Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long before you are out and about after op?

+7
kittie
minxie
melloumaw
jay1983
ceejay
suz0410
Peachy34
11 posters

Go down

How long before you are out and about after op? Empty How long before you are out and about after op?

Post by Peachy34 29th August 2010, 7:18 pm

So I'm having my op on Tuesday because I've got nothing on this week and its just been sprung on me that some family members from out of the country are coming on Saturday. I will be expected to show my face and as no-one knows abut my BA I have no excuse if I say I am unwell then I will have the out of towners calling round to see me anyway at some point.

So my question is this what were you ladies like 4 days post op, were you out and about by then or will it be obvious there is something wrong with me and am I better off faking some contagious disease to keep them away.

Any thoughts? xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

How long before you are out and about after op? Empty Re: How long before you are out and about after op?

Post by suz0410 29th August 2010, 7:28 pm

Hi Peachy

Well as you will know everyone is different. I have been really tired, yesterday (day 6) I went shopping with my Hubby and 2 kids, I was fine but totally knackered after so slept for 3 hours when I got home!

We had my mother in law round on Friday night, no one noticed or at least they didn't say anything but I think she did think it was odd I wasn't picking up the youngest (5 Months)

XXX
suz0410
suz0410
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

How long before you are out and about after op? Empty Re: How long before you are out and about after op?

Post by ceejay 29th August 2010, 7:41 pm

Hi Peachy

I was up and about the next day - though very sore.

To be honest my life has remained pretty much the same - single mum too so alone with the kids.

Everyone is different and it all depends how your body reacts to the surgery as well.

Sure you will be ok - maybe a little stiff/restricted.

Good luck for tuesday - hope your happy with your new boobs!

CeeJay
ceejay
ceejay
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 29th August 2010, 7:52 pm

Thanks Suz & Ceejay. I know everyones different but I just was looking for a rough guide as to how mobile I will be. I can probably fob them off for a day or 2 if I say I have a tummy bug lol as nobody wants to catch that.

I will be looking after my 7 month aswell as I can't have someone with me all the time and OH couldn't get all week off work just 2 days with it being peak holiday time and I didn't book my BA until August so he didn't get much advance warning. My Mum will help out a bit and she is the only other person who knows but she can't be here 24/7 as she has work too the bonus is my OH will be on nightshift this week and will be at home during the day if I get stuck and Mum will pop round in evening when she finishes work.

I suppose I could say I've hurt my back if I don't look clever that will also explain why I'm not picking the baby up aswell.

xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 29th August 2010, 8:06 pm

I'm 5 days post op today and was wiped out all day yesterday. Been to a baby's first birthday today and I couldn't lift her or hug her. She was a sweetie and leant against my leg for hug. If you don't feel up to going or don't want to go...you may just have to cry off with sickness! xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 29th August 2010, 8:46 pm

i still hunched a little until a week post op.i think it was either tight chest skin drawing my shoulders forwards,or a protective position,but i was driving and doing normal stuff at 3 days.if needs be tell em you've pulled your back hence the hunching
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by minxie 29th August 2010, 9:18 pm

yeh I agree - if you say it's a back prob I think you'll get away with it.
Mx
minxie
minxie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 29th August 2010, 9:37 pm

i was up and about by then and was dropping my little one for her first day at school on day 5. the back idea is a great one to explain the hunching.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 29th August 2010, 9:46 pm

Thanks ladies reassuring as ever. I would feel guilty crying off totally after them coming all this way it would b rude. But I didn't fancy being gossipped about either if it was obvious what was wrong with me. I think I will go with the back problem that way if I don't feel up to it them I can say I've just hurt it and am laid up in bed for the first day or so that they are here and then say I've started to feel a little better after a couple of days, explains not holding the baby aswell

xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mellie76 29th August 2010, 9:48 pm

yeah, i have been like ceejay really. i just carried on the same (although obviously no lifting of heavy stuff). i was up and about an hour post-op, and felt just fine. i was driving 4 days post-op, doing my usual stuff. the only thing i found difficult for the fist 3 mornings, was getting out of bed. lol!
but like ceejay says, it all depends on the individual, some girls get off alot more lightly than others. i had small implants, so that probably helped me recover really quickly. i have been sooooo lucky and haven't had any pain.
i'm sure you'll feel fine 4 days post-op to see your family.
all the very best for tuesday x x x x
mellie76
mellie76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by suz0410 29th August 2010, 9:49 pm

Good plan Peachy

You'll probably find your fine, especially if you keep on top of pain relief.

We also told my 3 year old I had fallen over and hurt myself which is why I couldn't carry her around - she tells everyone everything so didn't fancy her telling the world Mummy has had a boob job! Lol.

x x
suz0410
suz0410
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 29th August 2010, 9:54 pm

Thanks Mellie I can't believe its nearly here.

Know what you mean Suz my kids are just the same I would be the talk of the street and the playground before I know it. Now just to keep them out of the bathroom when I'm in and get a minutes privacy when I'm getting changed and I might just get away with it lol x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ceejay 30th August 2010, 6:46 am

I think you will be surprised by how mobile you will be....pain killers help obviously!

I think it's all precaution - they want to give you a longer recovery period to cover their backs and they work on worse case scenario.

I doubt there are many people who couldnt do anything for 2 weeks or any exercise for 6 weeks.

Are wishing away today???? Good luck tomorrow!

xx
ceejay
ceejay
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 30th August 2010, 7:48 am

Hey Peachy,

I think I've been relatively good -- not as great a recovery as Ceejay or Mellie unfortunately but still pretty good. I had my op on a Thurs and for me my worse day was the Sat -- after that things have come on in leaps in bounds -- especially after my post op which took place last Thursday and I had my compression strap off.

I feel so much better with that thing off !! I think had I not had my compression strap on I would have been more up and with it quicker but I just felt so very restricted with that on, I couldn't do anything (well that's what it felt like for me).

With regards to people noticing, to be honest no one really has. Because I wore VERY padded bra's before i'm not that much different in size from them (well in my clothes anyway!).

I'm sure you'll be fine for your family on Saturday. Good luck for tomorrow and I hope all goes well. I'll be thinking of you!! Give You
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylou 30th August 2010, 1:00 pm

Hiya,

I had my op on a tuesday and on Saturday night my dh took me out for dinner. I felt good and was not in pain, just a bit uncomfortable.
I haven't told any of my family and none of them have noticed. Luckily my family aren't the hugging type or that would have been difficult! Good luck tomorrow xxx
Daisylou
Daisylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 30th August 2010, 4:33 pm

Cheers ladies thanks for your replies this time tomorrow I will know what you are all talking about and will have joined the big booby club lol xxxxx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay77 31st August 2010, 4:40 pm

Maybe I'm a wimp but I spent nearly a whole week in bed..... I haven't got any children so luckily I was able to hide away and eat sweets, watch telly and make phone calls to friends when I felt down, (I had post op blues too).
I popped out to BF house on day 3 but I was very 'spaced out'. I was still taking an awful amount of pain killers for the first week as the pain and swelling was very bad. I'm now 22days post op and still suffer the next day if I have a busy time. I looked after my friends kids for the day on Friday and I was in bed all day on Saturday in pain...Not really looking forward to starting back at school tomorrow. Everyone recovers at different rates so if you're not in too much pain then go for it hon. I was in agony for over two weeks to be honest, getting better now though and it's sooooooooo worth it. I love having boobs! Cheerleader
jayjay77
jayjay77
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down