Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

total disaster, everything is going wrong..

4 posters

Go down

total disaster, everything is going wrong..  Empty total disaster, everything is going wrong..

Post by Newstart2015 11th January 2015, 7:55 pm

ok so after rescheduling my Dec op to end of Jan, so I could have a chance to choose the implant size and type with the surgeon, I go to London Euston today to get a train for my consilt and all trains north are cancelled. I asked if someone could call me back but nobody did & so I have no idea where I stand. I was told there was no point taking the slow train from another station because the surgeon was flying out of the country...

I am meant to have my surgery at the end of this month and it takes 3 weeks minimum to order anything in, and apparently the surgeon has only approved 500-525cc's which makes no sense to me at all, as he had recommended HP or XHP anatomicals, and I can't find any that fits that size.. so does that mean he has since the consultation changed his mind & ordered rounds because initially I had some doubts about anatomicals because I didn't know enough about them at the time e & wasn't sure if they were right for me?

Have already paid my funds in full because I really trusted the surgeon and liked his suggestions to me, for my breasts & body, and I didn't think it would be such a big deal to agree implant size and type (I thought it was a bit strange to discuss with PCC rather than surgeon in person) but now that I have done more research, I think I know that I want a more natural look and fuller size, and don't want to go into surgery blind without knowing what I will have in me, and even what size I may be?.. I also need the surgeon's input on size and projection as I am not a cosmetic surgeon or plastic surgeon & presumably there are limits and reasons for going for certain sizes & projections over others.. 

And I want to go with the surgeon's initial recommendation for anatomicals, so do not want to compromise & go for rounds, especially now that my weight has stabilised at 56kgs.., and as I am 5 7' that means I am quite slim & I don't want to suffer any rippling in the future even if I am going under the muscle.

The surgeon is away on conference until end of the month, and because it's a big surgery chain, I can't talk directly to the surgeon to discuss or agree anything by phone or email. I wish I had taken up his initial offer to meet in London & talk over the phone but I went back to Bromsgrove for second consult instead of waiting to be contacted (because the first was only 10 mins long becuase my taxi got lost) & I don't know if that is the reason why things are so difficult now because perhaps he doesn't think I want to be contacted?.. 

I am so fed up I really like the surgeon's expertise & technique & thought he was a nice guy but can't help but think perhaps this is just a sign things are not meant to be & get a surgeon & hospital closer to home? I really need to have some clarity before my operation, I have had two ops because the first one I rushed in and went for hp rounds, and had to pay to change to round moderates a few years later and don't want to make the same mistake again..

I know I was very emotional at the start of my cosmetic surgery journey & freaked out a bit over having to decide myself on size and projection for the anatomicals because I didn't know enough about them and also didn't want to look fake, because I have waited for this op for a really long time, and wasn't sure which path my life would take (if I would stay married & 'trophy wife' or not, & therefore if I could afford lots of re-operations or not) or have to go back to work in an area like finance or law, but things have settled down a lot now, & I am financially for the rest of my life thankfully no matter what happens & happy with my decision to go up one cup size & happy with the decision to stick to anatomicals because I want a more natural look & natural upper slope. 

I just hope I can get things sorted, have found some amazing new surgeons through recommendations through friends/this board/social media but I don't want to start my journey all over again, or should I do that just to have a bit of normality & less drama? 

I've had a lot of trouble not hearing back from the PCC & I just want some clarity before the op & was shocked that my implant sizes were not ordered before the December op, I only hope this is because the information was not passed on or the surgeon thought he would play it safe because of my initial worries. Can I ask THG to pass on my personal details to the surgeon so we can talk & agree on implant size & type because otherwise I will have to reschedule the op again or cancel it & initially he offered to contact me, so I don't think that would be really out of the question now especially so close to the op? 

I have now rescheduled my op twice & it is starting to be the busy season for my work, I really don't know how much longer I can keep this going on for.. feeling upset & frustrated & really lost  disappoint
Newstart2015
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

total disaster, everything is going wrong..  Empty Re: total disaster, everything is going wrong..

Post by Newstart2015 11th January 2015, 8:09 pm

I was also so excited to be finally getting to the point of agreeing size & projection I joined instagram, on saturday, to see some other women's surgery journeys & results, sadly it looks like I am still a long way away :( but in case anyone is interested, my Instagram BA name is babybelle2015 you will need to request to see my photos as the account is private but that is fine for anyone from this board or surgeons etc. trying to be positive, let's hope tomorrow something works out, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going into surgery blind, or not even knowing what implant or size I am going for... 

really disappointed in the train service, myself for not allowing an extra hour travel just in case there was an emergency like today, and disappointed in THG if I am a little bit honest for not getting back to me today..
Newstart2015
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

total disaster, everything is going wrong..  Empty Re: total disaster, everything is going wrong..

Post by COOKIE 11th January 2015, 8:11 pm

I very much doubt the clinic will pass on your details. They may say they will but chances are they won't. 

Surgeons work at these commercial clinics rotating on a monthly basis, so, if you're wanting to see them, or contact them outside of the scheduled time within the clinic then you've got no chance. 

I'd personally contact reception. You're getting no-where with your PCC! So contact reception and explain the difficult position you're in. 

Ask them to Oder in the initial implants that were agreed between yourself and your surgeon. Explain there's been some kind of mistake and you want to be reassured that the implants advised are going to be the ones waiting for you when you go to the clinic.

Then EMAIL your PCC. Explain that due to having difficulties contacting her you've had to go through reception to get the original sizes ordered in ready for your surgery (state sizes and implant choice) and ask her to follow up your request by ensuring its all gone through for you and reception did as you asked. 

You've then asked reception to get it sorted and you have proof of trying to contact PCC, plus request of her checking everything is secured for you, so all should be well.

Call again in a couple of days if you haven't heard back yet from your PCC! Tell them due to lack of communication from PCC they are your only hope of knowing everything got ordered and is on its way ready for you.

Again after calling them, also EMAIL your PCC as well. 

Hopefully this should do the trick and don't worry about calling them at all. You call as many times as it takes to ensure everything is ready for you. 

I'm hoping however that your PCC gets her act into gear though and calls you back so you can get the whole thing sorted.  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 11th January 2015, 8:54 pm

Thg wont pass on your information, you won't be able to get hold of your surgeon directly through a commercial clinic. All you can do is as Cookie says above, and keep calling and emailing until you do get an answer. The other option is to postpone your surgery until you have met with your surgeon and 100% agreed on your implant.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 11th January 2015, 9:17 pm

Hopefully you will manage to contact someone so you can discuss the concerns you have regarding implants, shape & sizes soon.
As you have said in your post you want to make sure you are making the right choices with this surgery so postponing may have to be an option to allow you the time with your surgeon pre op to sort all these things out, better this than having regrets later. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Newstart2015 11th January 2015, 9:36 pm

Hi, I had problems before, I don't know if some of you remember, I had to decide on sizes for anatomicals with the PCC, so I did some research here and online in November? I emailed the PCC after all that painstaking research & found out in December that none of those anatomical sizes or implants had been ordered in. 

The surgeon seemed meticulous & a perfectionist, and was very much pushing for anatomicals, so I don't think he did this on purpose, I just think messages are not being passed on completely or they are trying to protect me from rotation, because that was something I was initially very worried about, but not so anymore after doing more research on anatomicals, and realising it would give the best result for my frame (slim, tall, not much upper pole fullness). 

I did tentatively ask for a proper consult in November but the PCC didn't get back to me and because of me trying to agree a separation with my husband at the time, I was under a lot of stress & didn't want to ask any more questions to the PCC as the ones I had asked had not been answered already..

I will try again to speak to someone at reception / the PCC and also email of course, but I think at this stage I need to see the surgeon again or speak on the phone or agree via email. If not, then either get a new surgeon or reschedule (again!)

I really wish I had taken Cookie's advice earlier & looked at some smaller establishments that are BAAPS registered where you can reach the surgeon directly. No matter how amazing the surgeon is, there is very little comfort if you can't get through to them or they can't access your information or communication :-(
Newstart2015
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 12th January 2015, 12:16 am

Does the surgeon work solely with THG ?  As sometimes surgeons work from various places, private hospitals & clinics , you could maybe check this out as another way of contacting him.
Hope everything works out, let us know how it all goes. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Newstart2015 12th January 2015, 1:12 pm

everything is fine, I spoke to the PCC today, she said, if I want to come back & see Dr Payne, I can see him at the end of the month, and that he would be happy to go for the anatomicals I discussed with the PCC at the last consult, in the sizes I want. 

Which is completely different from what I was told in December when the Dr was away because I was told he had only ordered in 500-525cc's & needed to sign off on any larger sizes & wouldn't agree 560cc anatomicals or even 590cc's but I think that's because they were really sweet & thought I should go for rounds, & not too big, because I was unsure about anatomicals & going bigger at the time for personal reasons (not wanting lots of reops, worried about rotation, worried about looking too big & fake, & if I would need to work in finance or law etc). 

So apparently now that is ok, I will change my op date (again!!!) to mid-Feb! just to make sure I can agree with the surgeon & get his opinion on size & projection for the anatomicals, & then also if it's not what I want, I have found some amazing surgeons, I feel really privileged for all the help & support from here & elsewhere. x x x x x  Heart Heart Heart
Newstart2015
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newstart2015 12th January 2015, 1:14 pm

I think this has to be the most complicated cosmetic surgery ever I will ever have in my life!! can't wait to have it done & over with!! ;-)
Newstart2015
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th January 2015, 2:59 pm

Glad you're all sorted now. :ok:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down