Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?? How long do you have to.....

+4
katie
Rachel09
MarieMc85
CherryCheesecake
8 posters

Go down

?? How long do you have to..... Empty ?? How long do you have to.....

Post by CherryCheesecake 14th October 2009, 9:31 am

....Realistically wear your support bra?

OK so i know the basics. 6-12 weeks imperative while you're in recovery and then after healing you can wear some sexier stuff. But what I actually want to know is, after you have had a full anchor lift with implants, can you go braless at all? Its just that I have heard that a lot of women choose to (or are advised to) wear their SB always over night for the next 6 months, year or even for the ever after? Am I right or is eternity an exaggeration?

I would imagine that I can go without a bra, after say, 3 months recovery on the one off night out that may require a backless, strapless or generally bra opposing dress. But are we allowed to go back to sleeping completely naked ever again after such an operation or do us anchor women rely on the big bra to keep our new additions in top condition? My OH is very interested to know the answer to this too! lol!

Seems a bit annoying if this is the case- going without is one of the reasons i did it all in the first place!

Any ideas?

X X X
CherryCheesecake
CherryCheesecake
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

?? How long do you have to..... Empty Re: ?? How long do you have to.....

Post by MarieMc85 14th October 2009, 10:31 am

Hi,

I haven't had an uplift so can't help you there, but I don't think you would have to wear the support bra in bed for all of eternity!

I wore my sports bra day and night for 6 weeks as recommended but then whipped it off at night asap. I hate wearing a bra to bed!

I know that some ladies like to wear them to bed as they give a feeling of support, but I think it's down to personal preference.

Oh and I'm sure you will be able to go out braless from time to time. I don't think going out without a bra all the time is advisable as it can cause sagging etc but every now and then, I would think, should be fine.

I would ask your surgeon to see what they recommend.

Marie

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 14th October 2009, 10:39 am

I think it depends on your surgeon hun. I was told to take my sports bra off for short periods (daytime) in the 6 weeks after having it done, but I know others who werent.

Once I got past 6 weeks though he told me I didn't have to wear the sports bra for bed anymore.

x
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 16th October 2009, 8:20 pm

like the other girls I am still wearing mine at night 6 weeks po, and during normal day, and soft support prettier ones if we go out at mo.. in a few months time I think mine will be ok to go bra less,, I am sure you won't have to wear a sb forever hun ?? How long do you have to..... Icon_smile I tend to go with how mine feel, if they are bit achey then I strap em down again! if they feel great they get some 'free-time' ! ?? How long do you have to..... 557141 my surgeon only wants to see me again if I get any concerns, otherwise he reckons to just look after them sensible for next 6 months and should be plain sailing there on in.. xx (sorry I don't know about the anchor lift)
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 16th October 2009, 9:15 pm

I havent had an uplift hun but im sure you will be able to go out braless after your recovery. I wore my sports bra for 6 weeks and still wore it on a night time for 4 months! Its suprising how you just get used to putting it on and its kind of like a comfort! lol

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade 16th October 2009, 9:18 pm

I always wear a bra in bed- I dont sleep properly without!

As far as I was aware it was support bra's for 6 weeks and as little underwiring as possible for the first 6 month. This is going to be one of those grey areas I am going to have to remember to ask about!
Jade
Jade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Post by ellie 17th October 2009, 11:37 am

My surgeon told me to only wear sports bra in day not at night & also if I went on a night out that it wouldnt hurt to wear a strapless dress & go bra-less, which I have done on a couple of occassions although I did wear a bandeua bra one night as it was cold !! im 4 wks now & all is healing well.x
ellie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by ellie 17th October 2009, 11:38 am

My surgeon told me to only wear sports bra in day not at night & also if I went on a night out that it wouldnt hurt to wear a strapless dress & go bra-less, which I have done on a couple of occassions although I did wear a bandeua bra one night as it was cold !! im 4 wks now & all is healing well.x
ellie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ellie 17th October 2009, 11:38 am

ellie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 17th October 2009, 12:18 pm

cakey_baby wrote:I havent had an uplift hun but im sure you will be able to go out braless after your recovery. I wore my sports bra for 6 weeks and still wore it on a night time for 4 months! Its suprising how you just get used to putting it on and its kind of like a comfort! lol

x x x

I agree with cakey! I still wear my sports bra day and night now. It's comfortable, I'm not looking to impress anyone and feel safer in it at night.

I do wear underwired bras when I go out and go bra less when I stay with my bf (he hates the sight of sports bras)

I think having a few days once all healed in the sports bra will do the world of good. Don't want any sagging do we!!
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down