Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time off work

+6
BlondeBarbie
missmarie60
cakey_baby
stef
moonmar
pinkbabe
10 posters

Go down

Time off work Empty Time off work

Post by pinkbabe 1st May 2009, 1:36 pm

Hi girls

I was just wondering how long you have all taken off work? I was thinking a week and seen as I only have a weeks holiday left at work I'm really hoping this will be enough! I suppose I could ask for a few extra days unpaid but I dont know if I will be expected to make it up. I dont want to tell anyone why I need it off so I was planning on saying I'm going away (nowhere hot though or they'll expect a suntan) Hysterical

I can't get a sick note as I've been off a few times in the last 6months and have had a sick note recently for something else, so I dont want to push my luck! Rolling Eyes

I'm having overs and my job isnt physical the only thing is its about a 20min drive away in an out the way place so I've got to drive there. Its also a part time job 20hours a week evenings and saturdays

Do you think a week will be enough or should I try and get a little extra even if I have to make it up a week or two later?

Thanks xxx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Time off work Empty Re: Time off work

Post by moonmar 1st May 2009, 1:50 pm

Normally a week is fine, but I don't know about the driving as I don't have a car... I think some of the girls attempted driving just after a few days and some waited for much longer... however with overs you should have less of a problem.
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by stef 1st May 2009, 2:23 pm

I had my op on a Wednesday and was back in work Monday I was fine. xxx
stef
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 1st May 2009, 2:26 pm

I had overs and was never in any pain just discomfort so i would say you will be fine

xx
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by missmarie60 1st May 2009, 3:24 pm

i'm milking it a bit and taking 3 weeks off on the sick, never been off sick before and get full pay so 'why not?'

i'm 10 days post-op now and went to drive my car for the first time today and it would'nt start :evil: but i'm sure i will be ok driving when i get it started.

i had overs and still a bit achy so i'm glad i have'nt gone back yet to be honest, i think it depends really on what line of work you do.
only you will know yourself how you feel.

love marie x x x
missmarie60
missmarie60
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 1st May 2009, 3:44 pm

I would say 2 weeks cos your not supposed to drive til 2 weeks post op x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ellie 1st May 2009, 6:25 pm

I had a week off, returned last Tuesday & today feel like I've run a marathon & my boobs are probably a bit more tender than they would have been if I'd stayed off but needs must eh?

Ellie
x
Miss Ellie
Miss Ellie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by babeedoll27 1st May 2009, 7:07 pm

I had 2 weeks off and actually went back to work before I'd had my dressings off cos my appointment was delayed by the snow!
I'm a hairdresser so my work is quite physical on the arms, but I have to say I was fine... I just took it easy on strenuous blow-drying... but I really managed ok, which I was pleased about.
I drove just before 2 weeks too, I don't drive to work (as I live above my salon) but I was going mad being stuck in! The only thing about driving was finding I could feel my boobs between my arms, which was a new sensation! Flash
Also, I found I had to "feed" the wheel thru my hands (like a learner!) as I couldn't cross my hands over, but that gets to be less of a problem as your boobs soften.

I would say you'll be fine... just take it steady driving..give yourself plenty of time. As for work..if its not strenuous, it shouldn't be a problem. Wear a good supportive bra, and rest when you get home, and you'll be fine. You'll know if you do too much..just listen to your body.

Good Luck, hun!

BBD xxx
babeedoll27
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 1st May 2009, 7:09 pm

I could have gone back to work (I'm in admin) a week after my op, I took two weeks off though cos I was worried about being crushed with the commute.

You should be fine after a week, but it's one of those things where you have to wait and see, like the girls have said, some heal faster and feel better than others.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 1st May 2009, 10:17 pm

.x. I'm a student so uni day is slightly different from working but I took about 8days off before going back to lectures. This was partly because it was a 10minute walk to uni from home and I wasn't quite feeling up to it, partly because my antibiotics made me feel permenantly sick for a week and the painkillers made me sleepy!!! If your job is reasonably sedate I would say base when you go back on your general well being and how you feel, no point going into work if you can't concentrate or feel tired. Recovery time is totally different for everyone, I felt almost normal as soon as I stopped taking the painkillers and finished the antibiotics!!! Just go back when you feel ready as you are the only one that can judge that.

With the driving I drove to my first check up at 9days, about a 20 minute drive each way and felt ok with it, was a bit strange when turining sharp corners but not painful just 'wierd' chest feeling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down