Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling parents..

+11
Moocher90
blush89
Emmapinder1983
Jess.C x
Zum_Boobs
anneritchley
Mammamia
Becky59
Raisen22
Charlii
sarahlou222
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Telling parents.. Empty Telling parents..

Post by sarahlou222 22nd February 2015, 9:24 pm

So today I told my dad about my boob job, I told my mum about a month ago but she pretended not to know until today, she asked lotssss of questions, but dad went really quiet (unlike him) and looked around the room a lot.

If you told your parents how did they react?

Mum cried when she left as it will be the last time she'll see me before surgery.. felt really bad sad smile
xxx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Telling parents.. Empty Re: Telling parents..

Post by Charlii 22nd February 2015, 9:34 pm

I never got round to it. Went to see my delightful mother, and like the child she is, she said 'nerr nerr I found out about your boob jobs' to which I replied it wasn't a secret, I literally booked it a week ago and was going to tell you if you'd given me the chance. And that was it, no questions about when where who what. Nothing was said to dad, but it didn't need to be really. The only time he's ever spoken about it was when I got sick and he asked if it was anything to do with them. 'no dad, silicone is inert!'.

Needless to say, I'm not exactly close with my parents!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 22nd February 2015, 9:51 pm

Aww Charlii we're your boobie family now  group hug
I'm sorry to hear you aren't close to your parents xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 22nd February 2015, 10:24 pm

I told my mum at the start of December that I was getting them done towards the end of Jan. She was really happy for me as she obviously knew I had a small chest and after breastfeeding I lost even more of what was there!! 

I didn't tell my dad, he didn't need to know and I don't particularly like the man anyway. But he knew I was going in for the surgery as him and my mum had my little boy when I went in for surgery. But he never said a word about it to me, he wouldn't dare!! 

Are you glad you got it all over with by telling them Sarahlou?? 

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky59 22nd February 2015, 10:27 pm

I feel just as guilty of not more by not telling mine and the constant lies! They live in cornwall and keep getting stressed by them telling me they'll come up for a weekend!! I have my excuse of tummy bug to keep them clear lol! 
Sorry to hear it was difficult sarahlou222 but I bet you feel a bit relieved its out in the open and you're bring up front (pardon the pun)! Xx
Becky59
Becky59
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 22nd February 2015, 10:51 pm

I'm really glad it's out the way.. Does feel like such a relief!

My sister came out the blue and told us she was pregnant 2 weeks ago, so they said it was better than that.. Ha! - her baby is due 2 months before her wedding now, oopsy! 

They both know I had a consultation at 18 and mum asked me to wait a few years to properly develop.. Which I did. 
Dad said that he didn't realise quite how bad I felt about them.

It's strange how as a teenager you never realise how much your parents care. I moved out 5 months ago and my mum still gets tears in her eyes if we mention the day I moved out.

Aww Becky, what has made you decide not to tell them? (if you don't mind me asking) xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 22nd February 2015, 11:16 pm

Much prefer this booby family :D
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 23rd February 2015, 6:55 am

Well done for getting it out in the open! I imagine your dad was just a little shocked and no dad wants to believe their daughter is growing up! I guess they also don't want to think of us getting 'sexier' despite this not necessarily being a reason for doing it. I'm sure with a little reflection he'll be absolutely fine about it and it sounds like you have a great relationship with your parents so they'll really respect your openness.

I told my mum but left her to tell my dad!! No way I could have that conversation in front of him!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 23rd February 2015, 7:09 am

My parents were fine but also a bit worried about me being put to sleep. I have showed my mum and she thinks they are wonderful . My aunt who I'm very close too called me a silly girl. Never mind eh!!! It's not her body xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky59 23rd February 2015, 7:25 am

I think I have been so ambivilent about actually going through with it that I didn't want any negative comments putting me off! Also parents helped us out financially by giving some money towards childcare as were skint so it feels a bit 'couldn't afford childcare but can afford £4.5k on my boob job lol! 

We've never been a family to talk ably periods and sex etc so they aren'treally that aware of how I felt about having no boobs!! 

Would love to be able to tell them though!
Becky59
Becky59
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 23rd February 2015, 8:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you! That is so true, no dad wants to really think about it. When I told my mum she said she would tell my dad herself but in the end I felt I wanted to. I wanted to see his reaction and answer any questions as accurate as possible.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I wondered if I would get the silly girl comment! What does your aunt think of them now?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I completely understand where you coming from, I think with kids as well it must be so different.
Also if you aren't an open family I can see that being a bit awkward lol... our family are probably the opposite, I don't tell my parents everythinggg but anything I tell my mum she will tell my dad! x
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 23rd February 2015, 9:52 am

I showed my aunt the other day and she said. Blimey they look really natural . But I hated the comment silly girl. Also I got a get well card from my other aunt. Addressed to Jordan !!! I found that really offensive. People are funny xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 12:11 pm

My parent's know, My dad doesn't seem phased really, my mum doesn't seem overly keen on the idea mind >< Think she was more bothered about me having a tummy tuck though because when I first mentioned it; I mentioned having them both together but I've since decided to try give my tummy another year of toning see if I can do anymore on my own first. I mentioned having my boobs done in Prague and she seems even less impressed that it wont be the UK. 
My sister is a little apprehensive but shes decided to come with me to make sure I'm alright lol
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 23rd February 2015, 12:34 pm

I can understand why she would feel a little uncomfortable about having them done in a different country. There are so many amazing surgeons in the UK :)
Just out of interest, how much cheaper was it in Prague?
Thanks so nice of her, how lovely!

I just spoke to my mum on the phone and I asked what dad said about it in the car home, apparently he said: She's wanted to for a long time (they both knew I had a consultation 6 years ago) so she hasn't rushed into it, she's done a lot of research and she'd old enough to make her own decisions. YAY so relieved to hear that.

Mum started laughing on the phone and said 'I remember you stole my her chicken fillets when you were 17 and wore them every day until they split' Blush Shocked ... then I found Gel filled bras! xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 12:43 pm

Yeah and me really, but I've found a wonderful surgeon and it's costing me £2498-or 89 lol all inclusive (so op, bra, implants, hospital stay, apartment stay, chauffeuring etc) the only added price is flights (about £60-70 from Stansted). The fact my co-ordinator has been so wonderful and emailed back so quickly every question I have helps me too. =)

Bless you, Glad they release you're not taking this lightly =)  - To my parent's, I suppose this can seem a little wimsicle from me because I use to be naturally busty and it's only during the last year of weightloss and boobs have gone that I've decided I need boobs.  
xx
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 23rd February 2015, 12:54 pm

So it's about half... wow! The big question I would ask is how is it cheaper.. what's cut, or are English greedy lol.

What size did you use to be? x
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess.C x 23rd February 2015, 1:14 pm

My parents don't even know and I'm 9 weeks post op! I see my mum around 3/4 times a week, they've not noticed yet. I feel bad for not telling them but they would have only talked me out of it or something. I suppose il have to one day but for now I'm ok lol xxx
Jess.C x
Jess.C x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 23rd February 2015, 1:39 pm

Wow, 9 weeks post op and they don't even know. That is quite amazing! xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 1:57 pm

sarahlou222 wrote:So it's about half... wow! The big question I would ask is how is it cheaper.. what's cut, or are English greedy lol.

What size did you use to be? x

That's what I've thought, but I've done research on third party sites which seem to highly rate MediCzech and BeautyInPrague - I was going to go with Beauty in prague but they didn't have the date I wanted... - And after reading the surgeons glowing reviews I tracked him down for MediCzech as he also operates there too =) They have Nagor and Mentor implants, looks like I'll be getting Mentor. I'm lead to believe the actual cost of operative equipment and cost of the surgeons is higher in the UK and thats why prices are subsided elsewhere. MediCzech even give me a phone with the surgeons and coordinators number while I'm there in case I need to get in touch for any reason day or night, and I thought that was really good of them! =) 

Well when I was younger, I was very very athletic size 10, with 34DD boobs. Then I stopped working out, became overweight over the next 5+ years and went up to a natural 38G after second child. Now 32A/B - Too scared to get measured properly so not 100% lol
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 23rd February 2015, 2:03 pm

My dad knows and doesn't mind, my mum died a few years ago but said back then get them done if it makes you happy. Most of my friends have been supportive, one of them doesn't like it and moaned saying don't get anymore surgery, i just laughed it off to be honest x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 23rd February 2015, 2:10 pm

Luckily  my mums had hers done so she was so 100% understanding. She's been brilliant, and I know she understands totally what I feel like as she felt exactly the same! My dads been deadly quiet...and when I asked mum about his reaction apparently he just raised his eyebrows!  Hysterical

My sister actually said she was jealous! I'm more worried about telling some of my friends as I'm expecting them to give me a harder time. Because of that, I've only told partner, family and housemates (as they'll see me 'healing').

I'm really hoping no one notices. I've already got a army of excuses ready! ("Oh this? Just a padded bra." "Oh look the pill has suddenly given me BOOBS!...")

xx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 23rd February 2015, 2:37 pm

Zum boobs you don't look like you need a tummy tuck from your avi! I'd love one but scared for some reason!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 23rd February 2015, 3:06 pm

Mammamia wrote:Zum boobs you don't look like you need a tummy tuck from your avi! I'd love one but scared for some reason!
Sadly I do, Although I can poise myself to not look that bad, if I was to lean forward, I get a lovely flap hanging down =( When I saw Dr Frati he did say I'd only need a mini TT which did make me feel a little better lol x
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Moocher90 23rd February 2015, 3:12 pm

Everyone in my family mum siblings nan and my close friends and boyfriend knows about the surgery and are all very supportive of my decision. I don't talk not have a relationship with my dad so he doesn't know and even if he did it wouldn't bother me if he didn't agree. Xx
Moocher90
Moocher90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 24th February 2015, 12:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is your sister younger than you? Do you think she will have hers done one day? And my last questions lol, what size did your mum have?
I haven't told many people either but I'm not keeping it secret. 4 friends know and they are SO excited for me! 
Most people at work know (there's only 9 people) just because I thought it might be weird and they ask loads of questions lol. 

Zum I thinn your really brave, are you definitely going with the Prague surgeon then? 

Moocher how old is your nan? Mine is 83, she's such a worrier so my parents and I decided not to tell her, maybe afterwards if she notices anything but if she knew I was going under GA she would really panick and worry for me bless her xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next