Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bottomed out but want larger implants??? help!

+3
Karen999
mirren001
biggerboobs13
7 posters

Go down

bottomed out but want larger implants??? help! Empty bottomed out but want larger implants??? help!

Post by biggerboobs13 10th October 2014, 12:00 pm

Hi All.

Are there any ladies that have bottomed out with overs? if so how do they fix the problem??

I am 10/11 yrs post op with overs 300cc low profile, I met my PS this wk about removal and replacement for larger implants as I felt mine were getting old etc, and he told me my right one has bottomed out and I could only realistically go 100-150cc more MAX as they'll sag quickly :-/

I didn't really ask how to fix the bottoming out issue though, shrug can anyone shed any light on the revision of bottoming out with overs please, panic

Thank you  all very much xxxxxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

bottomed out but want larger implants??? help! Empty Re: bottomed out but want larger implants??? help!

Post by mirren001 11th October 2014, 3:59 pm

Hiya,
Sorry to,hear you have this complication  Hug
I haven't had personal experience of bottoming out so can't offer advice.
Different surgeons will use different techniques when doing surgery & I would imagine it will apply to sorting your bottoming out issue.
Some surgeons use the existing capsule to strengthen the breast crease, others use internal sutures or a mixture off both and so on... Your surgeon will be able to explain in more detail at your next appointment what technique he will use.
Bottoming out can happen for a number of reasons, when it happens early post op it is usually a result of the breast pocket being over disected / made too large or when having had breast crease lowered,it can happen over  time (more often with larger/heavier implants ) where the implant descends below the breast crease due to the natural breast crease/ tissue weakening.
There is never an ideal time to have a complication but better that it has happened now when you are planning your next BA than a few years down the line having had them done.
As with planning 1st BA it's recommended that you have a few consultations to explore all options available to you.
Hopefully others will be along to offer more advice from personal  experience.
Let us know how you get on. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

bottomed out but want larger implants??? help! Empty Re: bottomed out but want larger implants??? help!

Post by Karen999 28th November 2014, 6:01 pm

have you looked into strattice? i have just had strattice placed followed a few too many pocket revision surgeries, it asks as an internal extra support - like a sling. the downside is the cost tho
Karen999
Karen999
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th November 2014, 6:25 pm

Have you only met with the one surgeon? I'd say definitely get a few more opinions, as things like this, they tend to advise based on their skills. I guess one option would be to maybe switch to unders? Might provide more support. But talk to a few more surgeons to get a better idea.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2014, 8:17 pm

Bottoming out is generally fixed with a pocket revision. It's something generally linked to partials as the muscle holds onto the implant as the skin sags over it, but it's not unheard of with overs and after 10/11 years the skin has obviously sagged over that time and your surgeon is concerned about your skins elasticity if they put larger implants in for you. They may well have your best intentions at heart not wanting you back on the operating table for example because your breasts have started to sag again and you're unhappy with the aesthetics of them. 

I would like to add if you haven't already that you do seek the advise of a BAAPS surgeon. You can find one in your area HERE Give You
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th November 2014, 8:31 pm

Hi
Thanks everyone for your advice :-)) x
I've seen 5 cosmetic surgeons so far, 3 with spire mr riaz,mr platt & mr Spyrou , 1 with THG  mr sforza & 1 at transform mr Clarke !! Lol I like to get a good opinion.
Spire surgeons said only allowed 100cc-150cc increase MAX but others said a bit more but I think I'll go with the opinion of the BAAPS surgeon.
Karen 999 yes I looked in to strattice but was quoted around8-10,000!!! With patric malluchi who's meant to be fab! But bit too much for me, :-(
Where did you get yours and who did it Hun ?

Thanks ladies for your advice xxxxx
Thanks to cookie too, I've only just seen your post!, yes I think my skin probably had it during pregnancy ! I'll take my surgeons advice I think! :-) x
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen999 28th November 2014, 8:36 pm

i was lucky enough to get it covered and paid for by Spire Manchester but unlucky enough for things to go wrong so many times!! since sep 12 - I've had bottoming out, collapse of pocket, scar tissue, rippling etc etc - i think I'm a very rare case but spire has looked after me well and been very quick to rearrange revisions.  strattice was a last attempt  to reinforce my 'weak' breast pockets...sometimes I feel like i could write a book on breast surgery :)
Karen999
Karen999
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2014, 8:46 pm

You're welcome gorgeous. Hug You sound like you're being very sensible -5 surgeons! You're certainly leaving nothing to chance are you lol.

Looking forward to following your journey. Which surgeon did you choose in the end?  Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th November 2014, 9:28 pm

Aw karen999 sound like you've had a terrible time :-( sounds like spire are good to go with though seeing as they looked after you,
Hope everything goes ok for you now xx
I've been given the choice of furries but prefer allergan I think ? :-/ too many choices out there for me to decide! Lol
Again, Thanks for your advice xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2014, 9:36 pm

Karen999 wrote:i was lucky enough to get it covered and paid for by Spire Manchester but unlucky enough for things to go wrong so many times!! since sep 12 - I've had bottoming out, collapse of pocket, scar tissue, rippling etc etc - i think I'm a very rare case but spire has looked after me well and been very quick to rearrange revisions.  strattice was a last attempt  to reinforce my 'weak' breast pockets...sometimes I feel like i could write a book on breast surgery :)
Meet ha mate Karen lol. Been through almost every bloody complication there is lol. Unfortunately for me though I originally chose Transform, a large commercial clinic that was happy enough to take my money, but not so much when I needed some back through aftercare!

I'm having this next and 6th surgery through Spire this time. I've done so much research my head is fit to burst full of boob info haha. But one thing that's come out from all I've seen from being here over the last 5 years is the difference between private clinic and commercial ones. There's no contest as far as I'm concerned. It's private all the way and it's great for me reading how well you've been looked after.  :ok:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 28th November 2014, 9:39 pm

Cookie I've seen that many surgeons it's harder to choose ! Lol
I had my heart set on mr Spyrou at spire due to his expertise in the nhs breast reconstruction/complications etc & he's offering me a mammogram due to Family hist.
BUT after seeing your post I'm tempted to go & see mr mcgeorge!?
help
I think I've seen too many and it's made my decision harder :-/ Im scared I have my redo & get complications when I've lived in harmony with my current implants for 11yrs, BUT I have one a bit dodgy now & I'd LOVE bigger boobs!!
Think I'll go see me Spyrou for the 3rd time & just book my date
Thanks again ladies :-) xxxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen999 28th November 2014, 9:44 pm

biggerboobs13 wrote:Aw karen999 sound like you've had a terrible time :-( sounds like spire are good to go with though seeing as they looked after you,
Hope everything goes ok for you now xx
I've been given the choice of furries but prefer allergan I think ? :-/ too many choices out there for me to decide! Lol
Again, Thanks for your advice xxx
if it helps.....  I HATED having the furries - only had them from May 14 but felt like 2 rocks stuck to my chest and i still had terrible rippling.  changed to Allergan last week (with strattice) xx
Karen999
Karen999
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen999 28th November 2014, 9:51 pm

Cookie, I can't imagine how distressing that is (its distressed me enough having things go wrong  so many times but can't imagine having to fight for revision care.  I thought maybe its also because my problems pretty much started from day 1. My surgeon also arranged for 2 of his colleagues (also Spire plastic surgeons) to confer and give their opinion and i have had a 2nd plastic surgeon at the last few surgeries. Good luck with Spire!
Karen999
Karen999
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2014, 9:56 pm

biggerboobs13 wrote:Cookie I've seen that many surgeons it's harder to choose ! Lol
I had my heart set on mr Spyrou at spire due to his expertise in the nhs breast reconstruction/complications etc & he's offering me a mammogram due to Family hist.
BUT after seeing your post I'm tempted to go & see mr mcgeorge!?
help
I think I've seen too many and it's made my decision harder :-/ Im scared I have my redo & get complications when I've lived in harmony with my current implants for 11yrs, BUT I have one a bit dodgy now & I'd LOVE bigger boobs!!
Think I'll go see me Spyrou for the 3rd time & just book my date
Thanks again ladies :-) xxxx
Do check he offers the ASC insurance. Mr McGeorge pioneered this insurance but not all baaps surgeons are up to speed with it yet. 

It offers 2 years insurance covering all complications. Mr McGeorge does add the cost within his pricing but some surgeons I've seen do charge additionally for it (about £150-200) it's worth having for sure if Mr Spyrou has opted into it. 

Can I ask you girls who went with spire. Did you pay your consultation fee to the surgeon on the day?

It's just that Mr McGeorge said he would waiver my consultation fee and I last thing I'd want is to be charged this at a later date. 

I called the pricing dept yesterday and they said the amount on the letter was for all the hospital fees (£5250) and it's the surgeon who bills for everything else. 

Am I missing any hidden charges? And when is the balance due?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen999 28th November 2014, 10:57 pm

i never had to pay a consultation fee, just had to wip out my credit card when i turned up for the initial surgery!
Karen999
Karen999
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th November 2014, 11:16 pm

Oh fab, that's what I thought Karen. Thank you for your  help. Give You
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 29th November 2014, 3:48 pm

I had to pay £150 upfront to see mr mcgeorge but didn't pay with James Murphy, it was added to my surgery costs. Karen, did james get involved in any of your revisions? I'm just asking as should I need any post op corrections (hopefully not) it would nice to know I won't have to fight for it.
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen999 29th November 2014, 4:02 pm

i actually think it was John Murphy i saw not James. Confusing as they are both plastic surgeons at Spire!
Karen999
Karen999
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th November 2014, 9:43 pm

Emma71 wrote:I had to pay £150 upfront to see mr mcgeorge but didn't pay with James Murphy, it was added to my surgery costs. Karen, did james get involved in any of your revisions? I'm just asking as should I need any post op corrections (hopefully not) it would nice to know I won't have to fight for it.
Cheers Emma. I've half spent the money on prezzies now so I'll go sick I'm told I owe it at a later date lol.

Certainly making me feel a lot more relaxed now knowing its paid upfront so the fact he 'said' he waivered the fee means he actually meant it. Give You
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 30th November 2014, 7:09 pm

Thanks for letting me know about how u found the furries Karen 999 :-) I'll def stick with the allergans now I think !.

Thanks to cookie too, I'll check with me Spyrou if he's in the ASC insurance . As for the consultation fee I paid mine after my appointment as I left spire, it was £120 I think ??
Hopefully I'll get more time with him as I felt a bit rushed last time as the clinic was really busy! :-/

Suppose if I'm not happy I can always go & see mr mcgeorge :-)
Xx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th November 2014, 7:36 pm

biggerboobs13 wrote:Suppose if I'm not happy I can always go & see mr mcgeorge :-)
Xx
Heeheeee.

He's lovely hun and would be happy to give you all the time you needed, no matter how many ladies might be waiting. You're paying for his time and i think for BAAPS surgeon Mr Spyrou was totally out of order and should know better than to rush you. 

You know how long I've been stalking Mr McGeorge lol and I have to say, he more than exceeded my expectations. I've recommended him to a few ladies here and they 'all' have nothing but the utmost respect for him and have been very happy with his work :ok: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 5th December 2014, 5:45 pm

Hi cookie,
I've booked to see me Spyrou next week so I will update you once I've seen him :-)
Xxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th December 2014, 8:03 pm

Looking forward to reading how you get on sweetheart. Give You
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 12th January 2015, 7:18 pm

So glad I've just read this post. The last few days I've really been hit by the complications that can occur, so glad I've chosen Spire now.. Thank you! xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down