Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unders or Overs

4 posters

Go down

Unders or Overs Empty Unders or Overs

Post by karinakayx 14th January 2011, 5:38 pm

Wondering if anyone could help me ive been given the choice of 460cc or 410cc to take me from 34b to 34dd/d hopefully! but im really unsure wether to have them over or under ive been told when put under the muscle you lose 10% of the volume! could you tell me what difference they make? xx
karinakayx
karinakayx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Unders or Overs Empty Re: Unders or Overs

Post by carol_s 14th January 2011, 5:54 pm

You should be fine with unders pet (or overs). I had 420 unders with a very high profile and they took me from a 36A/B to a 36DD. Has your surgeon said whether he would do unders or overs or has he left the decision with you.
Have you seen this message [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which discusses placements and the pros and cons of each type??
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 14th January 2011, 5:59 pm

if youve got enough breast tissue for overs, which i assume you will at a 34B, then go for overs.
Unders are usually most suitable for girls with hardly any breast tissue, to stop the top ridge of the implant being visible if they want a natural look. If youve already got enough breast tissue, then this wont be an issue as youll have good coverage of the implant anyway.
if youve already got breast tissue, then overs will give the most natural look and feel, its also a much more straightforward recovery and a bit less painful
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by karinakayx 14th January 2011, 6:11 pm

ive not got alot ov top breast tissue due to weight loss which has made my boobs sag a little. the 1st surgeon i saw recommened a nipple lift and 380cc but am only 20 and felt that was too drastic as am not looking for the perfect boobs which he told me the nipple lift would give me! am more focused on gaining the shape and size ive lost.my nipple ares about 3/4 way down breast if that makes sense and seem normal to me as ive compared with friends and used to them being there. i then went for a second opinion with another surgeon he suggested 460cc or 410cc with no nipple lift! when i placed them in my bra i went for the 460cc due to seeing how big they looked but he then told me later he would place them under and the weight would probaly make them sag within a few years and this would bring my nipples down further if i went with the 460cc! so am now considering the 410cc but just wondering if i would lose any volume by having them put under?? i would prefer the 460cc but dont want to be silly and cause myself trouble later in life HELP!!! lol xx
karinakayx
karinakayx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 14th January 2011, 6:35 pm

You will be the same bra size whether you have over or under. I would be more worried if you have some sagging that an under the muscle placement in a few years would not sag but your natural breast tissue would continue to do so, leaving a stange look. So either way, whether you had overs or unders sagging will eventually mean you would need a re op.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 14th January 2011, 6:35 pm

its not so much the volume lost if you go under - i dont actually think you do lose volume, it just slightly distrubutes it differently.
I think if you have sagging and you dont want a lift, then overs is best.
I had unders with sagging, and its made the tissue droop over the top of the implant, which is still held high by the muscle. Its a bit hard to explain, but now i need a re-op for an uplift, which my surgeon has said i wouldnt have needed if id had overs.
I couldnt have overs because i didnt have enough breast tissue, but if you do, then its better all round.

abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down