Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long are you under GA when having BA

+5
Starz-10
mizzpink23
COOKIE
natalia
rk19
9 posters

Go down

How long are you under GA when having BA Empty How long are you under GA when having BA

Post by rk19 11th May 2010, 12:50 pm

Sorry for alot of questions today...

one thing im quite worried about is after effects of GA, ive been under it for a minor procedure before, but think it didnt take longer than 30mins, if that.

How long are you under GA for a BA? Are the after effects worse depending on how long you are under it? I wasnt sick after GA the time i was under it in past. But it wasnt an operation that involved cutting me anywhere, so no scars.

thanks girls xx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

How long are you under GA when having BA Empty Re: How long are you under GA when having BA

Post by natalia 11th May 2010, 12:51 pm

i really dont know but they did give me sumthing for the sickness b4 they put me under and i was fine when i came round just abit cold and ligheaded i cant tell u how long as was under probaply just under a hour i dont rem much x
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

How long are you under GA when having BA Empty Re: How long are you under GA when having BA

Post by COOKIE 11th May 2010, 12:55 pm

For a BA with no complications you're normally under for about 45 minutes to an hour, it's a relatively quick op hun, I can't say whether or not you'll feel sick after as everyone is different, but you will be given anti-sickness medication to help with the nausea if you are sick babe. xxx

Last edited by cookie on 11th May 2010, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 11th May 2010, 12:58 pm

hi ya, i had a minor op before my ba aswell which only lasted for half hour, so i woke up feeling fine n was allowed straight home after id eaten, when i had my ba, i went down at 10.30am and was back in my room by 12.30pm, my op took abit longer but im gathering its coz i had unders?? i woke up feeling abit drowsy and very dizzy and lightheaded, i couldnt go toilet without a nurse holding me, but that only lasted a few hours xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 11th May 2010, 12:59 pm

I was told my op will take just over an hour for partial unders. I think they keep you in recovery until most of the effects from the GA have worn off, I'm not sure though.
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 11th May 2010, 2:41 pm

Hmm, as long as im not completely out of it and can come home the same day should be ok. I was hoping i wouldnt feel sick with this op as i havent been sick before. Do you need to ask them for sickness medicine before the GA is given to you to prevent you being sick after?

Thanks sooooo much to all you lovely ladies - you all are very helpful. Appreciate your help. xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 11th May 2010, 2:44 pm

they ask u if u get sick with a ga if u say yes they should give u sumthing to help stop this
xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 11th May 2010, 2:51 pm

Oh right ok - guess i wont say that then as i was ok last time. Hope the GA person is nice, as im a little baby when it comes to needles! xx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 11th May 2010, 3:28 pm

me to im terrified of needles
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 11th May 2010, 4:21 pm

I was under for about 40 minutes in total. I was however very sick afterwards and the next day and for about 7 days after that How long are you under GA when having BA Icon_pale

I was unlucky as I didn't agree with the GA or the meds so was pretty poorly post op. As I had a GA a few years ago and was fine, I didn't ask for any anti-sickess meds until it was too late! I would ask for anti sickness meds if your worried hun.

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th May 2010, 5:09 pm

rk19 wrote:Do you need to ask them for sickness medicine before the GA is given to you to prevent you being sick after?

You'll be asked if you've previously had any side effects from GA before, I didn't, but after waking from my last surgery I was sick.

It's unfortunately just something that does sometimes happen and a small price to pay for your lovely new boobies! xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rk19 11th May 2010, 5:13 pm

Funkygirl - sorry to hear you got poorly after your BA hun. Im dreading that - and knowing my luck i will!

Can i just ask for anti sickness medicine anyway so i dont risk being sick after? Or would that be harmful?? xxx
rk19
rk19
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th May 2010, 7:24 pm

They give you anti sickness in with the cocktail of other drugs but if you were sick before they will give you more. If you are still sick after they can give you more anti sickness through the canula in your hand.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 11th May 2010, 7:32 pm

They told me I was under for about 50 mins. I was not sick at all I felt fine when i came round x
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 11th May 2010, 7:39 pm

I;m not really sure how long I was under for, I remember that when I came round I told them I was feeling sick and they gave me anti-sickness drugs through my canula, then I fell back to sleep !! x
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down