Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you told your parents...

+12
Princessjo30
Lisa34
Blueeyedsoul13
nikkinoo
Daisydee
willows
Princess_x
sianyoungx
hannahp123
Nicole
5stonedown
goldilockz1984
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When you told your parents... Empty When you told your parents...

Post by goldilockz1984 2nd April 2013, 7:33 pm

...had you already booked your BA? I am planning to tell my mum soon about my BA plans but am still waiting for the right moment. I was planning to book my BA this week as I want to ensure I get the date I want in July, but I feel a bit bad about the possibility of telling my mum if I've already booked it, as if she has no say in the matter (which ultimately she doesn't because it's my body, but still...) Was wondering if you had already booked your BA when you told your parents and how they reacted? xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

When you told your parents... Empty Re: When you told your parents...

Post by 5stonedown 2nd April 2013, 7:36 pm

I had it all booked when I told my mum... she reacted better than I expected although my dad still doesnt know!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 2nd April 2013, 7:38 pm

yep! and i had a bit of drams about the money too so waited until it was all booked and paid for before telling her! altho she had seen a letter a few months earlier bout cosmetic surgery so she prob had an incling. she took it better than i expected and my dad also still doesn't know
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 2nd April 2013, 7:41 pm

Mine still don't know and I don't plan on them finding out lol! x
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 2nd April 2013, 7:44 pm

I told my mum after I had researched and booked my initial consultation and I literally just dropped it in .."by the way I've booked an appointment to see about getting my boobs done!" And she half laughed and then said its up to me an she would support me whatever I decided and as long as I knew the risks she was ok with it! She even came to the second appointment! But my mum had always known it was something I'd thought about! I didn't actually tell my dad because we aren't close like that we wouldn't talk about it but my mum told him and when my friend had hers done he asked how it went so he does care and I know he will give me a huge hug before I go but it is a bit of an awkward conversation to have with my dad! I found just blurting it out to mum was best , does your mum have any idea you are thinking of it? Xx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 349

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 2nd April 2013, 8:02 pm

Sounds like the general consensus is that your mums reacted better than expected, which fills me with hope! I am TOTALLY in the dark as to how my mum will react. I have always been extremely close with her and we've been getting on so, so well lately. I really don't want anything to change. Ultimately, this is about me and I hope she'll be supportive. I don't plan on telling another soul.
Sian: no, my mum doesn't have a clue. I had a book about cosmetic surgery when I first considered it, maybe 6 years ago. I don't know how she feels about surgery. She's certainly never put anyone who has had surgery down, I just don't think she'd expect it from me. I want to lose weight and she's the type of mum who will always say 'pffft, you're perfect as you are silly girl!' so I reckon she'll be much the same when it comes to this. BTW I understand what you mean about it being an awkward thing to tell your dad, plus men react differently to things. I don't intend to tell my stepdad.
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 2nd April 2013, 9:01 pm

No, I told my mum from age 15 I wanted a boob job. So she knew it was going to happen, she wasn't fazed. My dad actually took me to both of my op's, all he said initially was "I hope they're not going to look like Jordan's biggest knockers".. and that was it When you told your parents... 3965254117
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 2nd April 2013, 9:17 pm

my mums known since i was 15 aswell that i wanted a boob job. she always new my plan was get a car at 18 pay the car loan off over 5 yrs then get a boob job loan and boob job! Now im 24 told mum when i booked consultations n shes happy for me as she knows its what ive always wanted....

my dad on the other hand - i cant tell him i just wouldnt know how to tell him! Him and my mum arnt together and ive never spoken to him about it and hes a very private person and i dont know would be way to awkward coversation When you told your parents... 375568
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 2nd April 2013, 9:22 pm

My mum was totally the same, the first thing she said when I told her was "Noo u don't need to your perfect the way u are" but after explaining all the research I had done and how determined I was she was ok. She even came to my second consultation that helped to put her mind at rest.
Xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 2nd April 2013, 9:29 pm

I had. I was really surprised by their reaction.They were really for it. My mum even said she was thinking of having a face lift. This is coming from my very natural parents that dont use medication or imunise! I was very pleasantly surprised :O) They have been really great. Im really pleased i told them.

Good luck! x
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 2nd April 2013, 9:33 pm

Wow! Those stories are really positive. I have been through a lot lately and my mum has been consistently there for me, which is why I think she'll be supportive, but I don't want to be complacent because I know she may struggle to come to terms with the idea and have her own issues with it. I think in my case, not telling her will affect our relationship more than telling her xxx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 2nd April 2013, 9:35 pm

I think its definately worse to keep it from her than to tell her... I know that if in the future if my daughter went and had a BA without telling me I would be gutted that she did it behind my back, I want her to trust me. x
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 2nd April 2013, 9:37 pm

I agree 5stonedown. I wouldn't be comfortable not telling her, but I understand why other people may feel this is the better option. I have phoned Mrs Kat's office and should hear later this week whether my date is available, then I'm good to go!!! So excited!! xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 2nd April 2013, 9:40 pm

You wont regret it! I am seeing Mrs Kat again on Thursday for my dressings to come off. She was lovely again to me prior to my revision... she promised me she wouldnt let me go away until I am 100% happy.. a true perfectionist and artist of her trade!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 2nd April 2013, 9:42 pm

I'm so glad hun! She really is lovely and I imagine she wanted to do everything possible to help you. I didn't feel 100% confident with the other surgeons I saw but I do with her. xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 2nd April 2013, 9:47 pm

hi hun,

i only told my mum this past sunday eve, and my mum sounds quite like yours in that she would say, you're perfect as you are. and i know my mum is against surgery!
but still, she didn't react tooo badly considering.
not sure how to post a link to a different thread, but my thread's called 'going to have to tell my parents..', it's quite recent on here. my ramblings might help? :)

but to answer your other question, no i haven't booked yet and hadn't when i told her, but will probably book tomorrow, and will prob send her a txt or something once i've booked.

good luck hun x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 2nd April 2013, 9:51 pm

Hi Blueeyedsoul!

I have been following your recent posts and am quite startled at how similar your experience has been to mine. Seems like we'll be having our surgeries around the same time too! I imagine my mum will react quite similarly to yours, I'm certainly not expecting a wholly positive reaction but just offering her support and being there for me is really all I could ask for as it'd be quite a lonely journey otherwise. I will definitely search for your other thread, thank you.

I really want to book my surgery for late June/ early July as I have been seriously looking into having a BA for almost a year and I think it's about time! I like the thought of my boobs being settled come Christmas time! Look forward to reading more about your journey! xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 2nd April 2013, 9:51 pm

She really does make sure you get the best possible result and is such a nice person with it.... you never feel that she is in it for the money and christ does she work hard. The day I had my first op she started in theatre at 08.30 and she came to see me that night at 23.00 and she had only just finished her last patient... she had been in theatre for over 14 hours... this time I was her first patient.. she started on me at 08.30 and she came to see me to discharge me later that night at 20.30 and she said she was just going into theatre with her last patient of the day which was going to take 4-5 hours!! I said "god thats such a long day in theatre" and she said "its my own fault cos I always take longer than I plan to cos I want to make sure its perfect!"
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 2nd April 2013, 9:57 pm

Wow!! That's the kind of surgeon I want!! She seems extremely passionate about her job and was so lovely to me during my consultation that I didn't feel at all rushed or like I was asked too many questions. All her staff seem to absolutely love her too, which is a good sign! I like the fact that she is a woman too. Not that I wouldn't trust a man, but I think she'd be more consise and intricate somehow, as was reflected in the numerous measurements she took. All in all, I definitely feel I will be in the right hands! Have you to go for another appointment in May/ June? I am going to have a second consultation with her, just to decide on size etc as I'm not sure whether to go for 410 or 465cc...xxx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 2nd April 2013, 10:00 pm

Sounds good.. she wont charge you to go back again... you only pay for the first consultation.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 2nd April 2013, 10:09 pm

hey hun, how exciting - a possible boobie buddy! yahoo

i'm just waiting for my pcc to get back to me on one question, and then will probably be booking tomorrow, for 21st june! really freaking out about it now, i know i want it, but its the financial commitment for life i'm scared about more than anything else, especially as its taking all of my savings!!

do feel better for having told my mum before booking though, and funnily enough she never asked about costs. all i said was i can afford it.

i've been following your posts too, so i really hope you get to book yours soon and can look forward to it! x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 3rd April 2013, 7:01 am

Yay! Having a booby buddy would be terrific in the run up to our BAs. I think if you're sensible about it, the financial commitment could look after itself. Putting aside a fiver a week could probably cover another BA 10-15 years down the line as opposed to forking out a big lump sum. Try not to worry too much about the money side of things, I reckon it will be more than worth it. I am also hoping to book today or tomorrow, my ideal date is 6th July. That's good yur mum didn't ask about costs. My mum knows I want to go back to unversity so will probably question how I'll be able to afford a BA. Six years of saving has been worth it! xxx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 3rd April 2013, 7:41 am

can't believe you're ready to book goldilocks, so happy for you!!!!
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 3rd April 2013, 7:59 am

I told my mum, she wasn't really interested! She has only asked me once post op if I was ok. She did do my school pick up runs for the first week for me. It's my nan and grandad that have given me the most support x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 3rd April 2013, 8:33 am

My mom knows I'm planning a BA, she does not say too much, just the occasional roll of the eyes :doh:

I'm not telling my Dad lol x
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next