Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP.

+3
kayla
COOKIE
emma4
7 posters

Go down

OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP. Empty OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP.

Post by emma4 12th April 2010, 6:44 am

Hi there,

Iknow i only had my surgery on saturday but i have constant pain under my arm underneth the side of my sports bra.... its only on my left and its absolute agony everytime i move OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP. Icon_eek .
Can anyone tell me what this is ? i cant move my arm at all because its so painful.
Thankyou XX
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP. Empty Re: OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP.

Post by COOKIE 12th April 2010, 6:55 am

Do you any movement in your arm Emma?

If you can move it but it's painful to move, then you'll be OK hun. You've just had an intrusive surgery which will cause some pain and effect nerves, some effecting your arms too. Give it a couple of days to settle down hun, keep up with the painkillers and you should find it settles. If you're overly concerned at any time hunni, give your clinic a call. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP. Empty Re: OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP.

Post by emma4 12th April 2010, 6:58 am

Hi Cookie

I have movement but i cant move it much as the slightest movement rearly hurts and its a bit like a burning pain, i dont have it in my other arm. OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP. Icon_eek
Will do thanx hun X
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 12th April 2010, 6:59 am

I reckon that its because you had unders and the fact that it is only onone side may just mean that that side just took a little bit more of a hammering (not literally) during insertion of the implant and creation of the pocket.
Also the chest muscle has been cut and this muscle kinda goes up from the rib and breast area and follows the line of the bra up to the shoulder area. Maybe because it's been cut the 'top bit' is a bit stressed and is being stretched and has started to spasm a bit.

Are you taking regular ibuprofen? It can be taken and should be EVERY eight hours as it is then that you get the full anti inflam effect, if taken irregularly then the full anti inflam effect doesn't build up.

Also, have you posted this on the Surgeon James McD's part of the site? Might be worth a try as from experience, if I am medically reassured the pain or problem somehow seems a bit better.

Hugs from me, take it easy babe xx
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 12th April 2010, 7:03 am

Thinking of you Emma xxxx If you feel really worried, phone them up babes xxx hope u OK xx
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by emma4 12th April 2010, 7:05 am

Thanx hun,That all makes sence, i will ask James though :).
When i left the hospital they gave me Tramadol, co-dydramol anit sickness drugs and anti- biotics, do u thing ibuprofen would be better?.

OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP. 683328
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace 12th April 2010, 7:53 am

Hi Emma
Hope you are feeling a bit better today
xxx
Grace
Grace
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 605

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 12th April 2010, 9:15 am

Tramadol isn't a nsaid ( non-steroidal anti inflamatory drug) like ibuprofen is. I would think you'd notice a marked difference with ibprofen.

Just a note I would either take the tramadol and ibuprofen and drop the co-dydramol or take the ibuprofen and co-dydramol ( the second cpmbo would maybe be best and certainly it provided enough pain releif for me post op after my caesareans.

Good luck xx
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 12th April 2010, 9:19 am

also just found this info tramadol and co-codamol can be taken together. tramadol is a morphine salt based drug which acts on the brains pain receptor. co-codamol comes in different strengths, all with 500mg of paracetamol per tablet. some with 8/15/30 or 60mg codiene. co-codamol acts upon the sensory nerves and motor neurons. when combined these 2 drugs provide very effective relief of moderate to severe pain. they are safe to take together and will not cause any severe harm as long as the dose and intervals are monitored. most common side-effects are nausea, tiredness and fatigue, also light headedness and 'spaced out' feeling.

hope this helps
the above was from a medical nurse. xx
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 12th April 2010, 9:24 am

forgot to say that becsuse of the sensjory nerve action of the co-codamol (very similar to co-dydramol)it may be the better choice, though tramadol is for mod to severe pain and co-codamol is for mild to moderate pain0, I think it seems more suited to the pain type after BA
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 12th April 2010, 5:59 pm

I was uncomfotable due to swelling under my arms, I didn't have unders so this may be why it's a little more uncomfortable for you. Maybe an ice pack would help? I would take you pain meds as often as you can, I hope you feel better soon. It will all be worth it OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP. 184153

Last edited by misf1 on 12th April 2010, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 12th April 2010, 6:10 pm

I agree with misf1, just take your pain meds regularly and i'm sure it will ease off soon. If you do get overly concerned and need reassurance from your clinic, I would just ring them hun.

Hope you feel better soon emma OHH the pain under my arm..... HELP. 571992 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down