Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in pain :(

+12
misty23
Specialkj
Princessjo30
Jacqui1234
vanessabmth1
jakki32
mirren001
COOKIE
Sam5886
Charlii
Gz123
jodioc77
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

in pain :( Empty in pain :(

Post by jodioc77 9th August 2013, 7:06 am

Hi girls

I am not sure if this is considered day 2 or day 3 for me, surgery was Wednesday morning. I had unders, most of the posts I read about these say that it's really not that bad, more discomfort,  but I am Very Sore!

I was actually in a lot of pain for first 6 hours post surgery, codeine and paracetamol didn't touch the sides they had to give me oromorph which is an opiate. That helped a lot and yesterday I felt fine to go home just like had a heavy chest work out.

Last night was pretty uncomfortable,  I managed a few hours seep at a time. They only have me paracetamol and codeine to take home but I helped myself to some ibuprofen we had bin the cupboard at 5am as I feel it's swelling nd inflammation that needs reducing. Soooo tight and Swollen! 

I know everyone's pain levels are different but really I have a high pain Threshold! I pushed out two 9lb babies at home with no pain relief and can honestly say it didn't Hurt!
Has anyone else felt this painful?  Also I notice a lot if girls have anti biopics, I was not given any, should I have as a prevention to infection?

I have no redness in the breast or anything so don't suspect infection, I am just very swollen and tight

any help/reassurance this is normal appreciated. Just keep hearing everyone say really its not that Bad!

xx

Thanks
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

in pain :( Empty Re: in pain :(

Post by Gz123 9th August 2013, 7:10 am

I had my op a week before you and wasn't given any antibiotics either.... Not sure
If this is right or wrong? 
Im not an expert as just a week on from you but the pain does get much better hun. I'm still in a little pain now but it gets more manageable as the days go on xx
Gz123
Gz123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 9th August 2013, 7:19 am

Oh Jodioc, sorry to hear you're suffering. As always, its surgeon to surgeon with the antibiotics. Just keep them clean and dry and you should be fine. You're normally told to stay away from the ibruprofen as its a blood thinner, so can hinder healing, but if its the only thing helping with the pain...try taking a 400mg every 8hrs and take the codeine/paracetamol inbetween maybe?

Also, do you have ice packs, as a lot of the girls swear by these to help ease the pain. Just lay them across the top of your chest. It'll feel heavy and tender, but should help to ease it.

Most of all take it easy! The soreness does go away eventually. Just remember why we're doing this! Big hugs group hug
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam5886 9th August 2013, 7:23 am

Hi hon.  I am two weeks post op with unders.  

I have to admit that day 3 was particularly crappy for me - as in feeling like I'd been kicked in the chest by a cart horse - which left me feeling very low. 

I was given ibruprofen by the hospital (for the swelling) and was told to take my own paracetamol in between if I needed it.

If you feel you need the extra pain relief, then just take it.  It will get better i promise you - I just think at this stage the ends of the GA and other drugs they gave you during the op are leaving your system. 

((Hugs)). Sam xx
Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2013, 8:07 am

You really shouldn't be taking ibuprofen unless actually prescribed to you Jodi. This thins the blood hun and encourage bleeding. So don't take a more babe. If the paracetamol and codeine aren't helping Icepacks will are going to help you feel better.  If you've no ice packs at home the frozen peas/corn/rice anything like that placed over the tops of your boobs is great. 

Everyone will have had anti-bs hun. Some surgeons give them in you IV during surgery, others will have them in tablet form after surgery, so don't worry hun, you'll have had yours in your IV. We ALL do get them. 

You're day 2 right now babe. Day 2/3 are the worst so it's going to get better from here. No matter how sore you might feel do get yourself up and have a little walk about every couple of hours or so. This is so important to help reduce the swelling. The worst thing you can do for yourself Jodi is to stay in bed all day hun. The sooner you're up and about the better you're going to feel hun. 

We're here if you need us sweetheart. Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 9th August 2013, 8:15 am

Sorry to hear your feeling crap! The 1st weeks the worst once you get through that you'll be amazed at how much better you start to feel each day I promise! So hang on in there huni XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 9th August 2013, 8:21 am

Thanks girls. I have been getting up and about since yesterday and do feel better now than I did when I wrote the post so maybe bi gad what I hear you all call morning boob?!

won't take any more ibuprofen. Have been using gel packs they help although could do with them in 24/7 lol

xx
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2013, 8:37 am

Awww yes, this is the dreaded morning boob hun. It does get better though Jodi and as you've found. Being up and about helps lots. Don't overdo it though. 

Do take it easy and listen to your body babe. You're going to be very tired over this next week or so, so do rest when you feel you need to. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 9th August 2013, 8:40 am

thanks cookie :)

on the plus side i think they look great already - can't actually believe how natural they look so early on.  he did a great job :)
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2013, 8:42 am

So happy for you Jodi. You enjoy them babe. yahoo
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 9th August 2013, 9:33 am

Day 2/3 are the worst days. Your tired, uncomfortable etc, I guess I say it's not that bad, because its like having a baby in a way, you have the end result and the pain becomes a distant memory !!! I was certainly incapacitated for a while, drained and tired. Everyone will have suffered different trauma to the breasts. You have had a big surgery, and it's going to take time. Take it as a plus, some women who glide through end up doing too much too early, this is your bodies way of telling you, I have been through it, rest up x great that they look really good xxx best wishes with your recovery xxxxx
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 9th August 2013, 9:38 am

thanks jakki32 :)  i certainly would be someone prone to crack on with things, and this has knocked me for 6 and taken me by surprise so i certainly will be taking it easy!

xx
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessabmth1 9th August 2013, 10:35 am

Hi Jodi,
Great to hear you're feeling better, I also had my surgery Wednesday at midday. So I guess we're at day 2 today.
I had 450 overs med prof. I'm also very sore but I find the pain manageable and it's probably thanks to the meds.
One thing I read a lot that worries me a bit is The fact that many said that Ibuprofen shouldn't be taken but this is what I've been prescribed to take 3 times per day for the first 3 days alongside my paracetamol  shrug
vanessabmth1
vanessabmth1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2013, 10:54 am

Don't worry about it Vanessa if 'you've been prescribed' Ibruprofen. Your surgeon must feel your recovery will benefit from having this.

For those that weren't prescribed ibuprofen, should they have a bleed, they could possibly make their aftercare void by NOT following the post-op care provided by their surgeon.

Ibruprofen IS prescribed as part of YOUR post-op care. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessabmth1 9th August 2013, 1:05 pm

Thanks Cookie. I was starting to worry a little.
vanessabmth1
vanessabmth1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 9th August 2013, 3:46 pm

I ended up going back to the hospital today as painkillers just not helping, they have now prescribed me ibuprofen and tramadol. Jeeze four types of pain killers I will be spaced for sure
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2013, 3:53 pm

Hope this helps ease things for you Jodi Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam5886 9th August 2013, 4:30 pm

Aww Jodi, I hope the new meds help .... even if they make you sleep, that can only be a good thing.

Sam xx
Sam5886
Sam5886
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqui1234 9th August 2013, 4:31 pm

Sorry to her your in pain hun hope that helps to ease up the pain x
Jacqui1234
Jacqui1234
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 9th August 2013, 5:47 pm

Hug  sorry your in pain, I found day 2 and 3 the worst too, I promise as soon as you hit day 4 it's onwards and upwards everyday. You probably can't see it now but you will be so much more comfortable in a few days xx

Glad your happy with the boobies though xx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessabmth1 9th August 2013, 6:14 pm

Keep the final picture in mind. I'm sure it will only get better!
Hope the new meds will help with the pain.
Xx
vanessabmth1
vanessabmth1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 9th August 2013, 6:21 pm

Hi Jodi, I'm so sorry the pain been so awful for u, I hope the new meds make things easier. It's funny how different we all are as I was dreading day 3 and this wasn't the worst day for me, mine was day 7! I totally over did things day 6. But anyway I am thinking this is prob what u needed as u could have rushed back to things too quick and now u know u gotta take at least couple of weeks of taking it really easy.

I was given no antibiotics but there was talk of it so I must have had IV too, also got given ibuprofen to take! I have had my first day of just one lot of paracetomol so taken a lot longer than some ppl.

I really hope the pain eases quickly but on the plus soooo glad u lovin ur new additions already!!! Woop woop!!! It will all be worth it!!

I'm craving a night out big time! Xxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 9th August 2013, 7:43 pm

thanks girls :) after the tramadol I had a great sleep but I did find it quite scary how wasted it made me so will take it only when necessary. Just taken ibuprofen then will get back on the paracetamol and codein later. My tummy is HUGE! started a picture trail if u want a peek let me know xx
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misty23 9th August 2013, 10:03 pm

Hope you feel better soon jodi. It's great you're happy with the new arrivals! Would love a peek at your pic trail x
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 522

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 9th August 2013, 10:11 pm

Pm'd you misty x
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict