Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infection- so sad and angry

+12
IsabellExpat
Charlii
mirren001
COOKIE
sarahlou222
Boobies2be
camilla85
mrsball
Mammamia
anneritchley
Karen999
cupcake1991
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Infection- so sad and angry Empty Infection- so sad and angry

Post by cupcake1991 18th January 2015, 7:26 pm

I'm 4 weeks 3 days PO. & about 2 weeks ago I noticed a white bit on my right incision scar but hubby said it just looked like the white part of a scab. I ignored it and kept massaging my scars day and night in circular motions (with moisturiser). My scar has been a bit sore the past few days, where the band dug in when I bend over and things like that. 

This morning when I got out the shower i noticed the white bit had a bit of green on it, so called my hospital who said that I would have to go to GP as i'm over 4 weeks PO and that's how long my aftercare lasts for. I was fuming (no where in my t&c's does it say 4 weeks).  I got quite annoyed with the nurse and asked what exactly I had paid £4k for if they weren't going to help me and if I have puss on my incision site I do not want to have to wait to see my GP! She said well go to a walk in centre then.  sad smile   SO ANGRYYYYY!

So.. I did. I saw a really lovely male nurse and just burst in to tears as soon as I got in the room but he sent me on to a female nurse to look at my incision. She was lovely too and said that my surgeon did a beautiful job but that I do have an infection which needs to be treated as aside from the fact I have a temperature, there's a very small hole (like the size of a pin head) with puss. She said it's just because the breast crease can get quite hot and a bit sweaty sometimes. I was sent home with anti biotics and told to wipe the incision with salt water twice a day. 

I've been in touch with my surgeon's secretary by email who was lovely as always and she's going to speak to my surgeon first thing tomorrow to see if he'd like my follow up appointment brought forward.  

I'm just so disappointed. I feel like the hospital don't give a **naughty word** and i'm really sad that this hasn't been 100% plain sailing as I hoped. I knew of the risks and possible complications but it's just a bit crap when it happens to you! No one wants to be told they have a **naughty word** hole in their boob. Sorry for such a long rant. I'm just exhausted and emotional.
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Infection- so sad and angry Empty Re: Infection- so sad and angry

Post by Karen999 18th January 2015, 7:34 pm

who did the op? thats an absolute disgrace that they wouldn't see you again so soon.
Karen999
Karen999
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 18th January 2015, 7:37 pm

Hi Karen, my surgeon was Mr Bennett and he has been absolutely great throughout so please don't think i'm bashing my surgeon- I love him to bits and think he's fab- he's also done a great job. 

It's Spire that wouldn't see me. I called the out of hours no. I was sent home with. I will be making a complaint with them as soon as this is all done and i've gotten over the infection- i'm just emotionally drained right now.
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 18th January 2015, 7:38 pm

Ahhh I'm sorry you have an infection and you feel the way you do. Get those antibiotics in your system and I hope you get to see your surgeon soon. It sounds like you have caught it in time. Sending big hugs your way xxxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 18th January 2015, 7:42 pm

I'm not sure how long actual hospital care is for once discharged but it's separate to surgeon after care ? Anyway rest up and try not to worry xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 18th January 2015, 7:44 pm

Well i'm yet to have had my follow up with my surgeon. I've had 2 with the cosmetic nurse, who was also great but i'd have thought they should see you until your consultant has discharged you from their care. 

I don't know.. I guess i'll find out. I'm really sad and feel bad for saying that i'm upset as I really couldn't fault my surgeon and I really trust him to get me sorted. It's just that Spire aren't living up to their good reputation right now.
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 18th January 2015, 7:48 pm

That's outrageous, your aftercare is a year, not 4 weeks. Either someone doesn't know what their talking about or perhaps got confused regarding the out of hours number. I would definitely ask for a follow up appt with surgeon just for piece of mind but sounds like the antibiotics will sort you out anyway. Make sure you stop massaging your scars at the mo, usually you're told to leave them alone until fully healed so keep any products well away. I'm sure it will improve really soon, especially as it just sounds like a small patch. Try not to be disheartened x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 18th January 2015, 7:54 pm

OH MY GOD, don't say it's a year.. that's made me even more angry! It's not like she said "we'll still see you, just make an appointment tomorrow or i'll give you the right number to call". She was actually quite rude and said that I couldn't be seen. 

I think my surgeon will be fuming when he finds this all out tomorrow.
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 18th January 2015, 8:03 pm

So sorry to hear this cupcake. I think you need to speak to your surgeon/nurse tomorrow and find out why it went wrong regards the out of hours service.

Regards the infection, was you told to massage your scars at 4weeks with moisturiser? It's just even at 4 weeks and even 6 weeks your inscions are sometimes not fully closed and putting cream into them can cause infection, as well as the sweat etc. 
were you given any micropore tape to put over them? Or just left bare? X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 18th January 2015, 8:05 pm

Hi Mrsball, yes I was told to use moisturiser by the cosmetic nurse. I had micropore tape on up until week 2 I think. i've been massaging the scars. It was quite uncomfortable at first and made me feel sick. I think now, what's happened is that the massaging may have disturbed a scab and led to the infection. 

I've only ever followed what i've been told to by my surgeon and Spire  disappoint
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by camilla85 18th January 2015, 8:30 pm

Unacceptable to say the least.I hope your boobs will get better soon & whoever gave you misleading info will have their a** kicked as they really deserve it x
camilla85
camilla85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 18th January 2015, 8:33 pm

Thanks sweetheart. I'm glad to hear others say it's unacceptable, as I wondered if I was overreacting being so angry. 

x
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 18th January 2015, 8:53 pm

Not overreacting at all Hun, it's unacceptable that this has happened and no out of hours protocol was in place. 

I'm just very surprised the nurse advised this so early. Did she check your inscions before giving the advice? 

I hope you get to speak to your surgeon tomorrow cupcake, and explain all that's has happened and get some answers x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 18th January 2015, 8:57 pm

Yes, she did check my incisions first Mrsball.
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 18th January 2015, 9:07 pm

Aww how awful for you!

I have to say I'm also really surprised you've been told to use moisturiser...I've been told explicitly to ensure no products go near the incisions at all.  Definitely raise this concern with your surgeon with your see him, I'm a little worried your cosmetic nurse is giving you info that is better suited for a few weeks down the line xx
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 18th January 2015, 10:43 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this lovely :(
I really hope the antibiotics get into your system quickly and you start go feel better about it. 

The literature I have says about 3 weeks for massaging scars xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th January 2015, 2:33 am

I'm with Mrsball here, 4 weeks post-op does seem pretty early to be advising using perfumed things on fresh incisions. 

I'm also with Mammamia and of the opinion you have a years Aftercare, if your surgein is covered by ASC though you have two years aftercare 'after' an initial 29 day period of which you're insured by the clinic anyway. 

I can't find anything on the Spire website though other than:

You really shouldn't have had to have turned to the NHS at all and I'd be personally putting a complaint in if I were you about the level of care you were given by whomever it was you spoke to. ie: NONE! 

For additional peace of mind, should there be a clinical need for you to return to hospital you will not receive an additional bill.

I'm glad you're being treated for the infection now but you should have been advised under 'clinical needs' to have returned to the clinic free of charge.

I would definitely steer away from perfumed things for a good few weeks yet. I especially wouldn't touch your wounds at all whilst you're on anti-bs, nor would I get the wound wet. So back to basin washing only, I really wouldn't shower whilst you have an infection because the water can be a breeding ground for infection, so just keep the wound completely dry babe. 

Hope it heals up soon and do log a complaint in about the advice you were given. This is a reputable clinic that has a far better standard of care than that. Xx

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I would really pay no attention to that at all. I'd also talk with your surgein about that advise too. I'm sure he wouldn't be hapoy with that at all because being so early it does put all their hard work at risk. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 19th January 2015, 6:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] after reading through these comments and what you just had to say, I really agree with waiting a lot longer!! X
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 19th January 2015, 6:57 am

Sorry you have had to go through this upset!Hope you get to see your surgeon soon & antibiotics resolve this issue!Hug
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 19th January 2015, 7:39 am

At 3weeks Sarah, is way too early to even think about touching let alone massaging your incisions. If you're not allowed to submerge your boobs before 6 weeks to prevent infection same goes for putting anything on them. 

But above all at 3weeks there's NO NEED to start massage. The scars will remain lumpy and bumpy for a good few weeks after that and most scars heal well on their own. If at around 12 weeks you or surgeon feels you need to then do it then by then providing there's no infection/complication it'll be fine to start. 
Singer al stitches don't fully dissolve till 3. Months anyhow x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 19th January 2015, 7:40 am

* internal stitches
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 19th January 2015, 10:57 am

I'm so sorry this post came up for your sake [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but I think a lot of people will learn from it! Including myself. Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 19th January 2015, 2:42 pm

So sorry to hear this Cupcake. Just want to echo what all the others have said really. I hope it clears up quickly, and I would definitely lodge a complaint.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 19th January 2015, 7:41 pm

Hi Girls 

Thanks for all your replies. I've had to follow the advice of the NHS nurse at the walk in centre yesterday and have wiped the wound with salt water twice a day whilst taking the anti biotics. This morning I put some gauze over (which she advised was ok) as my incision is understandably a bit sensitive. This evening it was stuck to the hole with a bit of puss, which I had to soak off. I had no choice. I didn't want to rip it off. The hole looks ever so slightly bigger now which has distressed me even more. I've used the salt water and then ensured it's dried thoroughly. 

My surgeon wants to see me tomorrow, so i've got an appointment to see him at 8.30am. Cookie, I was told it was okay to use any moisturiser on my incisions from 2 weeks PO, which is what i've done. Now I know that this may have been wrong I feel really really upset. 

I just don't know what to do. I've had some discomfort in my boob today and I just want to know that everything is ok internally. So **naughty word** off, honestly  sad smile
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 19th January 2015, 8:43 pm

Can I ask who exactly told you re moisturising? The surgeon or a nurse? If it was a nurse, did you catch their name, or would you remember their face? If so I would definitely raise this specifically, I've never heard of any clinic advising that from 2wk, some places wont even let you shower at 2wk without inspection and approval. I find it incredibly irresponsible that they have told you that, especially for a private clinic like the spire.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next