Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overs or Unders??????

+3
COOKIE
Phoebe
jellytot
7 posters

Go down

Overs or Unders?????? Empty Overs or Unders??????

Post by jellytot 16th October 2010, 8:06 pm

I've now been to two consultations (Spire & Mybreast) and liked both surgeons (and would be happy with either of them to perform my ba)...the big question now is the first one was absolutely definate that I should have 375 anatomical unders, whereas the second one was just as adamant that I should have 370 anatomical overs!!!!....I'm now REALLY confused!

They obviously both agree on the size and shape (which I'm happy with also), but I don't know which to 'believe'? Are unders or overs the way to go??? I hear that overs are more 'natural' as 'real' breast tissue sits over the muscle, and it's a less intrusive operation. But, I'm concerned that as I get older (I'm 37 now) my skin will thin and maybe overs will show rippling / upper edges more??? I'm relatively slim with a 32 b chest at the moment and am 'pinching' either 2cm or 3 cm in breast tissue at the upper half of my breast (which is apparently what determines whether they advise overs or unders (if it's 2cm or less, unders is the preferred placement)!

I'm totally confused with what I should do? Can anyone help? shrug
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Overs or Unders?????? Empty Re: Overs or Unders??????

Post by Phoebe 16th October 2010, 8:09 pm

Hiya, I had really small boobs before my BA, I had 420 & 390 overs and they look great. I have before and after pics on pictutetrail if you want to see let me know xxx
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot 16th October 2010, 8:10 pm

Oooh yes please Phoebe - could I take a look?
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 16th October 2010, 8:11 pm

Sure I'll PM you now x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th October 2010, 8:24 pm

I'd suggest you choose the surgeon you felt most comfortable with, or maybe have a third consultation just to get a decider on which placement is best for you.

Just to comment on your age and overs - I had my first BA when I was 38, I never experienced any rippling, nor could you see the implant through my skin, but then I did have plenty of breast tissue to cover the implant. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot 16th October 2010, 8:34 pm

Hey Phoebe, they look great! ....can I ask, did you have anatomicals or round?
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 16th October 2010, 8:56 pm

I had round hun
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 16th October 2010, 8:59 pm

And thank you
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 17th October 2010, 2:37 pm

I was told different things by different surgeons one said she preferred to do unders as she thought they gave the best result and would always advise on them irrespective of how much breast tissue you have unless the client worked out alot. The other 2 surgeons I saw said they would always do overs if you had enough breast tissue to cover the implant and wouldn't do unders in this case as why go under the muscle if you don't have to. I wanted overs and as I didn't have a huge implant I think they have given me a natural look x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th October 2010, 3:51 pm

Peachy34 wrote:I was told different things by different surgeons one said she preferred to do unders as she thought they gave the best result and would always advise on them irrespective of how much breast tissue you have unless the client worked out alot. The other 2 surgeons I saw said they would always do overs if you had enough breast tissue to cover the implant and wouldn't do unders in this case as why go under the muscle if you don't have to. I wanted overs and as I didn't have a huge implant I think they have given me a natural look x

I was told the same by my surgon Hun......if you have enough tissue then there is no need to do unders............his personal view was that overs look more natural! shrug

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 17th October 2010, 4:14 pm

Same here. Conflicting truths, huh? As if the decision to get your boobs done wasn't a big enough decision already. My surgeon actually asked me which I preferred. I can choose unders or overs. I said overs but I'm not so sure. You will however lose some volume of the implant if you have unders, I hear tell.
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot 17th October 2010, 4:20 pm

So does one drop more than the other? Will unders stay more 'pert' for longer?
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 17th October 2010, 4:24 pm

I'm not sure because your boobs are going to sag with time anyway I guess with overs you could get the rock in a sock a bit more but with unders the breast can sag over the implant so you could get double bubble. x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot 17th October 2010, 4:38 pm

Erk! It's all so confusing! shrug At least I'm unlikely to get the 'double bubble' as I've hardly got enough to cover it anyway! I'm wondering if the muscle is more likely to keep the implant in place with unders?
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 17th October 2010, 4:43 pm

Hi hun,

As I am having a re-op I would like to ideally change placement to overs and considered having anatomical implants.

I could not however find ANY before and after photos of anatomical overs. I decided to ask our resident sugeon why this was. Take a look at his response [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot 17th October 2010, 5:06 pm

Wow Hattie...that was really useful!...Did you find any good before and after pics of anatomical partials that you could refer me to?
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 17th October 2010, 8:46 pm

I then went onto James' website and found some animation videos which were really helpful, here is the LINK, if you click on the video that says "Breast Lifts", it tells you all about implants (including anatomicals) and placement. (not sure why it's called lifts becausese it's about augmentation too).

You should find some good before and after pictures by googling "Anatomical breast implants before and after pictures" or "teardrop breast implants before and after pictures"

Hope this helps x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down