Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time off work? some advice pls!!

+7
rachelw287
kdeee
Princessgem
Lolo85
Bigbusty
mrsball
Wee Lou
11 posters

Go down

Time off work? some advice pls!! Empty Time off work? some advice pls!!

Post by Wee Lou 14th April 2014, 6:03 pm

Hi you lovelies, ok im still goin though process of consultations, but I am getting my boobs done this summer, I need your advice if that's ok...
Ok so I work as a beauty therapist in a health club and do mainly massage (tends to be more deep tissue rather than aromatherapy) its hard work at best of times. And then there is lots of waxing which uses arms...So my boss was asking today how long I need off as our summer months are busiest. I said I imagine 2 weeks, however I know some girls cant move there arms up even after 2 weeks? or so iv been told!! shrug 
Do you girls feel I could be ok after 2 wks to go back? can yous hoover, clean window etc after 2 wks? LOL

I just need an idea of recovery, as if I need to il take more time off

Thank you for your time xxx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Time off work? some advice pls!! Empty Re: Time off work? some advice pls!!

Post by mrsball 14th April 2014, 6:17 pm

No lifting anything heavy, or hoovering or exerting your chest before 6 weeks. 
You won't need 6 weeks off however be aware of what you will and won't be able to do at first . Waxing should be ok at 2/3 weeks however deep tissue massages may need a good 4 or even 6 weeks before resuming them. 

Is there more administrative duties you could do in the few weeks you go back eg on reception? Doing more manicures , nail paints etc instead of the heavier stuff? 

Just remember you're paying a lot of money for these new boobs you don't want to go spoiling them or your healing by doing stuff too early. 
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 14th April 2014, 6:21 pm

Thank you. I was hoping my boss would allow me to do these other easier jobs like nails, spray tans, and as you say reception.. im thinkin I shld jst take more time off to be safe.
Its irritating me some people now beginning to give me that 'oooh its a big surgery will you handle it' etc ! well its something iv thought of for 10 yrs but suppose theres always going to be some against it eh? and iv noticed its people that like their boobs so they don't get it either haha xx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th April 2014, 6:30 pm

Well he/she will have to allow for you to do lighter duties. Even just for a few weeks. 
It's up to you how you feel and if you can allowed or afford to take 3 /4 weeks off? 
Also some can only just get back driving after 2weeks. So take that into account too. 

Also a lot of people are quite ignorant (still) about Bas. 
as for the 'doubters' negative people take no notice, don't let anyone rain on your parade ! People will always have an opinion on everything but ultimately it's only yours what counts ! 
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbusty 14th April 2014, 7:34 pm

That's excellent advice Mrsball has given you.

I know at 4 weeks I was still in quite a bit of discomfort and I only managed to start driving again after 4 weeks.  Luckily my job is very light duties so I only took 10 days off as my surgeon advised me to do.
Bigbusty
Bigbusty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 14th April 2014, 7:49 pm

yes I really appreciate this advice and iv already decided on more time off now  :ok: I need to find a thread on all this dual plane, anatomicals etc as all these terms are new to me!!
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo85 14th April 2014, 8:09 pm

I'm a teacher so I waited for Easter so I could have two weeks off. I was really worried about work so I've over planned for work and told one person who I work with who's offered to pick up and take me home if I can't drive. I haven't driven yet and I've been taking it easy but I feel fine now. Tight in places but I feel like I could be back at work now. Obviously I'm very early on yet and everyone's different xx
Lolo85
Lolo85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 14th April 2014, 8:39 pm

That's great Lolo85 seems like ur surgery went really well! yeah I know iv no idea how il be xx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo85 14th April 2014, 8:50 pm

It's a little daunting because you don't know how you will be. I was in a real state of panic just before the op but the girls on here made me feel better and reminded me of pain killers. I thought I wouldn't be able to wash my hair or anything because I was having unders, but wasn't anywhere near as bad as I imagined. It's best to know how bad it can be just incase though. You should be fine with two weeks off though, save the rest of your holidays for showing them off x
Lolo85
Lolo85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 14th April 2014, 9:32 pm

Agree with mrsball, I'm almost 2 weeks post op and had overs (supposed to recover slightly quicker, less painful) and I am struggling with a lot of things still. I wouldn't feel comfortable hoovering yet, nor have I lifted my son yet who's only 6 months, I let people pass him to me onto my knee but that's about it so far. I couldn't imagine doing a deep tissue massage seriously hon don't risk that!!  I think I underestimated how I would feel afterwards but you do need to be careful babes xxx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 14th April 2014, 9:35 pm

I had overs and went back to work day 10 but I couldn't do sports massage comfortably until week 3 and only did couple on that week.  and leaning onto arms was tricky and I am very good at using my body weight to minimise pressure on my arms and shoulders. I work with hands on too Hun and I would say 2 weeks minimum off work. If you do lots of massage then 3.I do also acupuncture and other things which kept me going until I was comfortable treating. Was pretty much back to normal week 4. Still odd twinge though. I was told if I was to have unders I would look 6 weeks off work!!! Unthinkable I know but I can see why now. Xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 14th April 2014, 10:19 pm

I'm  teacher too and I have given myself just over two weeks. I drove today on day ten and it was fine, reverse was a bit tricky and closing the boot. X
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 14th April 2014, 11:09 pm

I'm almost 8 weeks post op. I still find scrubbing pots or cleaning tiles give me uncomfortable twinges.

But everyone heals differently and maybe if your having overs it won't be as bad. X
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by B'sboobs 15th April 2014, 6:34 am

I'll be 5 weeks this Friday (I had unders) and still find I have to be super careful. I drove after 2 weeks but it was only locally and 5th gear was a bit sore. I think you really won't know until you've had your BA as everybody is different. xx
B'sboobs
B'sboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th April 2014, 9:48 am

great advice from above

If you told them that yo were having surgery, you dont need to say what and get a line from the surgeon, they will hopefully understand and give you lighter duties meaning that you dont need to take so much time off?

I really did struggle after my first BA but was a bit better after my reop xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheekymich 15th April 2014, 9:57 am

Ive booked two weeks off and still expecting not to be able to do alot of things for a while after...luckily i work 5 mins drive from hme so will only be local..think i may have tp pay my son to do my garden and hsewrk...ha cheek of him haha x
Cheekymich
Cheekymich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 15th April 2014, 6:31 pm

kdeee what does cyc mean huni? its next to your 280..you all look so amazing! im hoping I can get overs, but I know if I get unders I will deal with it, and probs spend a lot of time on here once im stuck at home haha x
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down