Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you told your parents...

+12
Princessjo30
Lisa34
Blueeyedsoul13
nikkinoo
Daisydee
willows
Princess_x
sianyoungx
hannahp123
Nicole
5stonedown
goldilockz1984
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When you told your parents... - Page 2 Empty Re: When you told your parents...

Post by lumpybumpy 3rd April 2013, 10:08 am

my mother is up and down with it, some days she's supportive then others she'll drop in the odd comment about implants, the quality of surgeon etc. i sent her loads of links about surgery from make of implant to the clinic and surgeon im having the consultation with and whenever she moans, i just tell her to do her research like i've done. at first i was disappointed that she wasnt as supportive as i'd hoped but now my attitude is just that this is my op and she has to lump it. im hoping she'll realise how much it means to me in the consultation but time will tell. all i would say is stick to your guns and make sure you stay calm and explain the reasons thoroughly for your choice. it's your decision at the end of the day! good luck :) xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 3rd April 2013, 12:24 pm

my family have always know i wanted a ba, i told my dad ,mom and partner and his dad (as he paid after i failed the credit check, i pay him back weekly) know one else new i let my mom tell everyone when i had come round from my op, then i announced it on fb lol ;) im very open about my ba as next to having the daughter it was the most incredible life changing thing to happen to me :) everyone was great x
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 3rd April 2013, 6:47 pm

Thank you girls for sharing your stories, quite a variety of them! It seems like everyone has had some support which is terrific. For a while, I considered going it alone. My ex boyfriend has always known I've wanted a BA but since we split up, he is reluctant to help or comment. I didn't want to tell my mum but not telling her seems wrong, for her benefit as well as mine. I don't want to wake up on the hospital bed knowing no one will be there to see me for a couple of weeks. It would be an extremely isolating experience so I need my mum there. Fingers crossed she'll support my decision xxx

P.S. Newboobz, I can't believe it either!! xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 3rd April 2013, 6:56 pm

I haven't told mine and the op is a week on saturday. I have no intentions of telling them even when it's done. As close as i am to them they just wouldn't understand it and i can be doing without the aggro that i would get. The only person that knows is my husband x x x x x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 3rd April 2013, 7:31 pm

I understand that completely Balamory. I don't think anyone really understands unless they intend to have one themselves or have done the research, a lot of people just jump to conclusions. I, for a long time, didn't want to tell my mum but not doing so would mean I have no support and would be more hesitant to go for it. xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 6th April 2013, 3:20 pm

I wondered for ages about telling my parents, not because i didn't think they would understand but just because my mums a worrier! I just sat down with her and told her that it was what i wanted and booked my first consultation after that.
Telling my dad was a bit more difficult just because i didnt really know how to tell him... but like the other girls said, although they had a lot of questions they both reacted well!
Its been really great having their support and my mum is full of questions too so she comes to the appointments with me which i don't mind because sometimes she has ones that i havn't thought of haha :)
xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2