Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Company or Private Hospital?

+2
Charlii
SammiH
6 posters

Go down

Big Company or Private Hospital? Empty Big Company or Private Hospital?

Post by SammiH 30th April 2014, 12:14 pm

Hi ladies,
I've been doing my research into surgeons and I'm lucky that there seem to be a fair few to choose from in Hampshire. I'm looking for an enlargement btw.
I thought to narrow it down I need to choose between a big company, like Harley/Transform Vs a hospital clinic like Spire/Nuffield.
How do you choose between them? What's the pros and cons of each? Any opinions welcome!
Sam x
SammiH
SammiH
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Big Company or Private Hospital? Empty Re: Big Company or Private Hospital?

Post by Charlii 30th April 2014, 12:39 pm

The main difference is going to be money. Private will cost more. BUT then you get what you pay for. Saying that, a lot of girls have had a very good experience with commercial clinics, myself included. But then Ive not had a complication. For me, personally, I admit I wasn't fully informed when I booked, and when it does come to go again, I'm more likely to go BAAPS and private. But that's just me and my choice.

You've got to look more at the surgeon and the aftercare, rather than whether they are commercial/private. You could have the most amazing private surgeon in the world, but if you don't click, then you cant trust him with your body. Get in a lot of consultations, and then you can make an informed decision.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo85 30th April 2014, 5:17 pm

I used BMI, I found the surgeon through research he does BAs at two private hospitals and I went to the one which was most suitable for me. I also had a consultation with transform and they were more expensive than my surgeon. I also stayed overnight and it was still cheaper than transform x
Lolo85
Lolo85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 30th April 2014, 7:40 pm

Hey, 

I just went with recommendations for my surgeon ( he has a website ) works from two nuffield hospitals, also with  mine I told them I had a quote from another clinic around £500 cheaper than what nuffeild quoted and they virtually matched it.  
At first I wasn't too sure about my surgeon, but after the letter came thanking me for going to see him I thought what the hell if he takes the time to write to every client after the consultation then he must be ok. 
Two of my friends had  used transform and the hospital group but as they were in birmingham or manchester if I had any complications or worries I couldn't go see my surgeon that easily whereas being 20mins from home the nuffield was ideal.  Also check what aftercare you get.

The look I have got now is a natural one -iwanted people to wonder has she hasn't she had a boob job, my advice i go to several consultations and see which surgeon you click with.
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 30th April 2014, 7:58 pm

There are pros and cons to both. 
Things what you want to consider is:
- aftercare (length, what is covered and what not) Some privates only offer 1 year but average is about 3 years, when all costs are covered. Big commercial clinics offer also "lifetime" or 10 year warranty which will cover the cost of new implants should they rupture but you are still left with hospital fees.
- surgeons experience and qualifications ask questions at consultations and ask to see their work. 

My advice is to see as many surgeons as you can see commercial clinics and also private- MyBreast offer consultations with BAAPS/BAPRAS registered surgeons for £25. This way you can hear various surgeons opinions and surgery plans.

I went with Transform but only because I wanted a specific surgeon, who has a great reputation and is very skilled in general and breast surgery. He is not a BAAPS/BAPRAS registered but because he does lots of breast and cancer surgery I trusted his 30 years of experience. I had consultations with private surgeons as well so I can compare. Some commercial consultations felt rushed and PCCs were pushy but don't listen to the advice of PCCs they are not medics.

Never rush into booking. Don't take discounts from PCCs as incentive to book there and then. You need time to think. I ended up booking 3 months after the initial consultation at Transform and then booked only month ahead and still got offered a last minute discount, which I was then happy to take as I had already made my mind up who I  wanted to operate on me.
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 2nd May 2014, 6:00 am

I think it best to find your surgeon and go privately,  it's their reputation then and if singles wrong they seem more willing to put there Work right from what I've seen on here.  Big clinics like transform have aftercare but u may find it hard to get revisions if u need to.  I only had my surgery in Dec but I'm planning ahead, saving for if I need re Work or when I have them changed in ten years  I'm going to choose private. I wasn't aware you could really when I looked,  I hadn't found this site pre op
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by SammiH 2nd May 2014, 5:20 pm

Thanks for your advice ladies. 
I have now booked a consultation for mid May for a surgeon who works for Spire and Nuffield.
Exciting!
SammiH
SammiH
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down