Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second thoughts, am i being OTT?

5 posters

Go down

second thoughts, am i being OTT? Empty second thoughts, am i being OTT?

Post by mimimax83 10th March 2011, 10:09 pm

Hi all,
I have been researching BA's for some time now and was confident i was gonna go for it. Now I am not so sure. I have heard and read so much about the PIP scandel. How can I be sure the same thing wont happen a few years down the line with the latests implants? I have been recommended the nagor cogel, which inspired confidence as apparrently even if they rupture the silicone cannot move about independenty. But I hear that the ladies who had the PIP's were told a similar thing, that the gel was cohesive and it wouldnt be a major risk if they ruptured...and the rest, as we know, is history. Im finding it hard to know what to believe anymore. :dunno: x
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

second thoughts, am i being OTT? Empty Re: second thoughts, am i being OTT?

Post by lindylou22 10th March 2011, 10:45 pm

I know, it is really tough, but we can only trust the information that we have at the time. I think there were always surgeons who didn't fully trust the pips anyway, as they saw them as a lower grade of quality or something to that effect. It's certainly a good question to ask your surgeon... perhaps you could ask it to one of the surgeons on here?!

I think that's why it's really important to do as much research as you can, to pick a company that hopefully have a fairly good aftercare policy, and to pick a surgeon who you trust. That way, if in the future anything does crop up, you know you'll be in safe hands.

I know the Nagors have a lifetime guarantee, and as they're a British based company apparently that makes it much easier to actually claim against that guarantee should you need to.

Hope that reassures you a little hun.

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by mimimax83 10th March 2011, 10:58 pm

hey thanx for your reply, yeah im so in two minds at the mo. Just need to be sure i want to commit to it if you see what I mean, I dont want to have the BA then live being paranoid about them! I just commented on one of ur posts as u had James mcdiarmid, who I have had consultations with and would defo go with. How was your overall experience hun? he sems really nice.x
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 10th March 2011, 11:05 pm

Hi hun, I replied to you in the other thread and PM'd you, but I'll copy and paste:

James is the only PS I saw, and the only one I needed to see. He got exactly what I wanted straight away, listened to everything I had to say, was really friendly and helpful, and discussed my options with me. The hospital was lovely, and he has given me the exact result that I asked him for (based on a picture I showed him). I can't really recommend him enough, and if you've had a consultation with him and you liked him, I would say go for it! He's on this forum in the "ask a surgeon" section, so he's not one of these surgeons who just disappears and you can never get hold of again. He makes sure to make himself available.

Mybreast have been absolutely fine as well. To be honest, since I booked my op their interaction with me has been minimal, and I've dealt directly with James' clinic here in Plymouth. I just hope they are there for me should any complications arise, but I hear they have a very good reputation in that area. People have mentioned about the admin not being brilliant, but I got all the paperwork I needed and if anything was wrong I just phoned them and they sorted it out for me.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I'll answer to the best of my ability!!

Hope that helps hun

LL
x

lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by summer11 11th March 2011, 3:51 pm

hiya hun
try not to worry because you can't live your life like that as there are always news about things being harmful for us when prob been using and eating them for years before. hey we all gota go someday and i would go that way than rocking in a chair peeing myself not knowing who or where i am. life is for living and the daring may not live forever but the cautious never live at all.
xx
summer11
summer11
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th March 2011, 5:45 pm

I think if you are this worried about the implants then maybe you should go for the FDA approved ones, as these had been through years of testing and come with the lifetime guarentee. Although Nagor are a British manufacturer so will have to go through all the British saftey tests. I thought the impleo were their top brand but I may be wrong?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 11th March 2011, 5:55 pm

The PIPs scandal has been a real issue for some women. If you read Snake's Snippets, you'll find that some surgeons knew they were lower grade implants and refused to use them. Sad to say, some surgeons were waiting for the day they were pulled off the market, knowing they couldn't help the hundreds of women who were booked in to have their surgery and those implants.

The best thing to do is research, research, research.

there are reputable companies and surgeons out there, and that's what this forum's for.

There are thousands of women who have surgery every month with no problems whatsoever, but there will be those who have complications through no fault of their own. It's about weighing up the risks and seeing if it's worth it for you.

I know I can say having surgery has improved the quality of my life. I'd never change that decision.

If you have any questions the girls here will be happy to help you with them.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mimimax83 13th March 2011, 3:13 pm

thanx for your replies ladies, im continuing with my research, and will talk to my ps about FDA approved implants, thanx for the advice and support, this forum is a bloomin godsend!x
mimimax83
mimimax83
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down