Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are partial unders???

+5
*Sally*
lindylou22
hattie260
carol_s
newboobs?
9 posters

Go down

What are partial unders??? Empty What are partial unders???

Post by newboobs? 1st January 2011, 11:16 am

Hi Ladies

Ive just been reading a few comments and noticed that a few mention having partial unders...???

I have been advised to have under the muscle, guessing because Im quite thin???

Is there any other reason why I have been advised to have unders? my only concern with this is that my muscle wont be the same after???

Sorry thats a few questions in one!!

:) xx Katy
newboobs?
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

What are partial unders??? Empty Re: What are partial unders???

Post by carol_s 1st January 2011, 11:37 am

Hi Katy,
One reason why the surgeon will recommend insertion of the implant under the muscle is indeed because there is not a lot of either breast tissue or subcutaneous fat as otherwise the edge of the implant can easily be seen underneath the skin and you would have a slight edge where the implant is. To avoid this the surgeon will create a pocket for the implant under the muscle which makes this a lot smoother and more natural.
Another reason is where the surgeon might think you are more prone to symastia (where the skin between your boobs is raised off the breastbone which results in the two boobs slowly merging into one).
If you have a really strong preference, now is the time to discuss these issues with your surgeon so s/he can explain why s/he thinks it is necessary in your particular case.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 1st January 2011, 12:28 pm

Hi Katy,

In most cases when a surgeon says he is going to place the implant under the muscle, he is referring to the 'dual plane' or 'partial under' position - where the top part of the implant is covered by the pectoralis major muscle and bottom part of the implant is not covered by any muscle. This is most likely what you are having. They very rarely place implants fully under the muscle these days unless it is a reconstruction.

This image shows what the chest muscles look like:

What are partial unders??? Pectoralis-Major-Muscle

This image shows a 'partial under', or 'dual plane' position, the placement most girls who have 'unders' have this placement:

What are partial unders??? ImplantUndrLarge

This is the full under placement which is only really used in reconstructive surgery, or if the patient really has no breast tissue whatsoever:

What are partial unders??? ImpalntUnderBothMuscles

Hope this helps you understand the difference between the submuscular placements a bit better, but if you are still unsure ask your surgeon to explain what he is recommending for you.

xx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 1st January 2011, 2:02 pm

Wow those diagrams are such an excellent depiction... I've been looking for something like that for ages! Where did you find them?

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 1st January 2011, 2:06 pm

fab explanation Hattie. What are partial unders??? 184153
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by newboobs? 1st January 2011, 2:09 pm

Wow! thanks for that...I now understand! So the actually muscle shouldn't really be affected????

I like to go to the gym thats all!!

x
newboobs?
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lilibet 1st January 2011, 4:16 pm

Hi Hattie - thanks for diagram- I'm havinng unders in 9 days time - although I knew generally what they were, this diagram really helps xx
lilibet
lilibet
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 1st January 2011, 4:44 pm

Hi Katy

Just thought you might wanna check out the 'Is it better to have strong pecs?' topic. This is where we've discussed how having strong pectoral muscles, or how using your muscles a lot might effect people with partial unders. It's just coz you said you go to the gym a lot. I don't know if you do a lot of lifting there. But you should check out that topic. x
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 1st January 2011, 4:44 pm

lindylou22 wrote:Wow those diagrams are such an excellent depiction... I've been looking for something like that for ages! Where did you find them?

It's actually an American cosmetic surgery company's website see HERE. It has some good descriptions on it. Most diagrams show an image from the side view which helps with the basic idea but is not particularly helpful to see what actually happens to your muscles, I thought it meant the muscle was cut until i saw these images!

newboobs? wrote:Wow! thanks for that...I now understand! So the actually muscle shouldn't really be affected????

I like to go to the gym thats all!!

Once you are healed, the muscle itself should not be affected and you should be able to excercise as normal. However some ladies have whats known as muscle flex distortion where the muscle squeezes the implant when tensed. Not everyone gets this and people get it to different degrees but I would tell your surgeon you go to the gym a lot as this may affect the placement he decides to use.

Good luck! x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 1st January 2011, 7:55 pm

Thank you! I thought the muscle was cut as well until now! I wondered how on earth it would heal and work properly afterwards, and now it makes sense!

If you have anatomical unders (instead of overs), is it less likely that they'll rotate and turn upside down as they muscle holds them in place?

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 1st January 2011, 8:22 pm

I have fully under the muscle at the moment and my surgeon is changing them to dual-plane in my next surgery. I had to have unders as i had small breasts (34b smallest size) when i first had my op.

x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by newboobs? 1st January 2011, 9:01 pm

Honestly Im not into weights or anything like that although I do like to run and generally tone, my surgeon did advise against rowing and chest exercises!! Anyhow I wont need to try and build my chest up any longer!! YIPEEE

:)X
newboobs?
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 1st January 2011, 11:12 pm

Good advice from your surgeon! I used a rowing machine a good 4 months after my first op and i got awful pains in my left boob for a few days after! My chest muscles were very tight especially my left which held my implant up too high hence the recent re-op. Because of my tight chest muscles i suffered really bad distortion so during my reop my surgeon did actually cut through my muscles to release them. My issues are much improved now. I was a rare case though, most girls with unders have no problems at all. x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by smallfry 4th January 2011, 1:37 pm

if they are under the muscle are they on your ribs. are they on your bone.
smallfry
smallfry
Banned

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down