytitty 19th January 2011, 1:08 pm

Thanks girls, I thought I was going to snap yesterday with all the different options running around in my head!!
After thinking everything through again I've decided I need to take my time with it! My ideal time is March to have it done but I'm not going to push myself to decide if I'm not comfortable just to have it done by then! (as much as it kills me to wait any longer!!! nope )
We don't have a spire here in Ireland, it seems to be more 'Companies' who do breast augmentations here and I think that's what is actually turning me off, just the feeling of being on a conveyor belt if you know what I mean! lol

I'm looking into booking an appointment with CC Kat at Spire after seeing a lot of recommendations on here and other places. I got through to 2 of the 3 hospitals she does consultations with and I'm waiting for a callback from the 3rd place(little aston) as I could not get through I was on hold for like 15/20 mins! nope
Once I get an idea of the dates available I'm going to book a flight and then maybe book another consult with THG in Birmingham for the same day if I can as I will be there for the whole day! It's going to end up costing me about 1.5k more (euros) but I'm trying not to think about the money side as this is too important!!
Thanks again girls, it helps to be able to speak with people who have been in the same position as me!
ittybittytitty
ittybittytitty
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ANewMeToBe 19th January 2011, 1:32 pm

Hi hun, sorry you are struggling to find the right place for your op, can't be fun. I can't really say much to help but having had ny ba and uplift with hassan sullaiman and been over the moon with my result, exactly what I asked for I can recommend him. Chin up, you'll get there. X
ANewMeToBe
ANewMeToBe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down