Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tape taking off disaster....

5 posters

Go down

Tape taking off disaster.... Empty Tape taking off disaster....

Post by Ella88 22nd July 2014, 11:24 am

Meant to be taking my own tapes off this morning, as Cheshire is a 3 hour drive from my parents house where I'm staying. Righty came off fine and looks okay, lefty was a different story though, the ends of the stitches are attached to the tapes, and I'm meant to be snipping the ends of them to take the tapes off. I could see the stitch on the lefty but couldn't reach to snip it, and mum couldn't even see the stitch! Ended up having to book an appointment with a GP nurse for later today, because I currently have half a tape hanging off! Lefty incision doesn't look too great, so going up to Cheshire tomorrow to get it looked at - looks really gappy and there was green gunk on the tapes, non on the incision though thankfully! Lefty has been quite painful, especially round the incision, and I have a feeling there's a bit of infection in there. Mr McGeorge proudly told me 'I've never yet had an infection', so I'm feeling a bit bad if it is infected!
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Tape taking off disaster.... Empty Re: Tape taking off disaster....

Post by Charlii 22nd July 2014, 9:06 pm

sounds like a right mare! I was terrified when hubs had t change my tapes during week 2, I cant imagine it was nice having to do it yourself the first time. Hopefully the nurse helped and alls clear tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Franbo 23rd July 2014, 1:54 pm

How are things today? Hope you've managed to get it sorted and all is ok.

Franbo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella88 24th July 2014, 4:18 pm

Went and saw a nurse at the local GPs on Tuesday afternoon, who was super lovely and got the tapes off for me! Apparently the stitch had attached itself pretty thoroughly between two bits of tape, nurse said she wasn't surprised I'd had trouble snipping it! She gave me some lovely comfy padded dressings to pop in my bra so my incisions didn't rub, too. 

Went up to Cheshire yesterday, the nurse said the wounds looked okay, the lefty is just being slower to heal, and apparently I don't need to worry about the green gunk...hmm...

Mr McGeorge came in and had a look, he seemed pretty happy with them, and also showed me my before photos, quite a difference! He said he doesn't need to see me again unless I have any problems. Apparently I'm allowed to shower, but I'm too scared to yet!
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Franbo 24th July 2014, 7:31 pm

Glad to hear you managed to get the tape off (with a little help!) no wonder you were finding it difficult!

Sounds like it should be nothing to worry about then if they're not concerned but maybe just keep an eye on it if you're not sure? 

I was given the all clear to shower too, Im desperate to but I know what you mean about being scared!!!
Franbo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 25th July 2014, 7:24 am

Oh do it, it's wonderful! They're not going to fall off! Just soap above the boob and let the water rinse over it. Then use a cool hairdryer to make sure they're super dry after.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by samlr87 28th July 2014, 5:52 pm

How long after ba are you meant to wait then to shower?
samlr87
samlr87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by Franbo 28th July 2014, 6:17 pm

I was allowed to have shower once the dressings came off which was on day 7.
Franbo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 28th July 2014, 7:44 pm

It depends on what method they've used to stitch you up! I had dissolvable stiches and glue so could shower once home but I think if you have regular stitches you need to wait longer. Best check!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down