Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"sports" bra or just total"support" bra

+3
wales82
debsrich
annaliese76
7 posters

Go down

"sports" bra or just total"support" bra Empty "sports" bra or just total"support" bra

Post by annaliese76 24th October 2011, 9:10 pm

Hey girls, was wondering if my post op bras need to be proper sports support bras or if i can wear other types of support bras too. Obviously i realise they cant be underwired but have seen a lot of total support bras that aren't labelled "sports" bra but say they offer maximum support . Are these ok for post surgery as i have been hunting around and have found that a lot of sports bras actually only offer low to medium support and the nurse told me i must wear full support post op. xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

"sports" bra or just total"support" bra Empty Re: "sports" bra or just total"support" bra

Post by debsrich 24th October 2011, 9:15 pm

ooohh good question... i am pre-op so not much use- although I have wondered this same thing!!! x
debsrich
debsrich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 614

Back to top Go down

"sports" bra or just total"support" bra Empty Re: "sports" bra or just total"support" bra

Post by wales82 24th October 2011, 9:20 pm

I was advised to get the total support from M&S by the surgion and the nurse. The nurse that looked after me after my op even asked to borrow it to show another lady as her friend was going to get a bra for her.

I must admit they are not the sexiest of bras but they are very comfy and well worth spending the extra cash
wales82
wales82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 24th October 2011, 9:22 pm

Thanks Wales82 :) Can i ask what size implants u had ? How are you feeling today? hope all went well xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wales82 24th October 2011, 9:27 pm

I had 380 under. I was in so much pain after and still a little sore. Was quite sick after and through the night.

I was also sick after the car journey home and I missed the loo. Bless my OH wouldnot let me clean it up and he was gagging as he was cleaning I felt quite bad.
wales82
wales82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 24th October 2011, 9:33 pm

I got told high impact sports bras xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzy 24th October 2011, 10:11 pm

Hi Annaliese,

I have my BA a few days after you. Are you nervous, i'll be fine once I wake up after the GA just a little anxious about that. Anyway, I have just ordered the Macom bra which i've heard are really comfortable after a BA. They are expensive but i'm sure very worth it if they are as comfortable as others say they are. I have also ordered a Shock Absorber sports bra from ebay (brand new from a company called pure seduction) that is less than half the price than what they are sold for on other sites. This has support level 3. 1 is their lowest support and 4 is the highest.

Hope this helps! xxx
kizzy
kizzy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th October 2011, 9:27 am

Thanks girls i have got a couple of high impact sports bras so will probably go out and get another one today x Dont wanna get too many b4 as im really not sure wot size to get esp band width xx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 25th October 2011, 9:43 am

Hey, I was just told to get a sports bra or a support bra (I still have no idea what the difference is!!!) anyway, I took a Macom bra and 3 asda sports bras to hospital with me and the nurse chose the asda one for me after the op. It's comfy and supportive, she said that the surgeons thought they were good. Anyway they cost £4 each so I took 3 different sizes and also some bra extenders that I got from ebay for about £2, which meant I didn't have to worry so much about the band size, although I didn't end up needing them it was good to have peace of mind! (I'm going to to take back the bras that didn't fit and swap them for the right size)

With the back size, I don't know if anyone else has found this but I haven't had any swelling there at all. I measured myself yesterday and was the same as I was pre op! Maybe I'm just weird though as alot of other girls have said to get a bigger band size post op for the swelling! Hope this helps, happy shopping! xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 25th October 2011, 9:46 am

BTW congrats wales82 the girls look great! congrats
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th October 2011, 10:16 am

When is your op Kizzy and what implants are you having hun? xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th October 2011, 10:23 am

Thanks louisajane82. I went to asda yesterday and looked at the bras but put them back cos they said low support or light support cant remember which now! I think i will go back to get one cos my pcc told me that the supermarket ones were just as good so i have one from debenhams which is really high support /shock absorber and one high support from tesco but am defo gonna go back to asda now as the one you have on in ur avatar looks similar to the one i saw yesterday xxx can i ask what cup size u went for i was told get a D and a couple of DD's in a bandwidth bigger than my own. I wear a 32B but wear it on loosest hooks I can also wear a 34A so will prob get a 36 D as i already have couple of 34DD xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 25th October 2011, 10:40 am

Hey, the one in my Avatar is the asda one. I was wearing 34c/d before (depending on which shop and style of bra) and now I'm wearing the asda 34F. The asda ones come up alot bigger than shock absorber - I ordered one of those in 34 and it was way too small before the op, I sent it back to swap for a 36 but it hasn't arrived yet. I think asda must be much more generous on their sizing! If you wear normally 32 or 34 I would think an asda 36 is going to be quite big, but you can always take them back later on anyway... xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th October 2011, 10:50 am

Hey Kizzy , meant to say i'm not really too nervous just REALLY impatient and excited hehe x I am a little nervous as i am travelling up to London on my own on Saturday on the train and wont have anyone i know around me until im home the next day but ive been told that the staff at the Riverside are lovely so am trying to focus on the positive now (although occassionly get a flutter of butterflies!)xx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th October 2011, 10:52 am

Louisajane think i'll get a 34DD Asda one then:) thanks for the advice hun xx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 25th October 2011, 11:28 am

no worries hun! Don't worry about going up to Riverside on your own, I did that as well and the staff were so lovely and really made me comfortable and relaxed, just make sure you have a good book and a few mags to keep yourself occupied if you have to wait a bit xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th October 2011, 11:39 am

I think i've bought the newsagent out of mags hehe got everyone going i think :heehee: xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 25th October 2011, 11:44 am

lol, I was glad I was on a Sunday as I got to watch x factor, downton and TOWIE after my op!! I do get excited by the little things! It was only later I realised I'd missed come dine with me Hysterical xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th October 2011, 11:48 am

Hehe, Im glad i've got xfactor to watch too Hysterical xxxI'm actually looking forward to a night to myself hehe xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by louisajane82 25th October 2011, 11:51 am

I know exactly what you mean! This sounds ridiculous but I feel like I'm on holiday as haven't had any time off work since April, so I'm loving just chilling out all day! xx
louisajane82
louisajane82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzy 25th October 2011, 1:18 pm

Hi Annaliese,

I'm in on Monday 31st October, i'm getting 450cc extra high profile over. I'm getting excited too now, I will have to pack my bag!

Kizzy xxx
kizzy
kizzy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 25th October 2011, 3:09 pm

This time next week we will both have our new Flash yipee :)) xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down