Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP Implants support

+3
kay
bblondiiie
RoxyChick
7 posters

Go down

PIP Implants support Empty PIP Implants support

Post by RoxyChick 5th July 2010, 4:46 pm

Please feel free to discuss your progress and support our members here. This is your board.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

PIP Implants support Empty Re: PIP Implants support

Post by bblondiiie 5th July 2010, 8:46 pm

Hi, I have PIP implants, one has ruptured.

After my initial feeling of numb boobs in November 09, I have had an ultrasound and MRI paid for by me, servral meetings with my surgeon and GP, letters to the NHS, local PCT and the cosmetic group where I had my origianl op, I now have a date booked for removal and replacement at a discounted rate of £2500.

My op is due to take place on 25th August, I know I am lucky compared to many stories I have read from other girls as I have not had any leakage and my lymphnodes are OK.

I still don't think any of us should have to pay for this kind of re-op it really isn't as though we have a choice.

Good luck to all of you that have not been so lucky and fingers crossed there will be a successful end to all of this.

Jo x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 5th July 2010, 9:50 pm

That's terrible they want you to pay... at the end of the day it's not your fault theiy supplied you with a shoddy product.

Have you thought about contacting a solicitor?
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 6th July 2010, 9:13 am

I feel for you B xx My friend just discovered she had PIP implants put in in 2004 and is currently awaiting an ultrasound to check for ruptures xx

My friend doesn't know what she is going to do if there isn't a rupture bless her xx she wants them out rupture or no rupture, but if they haven't ruptured then she is going to be in a quandry about whether or not she should risk the surgery again and of course there is the money factor to consider, also she really was contented with her boobies until she found out they were PIPS xx

I really feel for you, I'm glad you have your reop booked hun but sorry you've had to fork out for it xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh6054 6th July 2010, 9:54 am

Hey everyone,
i also had pips which i have now had removed 3 weeks ago, i too had to pay for the replacement of them.

I find the whole situation disgusting, us ladies need and deserve some answers.

I had a very bad ruptured in my left breast, which resulted in me been in surgery for much longer than i should of been, the right breast implant had also ruptured, which when i was scanned it was inconclusive. I would urge all ladies that are querying any rupture to push for an MRI scan as that is the most accurate way of confirming a rupture.. Makes me wonder if all these wonderful companies who were eager to take our money in the first place will be willing to foot the bill for MRI scans for everyone ....cant see it some how can you ??? xx
leigh6054
leigh6054
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 6th July 2010, 12:50 pm

I'm going to be so angry if we don't get any kind of compensation or if no one is held accountable.
Pee's me off no end that these so called health care proffesionals don't give a flying pigs **naughty word**.
I also can't believe how long the MHRA report is taking. Do you think they've found something?
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh6054 6th July 2010, 1:22 pm

I know exactly how you feel, as im feeling just the same hun.

I think if everything was fine we would of been told or a further statement issued, the results from MHRA are now 2 months over due, if everything is fine with no cause for concern - why take so long ?? xx
leigh6054
leigh6054
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 6th July 2010, 8:34 pm

Hi Leigh,

Sorry to hear you had problems with both breast, but at least your sorted now, what kind of implants did they put in this time?

I'm with Transform and they had offered Allergan CUI, but I have asked about different types as on another forum lots of women seem to be going for the Inspira and paying slighty more. When I asked at my last meeting they told me they do three different types but couldn't tell much about them (something to do with weekend staff) and when I asked about any extra cost a different one may incurr I was told it wouldn't cost me any more so just need to chat to my surgeon now.

Will keep you all posted.

Jo x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 7th July 2010, 5:15 pm

im shocked i honestly didnt know transform used pips i went with them but i had CUI IMPLANTS not pips thanks god xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 7th July 2010, 5:17 pm

i really hope you girls get some kind of justice through all this im digusted that transform used these kind of implants i really thought they were better than that i had very good care with them so i cant complain just sorry for all your girls xxxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 7th July 2010, 8:51 pm

Hi Natalia

To be honest the clinic staff have been great and did encourage me to send a letter stating my reason for not having to pay, but unfortunately to no avail.

I am considering legal action but want to get the op done and dusted first. But do need to take additional advice on this matter.

Jo x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 7th July 2010, 10:15 pm

i think they should do them for free do u get aftercare ?when did u get the implants?they know the pips are bad so why should u have to pay!!xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 12th July 2010, 9:17 pm

I had my BA in Aug 05, so out of warranty apparently, mine only came with 3 years my friend had hers done the year before me and got 5 years, makes you wonder when they realised there might have been a problem.
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bellageorge 3rd September 2010, 4:04 pm

Hi
I am booked in for a consultation with Patrick Mallucci from Mybreast on Monday, I had PIPs in in February 2006 and have recently suffered from swelling and pain in both breasts, Im having trouble sleeping too. I had an ultrasound scan on Tuesday but that came back inconclusive, so Im just bot sure what to do next I just wont them out!! I have been in touch with a solicitor who basically told me there really is no one to claim from as Cloverleaf the company that produced the PIP implants is now in liquidation and has no insurance, I have been in touch with HMG but as nearly everyone one of you says they dont want to know if anything they were really quite rude to me!!

So I am now going to see Mr Mallucci on Monday to see what he has to say and to find out what the cost will be, just hoping I can afford to get them replaced, MyBreast have been really helpful and Ive looked into the Nagor implants they use and feel quite confident.

Does anyone have any other advice as what to do or who to see for further advice?

Thanks girls

bellageorge
bellageorge
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 3rd September 2010, 4:16 pm

You could ask for an MRI as your ultrasound was inconclusive and that will show a rupture if there is one. Also there are other solicitors around who are helping us who say we can attempt to make claims from the cosmetic companies on breech of contract and the fact they implanted something different to what was sold to us.
I saw a mybreast surgeon yesterday and was very impressed. Good luck for your consultation and let us know what happens x
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bellageorge 3rd September 2010, 4:21 pm

My Gp wont refer for an MRI scan, I just wont the PIPs out im worried that if they havent already ruptured whats to say they wont in the future, its so difficult to know what to do. I have heard good things about the surgeons at MyBreast and they have been very helpful unlike HMG.

Have you been in touch with a solicitor? If you have or know of any that are taking the case on could you let me know?

Thanks x
bellageorge
bellageorge
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 3rd September 2010, 4:27 pm

Have PM's you hun x
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 7th September 2010, 6:43 pm

Hi Bella george

I have PIPs and Transform have been really helpful with all the PIP concern.

I am slao looking to take some leagl action and will pm you with the details of my solicitor too.

Like Littleone has said an MRI will confirm a rupture, I had an Ultrasound and MRI through Transform, but you have to be prepared to pay the bill.

Good Luck and hope you get sorted soon, I am booked in for 2nd Oct and can't wait because it's difficult sleeping and just want to get back to some normality.

Jo x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down