Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post op pain

+6
kld247
kittie
jay1983
COOKIE
alfie
sarahdawn31
10 posters

Go down

Post op pain Empty Post op pain

Post by sarahdawn31 14th September 2010, 9:49 am

I am having a lollipop lift and ba soon and I am not overly concerned with the post op pain but of course I do wonder whats in store for my recovery.

Of course everyone is different and has a different pain threshhold but I just really seem to see such a BIG difference in how people describe there pain/discomfort. So I am just looking for some opinions from those who are post op from uplift and ba as to the type or feeling of discomfort and level of pain experienced as well as how long on stong pain pills?

some ladies have described it as a more uncomfortable experience kinda like when your milk comes in when breastfeeding others say its the worst pain they have ever felt?!?!

Thanks for any insight shrug
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post op pain Empty Re: Post op pain

Post by alfie 15th September 2010, 5:34 pm

Hiya hun, when I first woke up from my op I was in a great deal of pain, I'm sure they forgot to give me pain killers while I was under. As the evening wore on, pain killers must have kicked in and all I felt then was discomfort rather than pain. It is very similar to the feeling you have when your milk comes in, they feel tight and heavy. I only took paracetamol, I didn't like the strong pain killers they gave me, they made me sick. I used them for a week, if I remember right.
xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th September 2010, 5:43 pm

I found the mornings quite painful, but after the intial boobie rush of 'morning boob' I only suffered discomfort that was manageable with painkillers. Even the pain I experienced wasn't so bad I couldn't cope, it wasn't pleasant LOL but it was manageable.

Like Alfie, the strong painkillers caused sickness for me too and after just three days on those, I'd had enough and had to come off them and on the advice of my clinic took just paracetamol and Ibuprofren. I probably took those for about 2 weeks. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 15th September 2010, 5:56 pm

As I came round after op I remember groaning as I felt like I was really aching. I told nurse who gave me muscle relaxer and painkillers. After that for next two weeks I took painkillers in order to keep pain down. Woke up a few time uncomforable, however, on a whole I was pain free. More achy and restricted in movement. My first half bath a few days after was difficult as I got stuck as couldn't use arms to pull myself out and i was frightened I'd slip! lol. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 15th September 2010, 6:17 pm

hi sarah. i felt more like an elephant had sat on my ribcage, lots of pressure and tenderness. i had my op on saturday and i took paracetamol very regularly until the thursday morning when i decided to take it just as needed and was okay after that. i only took tramadol at night (other than once) and was using that for around 2 weeks post op.

other than morning boob it wasn't too bad and i found morning boob only lasted about 30 mins.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 16th September 2010, 12:25 pm

jay1983 wrote: My first half bath a few days after was difficult as I got stuck as couldn't use arms to pull myself out and i was frightened I'd slip! lol. x

I never thought about that Jay! Guess I better be nice to my OH all these things he is gonna have to help with me with!
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by geordieprincess1985 16th September 2010, 2:15 pm

hey princess
i am one month post op today (happy birthday boobies lol !!)
and this was my second ba
first time i had massive implants (680's)
and i had those replaced with 300ccs and a full anchor uplift
now i have to say i was in more pain with the first op than the second

with the uplift because u see the scars u think you will be in more pain but i have to say it was 6 and 2 3's really , yes i was sore and uncomfortable but nothing i couldnt bare
altho i remeber waking up in recovery and screaming to the nurse
'ohhhh please please nurse help me, help me !!! lol
so she came straight over and gave me a shot of morphine in my leg lol, i had to stay in recovery a little longer because of that
but once i got to my room the pain eased off
and by day three i wasnt taking anything at all not even paracetamol lol
i think everybody is different honey and everyones body reacts to pain in different ways
i think if you just go with it and get thru those first couple of days
u soon forget about all that pain
(bit like when u have a baby lol)
and boob jobs are like havin babys
many women have more than one
so it cant be all that bad :)
good luck xxxxxxxx
geordieprincess1985
geordieprincess1985
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 24th September 2010, 8:34 pm

hey girls, this is something I am worried about too, especially as I have a 1 and 3 year old, when will I be able to pick my 1 year old up? Will it be after 1 week, 2 weeks or longer? This is one of my main worries, yes i will have help but how much help and for how long I'm not really sure about at the moment! xxx
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 25th September 2010, 9:01 am

Lexi27 wrote:hey girls, this is something I am worried about too, especially as I have a 1 and 3 year old, when will I be able to pick my 1 year old up? Will it be after 1 week, 2 weeks or longer? This is one of my main worries, yes i will have help but how much help and for how long I'm not really sure about at the moment! xxx

I have a 4 & 1 yr old and am very concerned about this too... I have help as well but when I went for my final consult the other day as I was signing all the paperwork it was yet again emphasized "no lifting anything heavy for 6 wks including children" when I read that my stomach did flip flops!!!!! I instantly thought what am I doing how can I not pick my bubby up for 6wks!!!!!! I wont b able to put him in and out of his cot!!!
I am still not sure if and when I will b able to pick him up? It does seem on this forum that there are a lot of mommy's with lil ones so hopefully it isnt as bad as we are thinking it may be.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by DL 25th September 2010, 9:56 am

hello I just had my op on Monday 20th September. I did not have the uplift jsut the BA. I agree with some of the others the it is not a pain really that you have more of a ache and discomfort and frustrating because you cant do much,After 2days of the strong painkillers of codeine i had to stop taking them as they were making me feel ill so now just taking Ibru and paracetamol. Morning boob is like a heavy pressure on your chest. Again i got stuck in the bath the other night and it was a bit of a struggle to get out. I have a 5 and 2year old of which my 2year is like tigger she just bounces everywhere so am having to keep my distance a little from her. At the mo my hubby is doing most of the work washing clothes, meals, hoovering etc aswell as putting the kids to bed as i cant lift my 2year old into her cot. Think she will have to go into her bed next week as my hubby goes back to work on Wednesday and he works away. My surgeon said dont pick her up till after 2-3 weeks so maybe if your 1yr old is not that heavy you could pick him/her up after a few weeks. good luck xx
DL
DL
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalie84 29th September 2010, 9:35 pm

and what about driving? How long did it take people to start driving again, my god I'm lost without my car and my kids go mental when they are stuck in the house!! x
Natalie84
Natalie84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by DL 30th September 2010, 9:43 am

hello again
well i had to go back to the hospital on Mnday just gone as having a slight problem with my left boob as is it badly bruised and swollen and kept going going hard like it was having a contraction so i had to go and get it checked out. Should be ok but is taking longer than thought for the recovery thats' all. So getting pain and difficult to move my left arm without discomfort. They said I could not drive for another week and no lifting or housewrok. this is not something i banked on and now my hubby gone back to work I have had to draft my parents in to take the kids for a few days as I could not drive to get my son to school or daughter to nursery etc. Not the best but i had no choice. I am hoping all is well for me to drive by next Monday as will have the kids back by then and of course it is the school runs again. Everyone I have spoke to tho have been able to drive after about 1week, so think I have just been a bit unfortunate. Good luck
DL
DL
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 30th September 2010, 12:00 pm

I suppose it just depends on the individual really, my friend had an uplift and BA and said that she was carrying her son after 1 week but I think I will wait until 2 weeks just to be on the safe side, I would hate to give myself an injury and put back my recovery time! I will have my mam for 2 weeks as my husband isn't able to take time off work when I am looking to get it done, but after that I'll probably be on my own and I'm worrying how much better I will feel by then. I too am lost without being able to jump into the car and drive somewhere, anything for a bit of peace!! xx
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down