Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I tell my parents?

+9
kitty87
RayRayT
alipops66
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
Victoria2345
Princessjo30
Lisa34
rachij
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do I tell my parents? Empty How do I tell my parents?

Post by rachij 27th May 2013, 12:32 pm

Hi everyone

Got a dilemma, I went for consultation last week and have booked a date for BAbut haven't said anything to my parents as they are away at the moment (been in Cyprus for the last three months both retired). Any advice would be useful -don't know whether to tell them over the phone or wait til they get back (25th june).
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

How do I tell my parents? Empty Re: How do I tell my parents?

Post by Lisa34 27th May 2013, 12:47 pm

Hmm that's a tough one. Do you think the will react badly? Or be supportive?
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 27th May 2013, 12:54 pm

I did it face to face although its personal preference. They have plenty of time to get used to the idea. Let us know how you get on Hug
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 27th May 2013, 12:56 pm

I'm not too sure - mum might go mad with me but then again she could want me to be happy, I think my dad would say go for it if it's what I want.
Thanks guys think I might wait til they get back from holiday and tell them that weekend
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 27th May 2013, 12:58 pm

Good luck x
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 27th May 2013, 2:22 pm

Hey
Just told my parents and they've gone mad at me for wanting a boob job, they want me to save for a deposit for a house!!!! I wish I hadn't said anything now :( and just had it done - it's not as if I'm a kid anymore I'm 33 so should be able to do things without asking them
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 27th May 2013, 2:28 pm

Aww huni x it's hard for parents sometimes! And they do worry. Give them some time, they may come around to the idea. X
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 27th May 2013, 3:38 pm

I'm sure they will come round to the idea Hug
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 27th May 2013, 3:57 pm

Im sure they'll come around. Every parent is the same they think there lil girl (at any age) is perfect. Just explain how you feel to them and that its something you need to do for yourself x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2013, 4:02 pm

If you're planning on telling your parents hun then I'd suggest you do it face to face. Get yourself prepared with all your research because without doubt they're going to be worried and your research and showing that you're being sensible about choosing your surgeon and clinic will hopefully help them to feel a little better about your decision.

But do keep in mind when your telling them hun that you're telling them out of respect moor them and not out of wanting their approval. You're a grown woman now and whether they agree with your decision or not, its not that that matters. You feel they should know and your telling them... Anything after that really is your business babe. Hopefully they will share your journey with you though. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 27th May 2013, 6:04 pm

Like cookie said, you told them because you didn't want to keep it from them, put of respect but you've done the research, you know how you feel about your boobs per BA and for you, your doing the right thing, yer they worry but once you've had your BA, there see that your still their daughter and will relax a lot more!! I think when we tell our parents they think we all want to have huge boobs when most of the time we don't, we just want to feel happy , congrats on your date xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 27th May 2013, 7:09 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses - whilst at the gym I had a text from parents to say sorry and it was a bit of a shock. I memtioned it to a few of the girls at the gym who had had it done and they've said mum will come roundhopefully sooner rather than later. yes
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 27th May 2013, 7:29 pm

My mum did that too Hun, reacted badly then txt me in the night to say sorry and she would support me no matter what. Glad they seem to be coming around now, it must be a shock Hug
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alipops66 28th May 2013, 9:25 am

Thankfully my parents have been great but iv always been quite independent in my decision making from them, tho i do really care what they say and take their reactions to heart. I would say face to face too tgat way they can tell how much it means to u rather than a message or hone call. Xx good luck xx
alipops66
alipops66
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 28th May 2013, 9:33 am

I'm so pleased they are coming round to the idea x luckily my parents were fine with it, they had been aware I wanted a BA for a very long time x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 28th May 2013, 1:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear your parents reacted like that. As a parent myself my children are beautiful in my eyes and nothing needs changing about them. They will be just a little taken back by it esp if you have not mentioned it before, I'm sure they will come to accept your decision in time.
I never told my Dad as he would of felt uncomfortable with the surgical aspect and naturally would try to convince me otherwise. My Mum knows but it's been something I have talked about for yonks and she was really happy for me! So difficult you can't please everyone, but the end of the day you are a grown women and you make your own choices in life to please you, that's the important thing to remember.
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by kitty87 28th May 2013, 7:41 pm

Well I have made the choice not to tell mine..... I feel awful but I'm hoping they won't really notice as iv always worn the most padded bra ever so to others I look big so if I told people they wouldn't understand why I wanted it done.
I felt really guilty the other day for not tellin them but if they notice I will tell them but for now I'm an emotional rollercoaster trying to get the money sorted before pre-op on Thursday so better for me the less people that know. My boyfriend is giving me all the support I need at the moment and the ladies on here have kept me going Hug xx
kitty87
kitty87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 183

Back to top Go down

Post by kitty87 7th June 2013, 8:44 pm

Hey hope things have smoothed out now after telling your parents? Xx
kitty87
kitty87
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th June 2013, 10:03 pm

You've no need to feel guilt Kitty. This is a life decision you've made for yourself. I'm sure your parents don't feel obligated to discuss their life decisions with you hun, so don't feel you have to with them. You're all adults and as long as your choice doesn't affect their lives in any way, which this won't, then you're doing nothing wrong at all in not telling them lovely.

I chose not to tell my parents about my last two ops. Simply because I didn't want to. There are lots of us on here who haven't told our parents Kitty so don't feel you're alone at all sweetheart. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitty87 7th June 2013, 10:34 pm

Thankyou so much Hug that's made me feel so much better. I think it was just a stage I went through I'm really happy I haven't told people like you said I am doing this for me and nobody else xxx
kitty87
kitty87
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 8th June 2013, 8:03 am

My parent didn't react particularly well either hun, but my mum came round eventually it was just because she was worried.
My dad even said to me on the morning of my op "I don't really approve of this but if its what u want to do" which made me feel awful 2 hrs before going to theatre, but he is fine now and has seen the change in me since!
I hope your parents are feeling better about it now.
Maybe offer to take your mum to a consultation with ur surgeon, this helped to relax my mum. Xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th June 2013, 9:18 am

kitty87 wrote:Thankyou so much Hug that's made me feel so much better. I think it was just a stage I went through I'm really happy I haven't told people like you said I am doing this for me and nobody else xxx

That's OK hun. Hug I think its VERY important for women to go through surgery without people laying 'guilt trips' on them for their choices.

Having a cosmetic procedure isn't an open door that everybody has automatic right to open. Its a private thing and we should each have the option to tell who we like if we choose to tell anyone at all.

My pet hate is the expression "I don't want to lie.. I want to be honest about my BA"

I personally would NEVER sit and have a chat about my boobs with my parents or anyone else for that matter, so in NOT telling them, I'm just being me! I'm NOT lying, I'm NOT being dishonest, its just how I, and how many women like me just are. I didnt have a personality change! I changed my boobs! So I'm not going to change who I am and suddenly become that person who wants to sit and talk boobs with friends and family. For some women this is what they want to do and that's fine, that's their choice, but don't ever feel pressured to be that person too babe. You be who YOU are and stand by your own choices - they're NOT wrong. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitty87 8th June 2013, 1:01 pm

Thanks cookie you have just explained exactly how I feel and you put it in better words than I ever could. I just told my boyfriend about the shout out at the top and the new topic you did for me he said aww that's great. Thankyou so much for your support I couldn't of been calm and happy today without all you great ladies xx
kitty87
kitty87
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th June 2013, 1:11 pm

Awwww you're very welcome hun Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 8th June 2013, 1:57 pm

Hey,
Thanks for the replies - since telling my parents, we haven' t actually spoken about it again . I think they're leaving me to it now as they won't talkme out of it!!! as at present I don't want to buy any new bras if I'm only going to wear them for three/four months before having to buy new again in new size after BA in october.
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next