Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having second thoughts

+3
Charlii
czlouise
Twinkled
7 posters

Go down

Having second thoughts  Empty Having second thoughts

Post by Twinkled 23rd January 2015, 8:17 am

Hi, I only found and joined this forum a few days ago. Ever since then I have read huge amounts of posts and stories.
My op is next Thursday and it finally feels real but I think I've changed my mind! I'm dreading the op, the recovery and what to say if people ask.
Is this normal or should I listen to myself and forget it?
Twinkled
Twinkled
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Having second thoughts  Empty Re: Having second thoughts

Post by czlouise 23rd January 2015, 8:50 am

Awww hun that's completely normal.. All the way up to my op I was super excited not even nervous but waiting to go into theatre I was really panicked.. Worried about how I would look and what other people would think....

The op I don't think is anything to worry about.. As long as your happy with ur surgeon that should go without a glitch obviously no surgery is risk free but then it's a big decision to make and I'm sure u haven't rushed into it.. Because ur under GA u don't know anything..

When I woke up I wasn't really in any pain.. And yes now I'm recovering it's very achey but it's surgery and it's going to be a bit painful as your having ur skin pulled and implants inserted.. I'm super new to this site but it has really helped since my op as I was worried about my recovery.. At the end of the day it's your body and your decision.. But there's so many happy women on here and just seeingn everyone's avis makes me excited for the rest of my recovery xxxxxx
czlouise
czlouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 23rd January 2015, 9:22 am

It's absolutely normal to have these feelings, but what I would say is if you are genuinely unsure, you can always delay and push back the date. You don't have to go through with it if you don't want to, it's your body and no one else's to make that decision. Have a good think about what's really making you nervous, is it the ba, or having an op itself. Yes, recovery is difficult, as in would be for any op, but it's manageable. Maybe try writing down your fears vs your hopeful outcomes.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 23rd January 2015, 9:28 am

You'll be fine hun, everyone goes through the why am I doing it stage. I'm so glad I had mine done, I'm now post op day 9 and nearly back to normal, I just do everything at a slower pace. Don't worry mods I'm not hoovering or doing housework yet lol x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkled 23rd January 2015, 9:33 am

Are you driving Emma? I am a single mother to 3 children aged 5,9 and 10, I worry that the biggest impact will be on them. I hate feeling helpless and relying on others. I think it's the fear of the unknown, I've wanted the boobs for yrs!
Twinkled
Twinkled
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 23rd January 2015, 9:38 am

No I'm not driving hun. I'm giving myself a 3 week break, my boys are 6 and 11 years old. My partner has gone offshore for 2 weeks. I ask my kids to help me, also my mother in law is doing housework for me. My kids enjoy helping me, makes them feel independent. I thought it would be a nightmare but it isn't, just take your time x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkled 23rd January 2015, 9:40 am

I have to be able to drive as soon as I can.. Otherwise I won't make my follow up appointments and my kids will miss out on their stuff.
Did you tell your kids? I'm worried what my daughters will think of me making this change, what message it sends them. Oh I am a bit all over the place!
Twinkled
Twinkled
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 23rd January 2015, 9:47 am

It's not advisable to drive soon after ba, due to this can void your insurance. Can you get a friend or transport to follow up appointments? Also with your kids can people give them a lift, at the moment I'm having to ask my boys both play football. It isn't going to be long to ask people to help you, don't worry we all got panicky before ba x. X
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 23rd January 2015, 10:45 am

Legally you can't drive for 48hrs after a general anesthetic, or until you can safely perform an emergency stop. For some this is a week, others like myself took 3. Auto is easier than manual.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 23rd January 2015, 3:08 pm

I do have to say that you will have to make sure you are not risking anything during your first week by really overdoing it. Can your children not go to there clubs etc whatever they like to do for the first week? It really does help if you are organised as in you know that you have not got to do certain things, like driving. Can your children help you? Perhaps reward them for helping mum. Do you have any family that can help also. Not everybody tells there children about there BA. You could say you had your shoulder fixed or something. But as far as the surgery goes, you will be ok. You have us to talk to as well. Xxxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 23rd January 2015, 3:21 pm

Hi twinkled, I'm sure it's just pre op jitters. 
Some girls have had them right up till the operation day! 

It's a roller coaster of emotions this boobie journey.

I also have 3 children , aged 3, 8 and 11 (I had my op 2 yrs ago now) my husband had a bit of time off from work to help me along with my mum and sisters.
I also hate having to rely on people and I like to do things myself my way! Saying that you do need the help and it's fine it's for a few weeks until you start getting back in to things. 

Get your kids to help out round the house too, they actually like the responsibility and giving them a reward chart is a good incentive! 

Your kids won't miss out, have you got family you can ask to take them or a partner? Or friend ? 
If need be take taxis for a week or 10 days.

I took around 2 weeks to drive , but it's diffrent for all of us though it's around a week for most. 

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 23rd January 2015, 3:25 pm

How about a friend up the school, if you have one close enough you can let her know you are having an op, no need to know what it is. Perhaps they can pick your kids up for you. You could return the favour when you feel more up to it . Just ideas. Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd January 2015, 3:57 pm

Just catching up on this Twinkled. 

Try typing in thr pre-op jitters into the search bar at the top right of the forum, or just jitters will do. You'll see that what you're experiencing is completely normal hun. 

Try reading the surgery stories our lovely ladies have spent time to write for us. They are filled with so much joy and that joy after reading that they felt exactly the same way as you are right now is contagious. It really does help to get that excitement back in the last run up to your special day and trust me...this last part of your 'pre-op' journey will be the best time of all when you look back on this. 

Do listen to Charlii though and if you think how you're feeling is anything more than just the jitters it's fine to postpone. You won't be the first woman to have put a hold on your surgery and you most certainly won't be the last Twinkled. You're in control babe, so read though the threads, I'm sure you'll find some you can relate too - but if you can't....do listen to your gut. It's generally always right. 

You are going to need some help especially in the first week of your surgery. Some women have a turning point after a week, for others it's two weeks and we can't possibly say how well you're going to react in your recovery, so you should always prepare and ensure you have things covered that you may be unable to do post-op. Driving is one of them. So maybe have a chat with one of the other mums who go to the same groups that your daughters do. You don't have to say you're having  Breast Augmentation. A bad back will cover everything you go through in recovery so using this excuse is perfect and when you're better you can always offer to return the favour for them should they ever need help driving their kids somewhere. 

About your daughters...well, it's up to you what you want them to know. If you're concerned about body image and what the media puts out there and your daughters then worrying about their body imagine then depending how old they are...if they're younger than 10 I'd say nothing. The bad back discussed above in my humble opinion is all they need to know. If they older than 10 then you can either go with the bad back, again they'll never know unless you show them, or you could sit them down and talk to them about your feeling and telling them the reasons behind your decisions. This is what I did with my children and they were very understanding. 

You know your children better than anyone Twinkled and you'll know the best way to handle this to make your recovery as smooth as possible and to also have your children 'safe in mind' that you're OK. Because ultimately, that all they really want to know sweetheart. Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down