Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Company during consultations..?

+3
mrsball
mais04
Ftmum1986
7 posters

Go down

Company during consultations..? Empty Company during consultations..?

Post by Ftmum1986 18th December 2012, 4:06 pm

Hey girls

Hope you are all well. I have a very supportive husband who knows that I want a BA in the not to distant future but when i asked him about coming to consultations with me he wasn't sure if it was appropriate, basically he ultimately wants it to be my decision but is happy to be with me if I want him there.

So i'm just wondering what you lovely ladies did at the consultation stage? Did your partners/SO's come with you or did you go alone? I'm worried that if i go alone that I won't be able to remember everything and ask all my questions!

Ftmum1986
Ftmum1986
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Company during consultations..? Empty Re: Company during consultations..?

Post by mais04 18th December 2012, 4:10 pm

I went alone to my first 2 wth different surgeons because my mum had my babies and OH was working. But would have liked to have one of them there although was fine, I then ended up going back to try on sizes and took my mum for her opinion while OH had babies. I didn't want OH to just get excited by e biggest size so thought my mum would be a better advisor :heehee: definitely take a notepad either way to write down everything you want to remember :) xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 18th December 2012, 4:15 pm

It's a personal choice wetaher you feel comfatable doing it alone, but it's nice to have someone there as you say to take notes and take it in too, not only that it may help your oh understand a bit more about it .

Surgeons see lots of women along with their oh Hun, or mums or a friend x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 18th December 2012, 4:15 pm

Hi Ftmum. I guess this is a personal preference. Some ladies will like to do this on their own and others not. I attended everything on my own for my first BA and got no support from my hubby (thankfully he disappeared not long after!) :heehee: I actually don't remember it being a lovely experience like my 2nd one.

The second one was much different - hubby no.2 very involved. Came to consultations, helped decided on size, helped make up my mind about nipple lift, and has really been there for me all the way. So my 2nd BA has been a much more pleasurable experience without a doubt. Ultimately everything has been my decision, but to have someone there to help & support you, for me has been brilliant. He has also been amazing post op because he has understood the process and everything I've been through - we've been through it together. He also loves them too Hug x
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 518

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 18th December 2012, 4:16 pm

I would also say that my surgeon involved my hubby completely and spoke to us both as a couple rather than only to me. He felt very comfortable with him x
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 518

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 18th December 2012, 4:23 pm

I took my boyfriend along first time and he got to ask questions too (as he will be the main one looking after me) and then took my mum along to the second consultation for another opinion on the size (knew mum would give me an honest answer!) Company during consultations..? 4239681551xxx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 349

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th December 2012, 4:42 pm

I think if your husband would like to go and you're happy for him to be there its best he is with you hun.

Being with you your husband too can also take in everything this surgery entails. Often at consultations you can get carried away with the excitement and walk out forgetting everything the surgeon has said to you, this is were your husband steps in and can remind you of all the things you may have forgot.

It also gives your husband too the opportunity to ask any questions he might be concerned about also. Although hubby's say its up to us and they'll stand by us, this is very scary for them. The woman they love is going to have major surgery! And they try to put that behind them to support you but they have fears too.

Discussing size also with your husband there.... I know for me, although I had this surgery done for me only, I also wanted my husbands approval of them too. Is him I want to ultimately impress so I wanted to include him. Kind of making them as much his in my choice as mine (it was really all my choice but I made him believe he was included lol). My hubby did feel a little awkward sitting there when the surgeon was assessing my boobs, but we had a giggle together about that later.

Your husband is also aware of the recovery you need too after listening at the consultation. You can go through all this with the surgeon so your hubby will know exactly what care you'll need after.

Is entirely your decision though babe. If you'd rather go alone you'll be just fine. Take a notebook with you so you can write down the surgery plan for yourself so you don't forget anything later. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by vixylyx 18th December 2012, 4:53 pm

I took my OH along to all my consultations, he was really helpful and suportative. The surgon I picked was the one that spoke to both of us and took the time to listen to my wants. My OH was helpful with the sizing as well, he knew what I wanted and didn't let me settle for less than what I wanted.
vixylyx
vixylyx
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Ftmum1986 19th December 2012, 10:21 am

Thank you all so much for your responses. I would def like for him to be there for support and another pair of ears!! At the end of the day he knows me better than anyone so he is the best person to bring along!

Thanks so much :)
Ftmum1986
Ftmum1986
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down