Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second consulation...Unsure !

+7
anneritchley
kay-uk
Macromilly
Charlii
emilysarahdodds
Twinky
MrsF
11 posters

Go down

Second consulation...Unsure ! Empty Second consulation...Unsure !

Post by MrsF 30th September 2015, 8:42 am

Hello girlies !

So yesterday I saw a second surgeon: Dr Garrick. I dont know why I had high expectations about him and was a bit disappointed. 

As a doctor he was very thorough, seems to know what he was doing. His advice deferred from the first surgeon I saw which is a bit annoying, I feel like now I need to see a 3rd person to get the confirmation that one of them was right. Although his suggestion of 315cc sub facial anatomical seemed better suited for me than the 375cc overs the other surgeon was talking about. So as a doctor he covered a lot and was able to answer my questions.

As a person... I found him quite arrogant. A couple of times during the consultation I felt like an idiot and at one point I felt like him and the nurse were mocking me?
I had quite a few questions -obviously- and he seemed annoyed each time I asked something. I understand he had a lot to cover and being interrupted every 2 seconds is annoying but thats not what i was doing.
He pointed out I had done 'too much' research and all the knowledge I had was creating more anxiety for me than anything else. Ok.. Again i see his point but you can't really fault me for doing the research.

I was hesitating between 315cc and 345cc. The difference was in width of the implant and not in volume. I liked the idea of a wider implant and was wondering if he could show me a picture of what a 345 would look on me compared to a 315. He flat out said no, said every patient is different nothing he has will ever match me. Again obviously we are all different, but surely he can guide me?? he kept saying 345 will give you more UMPF. Im not getting operated based on UMPF, I need something more concrete, your vision of Umpf might not be mine I mean come on thats ridiculous !! I wanted to say that but he looked so annoyed with me...

Im a bit upset about it all to be honest. My husband, I love him, but he is a man so can't help now being fed up with it all and is of the opinion 'if he is a good surgeon thats all that matters, he isn't there to be your friend but to do your boobs so just crack on'... Great advice thanks. So I dont feel like I have any support now, He thinks Im being a princess by wanting the perfect surgeon (!). Dr Garrick seemed like a great doctor and has great review but he made me feel so uncomfortable nope

Back to square 0 now...
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Second consulation...Unsure ! Empty Re: Second consulation...Unsure !

Post by Twinky 30th September 2015, 9:08 am

I would say its clear you didn't gel with him AT ALL, so don't put your trust in him. Being made to feel like you have over-done the research is nuts! That's just the world today I'm afraid. And this is a massive thing!

If you preffered the first surgeon, go back to him and have a more in depth consult maybe, or ask him the questions and try loads of sizers on?

Just be sure to take all your pictures with you of boobs you like, as I think this is a good guide.

And yep, my hubby was the same...boobs are boobs! Untill I tried the 400 on and he was like 'NO WAY! TOO BIG!!!
(Why did I listen? Most days I wish I would of gone with the 400!)
 I would say take either your mum/sis or close friend with you for advice. Men are useless at these things!!!

Chin up, this is all part of the journey.
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 30th September 2015, 9:13 am

Babe, you CANNOT go with a surgeon you feel uncomfortable with at all!! So you're not being a princess at all, I would be exactly the same (and my boyfriend would also be saying the same to me as your husband is to you - MEN!!)

I would say go for a 3rd consultation, I know it's a pain and you feel like you are back to square one, but when you find the right surgeon you will just know and everything will fit into place - he will be happy to answer your questions and you'll feel completely at ease. Keep searching and try not to feel too deflated about everything!
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsF 30th September 2015, 9:15 am

First surgeon wasn't good. He was such a lovely man but no he was wrong on so many levels..He said stuff I knew for a fact were wrong.

I brought about 30 picture of boobs to show him and he said to me "what do you want me to do with your 2000 pictures??" Errr ... I felt like he hated me! He said go home pick one and come back. Ok I get his point but all my wish boobs are very similar it was to give him an idea. Im trying to find THE perfect boobs now in case another surgeon has a go at me. My google search history is scary !

Anyway.. Thanks Twinky Im glad someone else thinks he was being a bit rude, my husband made me feel like I was being so dramatic for no reason.
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsF 30th September 2015, 9:20 am

Thanks Emily, good to know your bf is like my husband! Will keep searching...xxxxx
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 30th September 2015, 9:20 am

I really don't know where these surgeons get off. There is no such thing as too much research! What do they want, a bunch of ditzes walking in saying 'boobs please', and they using them as a dolly? And to say that, and contradict himself by talking down to you when you did ask questions? No, steer clear, it's not about whether he's a good surgeon, it's about whether he's a good surgeon FOR YOU. If he didn't listen, made you feel small, and isn't interested in doing what's best for you, steer clear. 

Definitely go for a 3rd consult. H3ll, go for 4 and 5 and 6 if necessary. Keep looking until you find someone you gel with that is going to give you the boobs you want. Never settle.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 30th September 2015, 10:13 am

I’m actually having my BA with Garrick and I know what you mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - he can be quite matter of fact. Personally I don’t mind that. I like his directness. He’s a surgeon after all not a hairdresser (sorry, I probably sound a bit like your husband). Anyway, thinking back to my first consultation, he was polite and he answered my questions, but he wasn’t the warmest. Now that I’ve met him 3 times I feel really comfortable. Most importantly I’m absolutely confident in him. I guess we’re all looking for something different and you should definitely go with your gut feeling. I have to say that I’m happy to see a touch of arrogance in my surgeon – but that’s just me. Come to think of it, my hairdresser is a bit cocky too!! Deep breath…..I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for J
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsF 30th September 2015, 10:18 am

Hi J! I was hoping someone who had him was going to comment and share their experience. Thats the thing on the other hand maybe he gets to see tons of girls on consultations and you need to see him a few more times for him to be warmer. I did wonder about that..

But then I think at how he mocked my boob folder and made me feel like an utter idiot..When is your BA?

What size are you looking at? x
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 30th September 2015, 10:58 am

From the consultations that I’ve had with him, I feel sure that he appreciates what an emotional journey this can be, so I’m sure that he would not have wanted you to feel small. I think we need to understand that we (the surgeon and us) are coming at this from two completely different places. We are all emotion. All about how we feel and what we want our ideal boobs look and feel like. He on the other hand is focused the technicalities of the job - what is safe and achievable whilst managing our expectations. Just my thoughts….

I’m not sure when my BA is going to be rescheduled. I’m waiting to see when Silimed are going to be re-approved for use in the UK. I hope it’s not too long. I want my furries!! I’m having 295cc…….hopefully.

PS – the J was supposed to be a smiley face  Smike
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsF 30th September 2015, 11:31 am

haha ok  will stick to macromilly sorry ! 

I have just had a long chat about it with my mum and I think you have hit the nail on the head. We approach the same thing from 2 completely different angles. I still think he could have been a tad less patronising..But its true just standing there topless for 5 minutes when he was measuring did put me on edge !

Im going to take a few days to digest all this and see if I go back for a 2nd consultation with my husband.
He didn't say anything bout the Silimed not being approved anymore, he seemed to say they were the best and would be fine for whenever I wanted?

Thanks for your advice, this forum is just brilliant X
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay-uk 30th September 2015, 12:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is right, the PS is looking at it from a technicality point-of-view when for us its very emotionally charged.

It's still important that you feel comfortable with the PS and that you're on the same page. You don't have to be best friends but if there are any problems, you need to feel that they'll step up and manage them well.

Having a second consultation is a good idea as this time you both will have relaxed a bit and perhaps will come from things at a slightly different angle. There's also no shame in meeting a third surgeon, especially when you've had conflicting opinions! This is a big, life-long commitment so worth spending time over!
kay-uk
kay-uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 30th September 2015, 1:15 pm

Hi I went to the Sloane in beckanham , it's bmi and saw ragoowansi. I found him to be excellent. He listened to what I wanted but told me what was realistic. But at the same time took my thoughts on board. I took 3 pictures in, maybe  try bmi for a consult. They are BAAPS and good surgeons in my opinion on all levels. I hope you get sorted soon. Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 30th September 2015, 3:27 pm

Ahh I wish you could go and see my surgeon, I'm sure you would love her! I have 315 and you seem a similar shape and frame to me. 345 was the next size up in my type of implant, and thats the size I kinda keep going back and thinking I wish I'd have had. That said, what one cc looks like on one woman will look completely different on the next, so when you can deff try rice sizers.

I see your husbands point of 'a surgeon is just there to be a surgeon', and he's obviously very good as he's got a great rep. But it makes SUCH a difference having someone you gel with. Honestly, there is no rush as this is such a huge decision, so I would try and go on a few more consults if you can. It sucks because it's not cheap to see some of these surgeons and it costs you each time.

My advice is try and see at least one more person, and if it's at all possible try and see my surgeon! I really think you'll love her, we've been offered pretty much identical sizes, have similar frames, plus I've never met anyone who sat and listened so patiently and showed such care and honesty as she did. 

Good luck hun, stay focused and forget about Mr arrogant for a bit! xx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 30th September 2015, 3:33 pm

I ment to say on my previous post that this is why it's important to go for consultations with different surgeons. When you find the right one for you will be very happy. You are being really sensible and not jumping into anything. Congratulations for that!! And doing your research is brilliant. One of the best things you can do. Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 30th September 2015, 3:51 pm

Actually [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if I hadn't decided to go with Mr G I would have gone to see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s surgeon Mrs Kat. She has a great reputation, she uses the same / similar implants and blush's boobs are gorgeous x.
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsF 1st October 2015, 10:06 am

Ahh Macro I wish I could go and see Mrs Kat but Birmingham is a tad too far for me. Each time I go to a consult my husband has to work from home (which he hates) and then if he were to come to a consult with me there it would require us finding childcare for a whole day which is really tricky for us as our family lives 100 of miles away!
I need to find someone closer unfortunately :( Its annoying as she sounds amazing..

Im taking a break in my research the next few days, my husbands reaction and the 2nd consultation really **naughty word** me off, I can't shake it! Maybe Im in the cooling off period everyone recommends and I dont know it haha !

Anyway thank you all for your advice and support, Ill update you on my next move ! Have a lovely day XXXXXXXXX
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 1st October 2015, 5:40 pm

Hello lovely,

Ah thats a tough one but I would never have gone with a surgeon that makes me feel small.  You are local to me aren't you?  I would see if you can get an appointment with Haresh Devalia at The Spire TW.  He was so lovely and it was a close call as to whether to go with him but I went with Marc Pacifico in the end as I had a direct recomendation from a friend.  Mr Devalia was so caring and not patronising at all.  Listened to all my questions... still wonder if I should have chosen him!  But if you can bear to pay the £150 consultation fee Mr Pacifico is lovely - he has an amazing reputation, massively experienced and is caring and makes you feel like no question is too silly.  He's rather busy tho - it took me 8 weeks to even get a consultation booked with him (however it did then get moved forward due to a cancellation).

Book some more consultations hunny - and book a 2nd one with Garrick if you think he could be worth seeing again - but sounds like you didn't gel with him and I can't stand to be made to feel small by ANYONE.  I don't care whether they are a top surgeon or even the primeminister - manners don't cost anything. 

Good luck!! xxx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Asorrell81 8th October 2015, 8:34 pm

Definitely see someone else! I have seen two surgeons (both recommended) one I thought was great and very knowledgeable but wants to go with bigger boobs than I think I want, but the other was arrogant but agreed smaller boobs. The second I really didn't gel wig so there is no way I'm going with him. I'm off for another consultation with the first one which I really liked and see what he think when I take pics etc

You definitely should see another to make your mind up x
Asorrell81
Asorrell81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 9th October 2015, 3:05 pm

Hey [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] dont be upset about a failed consultation. Honestly, i had 4 and 1 of them nearly made me change my mind altogether! Told me i need an uplift (when i dont) and that my chest was protruding too much lol.

You will find that perfect surgeon, trust me. Dont rush into anything and enjoy the consultations.. they are learning curves and make you realise the difference between wanting and needing!

Us girls are always here for you, as to be quite frank.. Men can be naff! xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down