Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much time did you take off work?

+8
vicks
703b7
Kat4
MozElle83
roxanne
steph999
Aurora1979
angellauren
12 posters

Go down

How much time did you take off work? Empty How much time did you take off work?

Post by angellauren 23rd January 2012, 11:36 am

Or, if your pre BA, how much time are you planning to take off from work?

I work in an office and have 11 days off including weekends and excluding surgery day itself!
I'm thinking of quitting my bar job as I'm going to need to take at least a month off I would have thought which is a lot to ask for so thinking of dropping it altogether so I can enjoy my weekends throughout the summer and maybe pick it back up if I need to come September/October time!

How about you guys?
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

How much time did you take off work? Empty Re: How much time did you take off work?

Post by Aurora1979 23rd January 2012, 12:00 pm

My Surgery was Saturday 21st and I go back to work on 31st so have 9 days not including surgery day to recover. Have also taken the following Monday off so that I have 2 x 4 day weeks post surgery.

I work in an office so should be ok. I have asked to flex my hours though so I can work early's so I can avoid peak time trains/tubes
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

How much time did you take off work? Empty Re: How much time did you take off work?

Post by steph999 23rd January 2012, 12:07 pm

Im planing on going back to uni tomorrow (day 4) which should be fine, my only worry is carrying my bag there as its a 30 min walk and will have to stay 9-4, hopefully be fine
xx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 23rd January 2012, 12:14 pm

Steph perhaps you can make an exception, and only bring paper and pen to take notes for a few days. I suppose this would depend on the particular courses you have that day, but leave as much of your folders and books at home for a little time. You can add the notes you took to your folders when you get home. I remember too well how heavy some of this stuff could get without surgery, plus you have unders. Seriously, it's not worth risking. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 23rd January 2012, 12:24 pm

My op was on the 15th and I go back into work on the 26th. The majority of my work is office based but there will be some areas of the plant I can't access (climbing up ladders n stuff) but I reckon I can just ask someone to help me out on those occassions. My biggest concern was the drive to and from work, but I got in the car yesterday and it wasn't an issue.
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 23rd January 2012, 12:26 pm

angellauren - think you doin the right thing to give up (even if only for the month) the bar work - if its in an old man type place like where I used to work - pulling a pint would be murder on your new bits How much time did you take off work? 199385

Mozelle83 - it was reversing that I struggled with, we've a chuffing big car (4 kids) and so it took some getting used to.

x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 23rd January 2012, 12:30 pm

Kat4 wrote:angellauren - think you doin the right thing to give up (even if only for the month) the bar work - if its in an old man type place like where I used to work - pulling a pint would be murder on your new bits How much time did you take off work? 199385

Mozelle83 - it was reversing that I struggled with, we've a chuffing big car (4 kids) and so it took some getting used to.

x

Yeah, it is an old man pub with all the old hand pulls etc which are sometimes hard enough to pull minus surgery!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by 703b7 23rd January 2012, 12:41 pm

Hi Lauren,

i went back to work 10 days after BA but I only work evenings so technically only took 4 days off work. i sit at a desk so i was fine - didn't want to be there of course though!

xx
703b7
703b7
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by vicks 23rd January 2012, 8:14 pm

Hi, im planning on taking 11 days off. Hope thats going to be long enough. I do an office job so will just take it easy if it still hurts. Its the driving im worried about. I dont know how i'll cope without a car for a week!

xx
vicks
vicks
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by towie 23rd January 2012, 9:09 pm

Hi

I took 11 days off and didn't drive until day eight then I drove like a learner again I ached for the first week of driving again just take it easy 5th,6th and reverse were the worse gears for pain.

Xxx
towie
towie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 232

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 24th January 2012, 9:01 am

I work in an office too, and I took the exact same amount of leave as you are planning and it was fine. Was very tired by the end of my first day back, but otherwise, no problem!

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 26th January 2012, 9:27 am

Would love some advise from post BA's!!!

Im planning on working the 6nations rugby on the 4th Feb, it'll be a 12-14 hour shift supervising in the boxes so will pretty much involve 'directing' people... and probably a bit of running about. I've told my boss ive got a 'bad back' so I'm happy to work it for them but WONT be lifting in any case. She simply just said to let her know how well im feeling tomorrow and I can still do it if im up to it.
There are mini bars in each box with beer etc so I just dont want to fall into a trap and end up lifting a beer case and ruining my babies.

Do you think i'll be ok doing it? It's only a one off (until end of feb) and I could do with the money. I'll be two weeks post op by then
xxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by missh 26th January 2012, 10:18 am

I've took 3weeks off however I work in children's residential unit sooooo I ain't taking no chances lol xx
missh
missh
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 26th January 2012, 10:55 am

Yeah... I think children retaliate more than beer bottles...
xxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 26th January 2012, 11:18 am

steph999 wrote:Yeah... I think children retaliate more than beer bottles...
xxx
How much time did you take off work? 557141

DH just had his vasectomy yesterday, there is fear everytime our children get close to him Shocked
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 26th January 2012, 1:47 pm

Hi Lauren, too funny, I also work in an office and at a bar at night!!

I only took 4 days off my office job, since I was out of vacation days and didn't want to put it off another year (I'm an old lady as it is haha!)

But the bar I took a full month off. I don't have to lift kegs, but I found the lifting and reaching over the bar to put down drinks and plates motion really would have aggravated my boobies. I had unders though, what are you having??

Good luck hunni!!!

xxxxxx
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down