Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

time off work

+9
Peachy34
Charlie88
Malibu
thevisionoflife
misf1
lola_blsk
pinkbabe
Gabby
dell81
13 posters

Go down

time off work Empty time off work

Post by dell81 4th April 2011, 2:04 pm

hi i am just wondering what all you ladies have done for the time off work?

have you taken leave or are you having sick leave?

i got a letter from my clinic and took it into work, it said i should stay off work for 2weeks due to an operation and would need that time for recovery. i have not told work what i am having done! nope
dell81
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

time off work Empty Re: time off work

Post by Gabby 4th April 2011, 2:20 pm

I have booked 2 weeks of annual leave.
My husband has booked the first week off to be with me, as I have 4 kids not in school and would not be able to cope.

Can you not just book holiday?
Gabby
Gabby
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 417

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 4th April 2011, 2:32 pm

When I had my BA I used annual leave as I didn't want questions about what was wrong/what I was having done ect. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 4th April 2011, 2:40 pm

I used my annual leave as I don't get paid sick leave and can't afford not being paid.

I only had 1 week off. So would recommend more if u have spare holiday to take. xxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by dell81 4th April 2011, 3:10 pm

i am going to take sick leave and tell them my op is private & confidential , i do get sick pay so it isnt too bad, my job is quite physical too. they cant ask why you are off, well they can but its our choice to tell them.

i had no choice to take sick as i have used all my hols as i am getting married in july and going on honeymoon to cuba, that has taken 3weeks of my leave. oh well.xxx
dell81
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dell81 4th April 2011, 3:11 pm

lola_blsk wrote:I used my annual leave as I don't get paid sick leave and can't afford not being paid.

I only had 1 week off. So would recommend more if u have spare holiday to take. xxxx

wow only a week off. did your work know what you was having done? xxx
dell81
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 4th April 2011, 3:29 pm

No one knew when I first went on annual leave but I got someone to tell everyone before I came back as I'd need help with things and didn't want everyone staring and whispering! I'd rather people just asked me outright! I felt better comin back as I'm so used to working 13hour days that I was bored afteer 4 days and started feeling sorry for myself haha!
I had overs and the recoveery time is shorter than unders xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th April 2011, 6:32 pm

It seems the law is a funny thing and although you should really tell your employer, you do not have to. I told work what I was having done and they investigated whether I could take sick for a cosmetic procedure and I could not. But if I suffered any complications further down the line then they would have no problem with me taking time of sick. So if you aren't going to tell them and are going to take sick, just make sure they never find out it was elective surgery.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 4th April 2011, 6:44 pm

I told my work it was a private operation and I didn't want to discuss it but I am having tubular breast correction I don't know if this is seen as any different to a BA?!? I guess not...

They are letting me take the 7 days self certified and any more I need as holiday. Been really good and helpful actually, I do wonder if people will try and guess what I have been off for when I get back though!

x
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 4th April 2011, 8:30 pm

Perhaps talk to your boss if you feel that you can. The only person who knew about my op was my manager, who I ended up crying in front of because I found it so hard to talk about (how embarrassing). I had my op to correct asymmetry and she said she considers it to be medical because of how these things affect women. I don't know if she would view it the same if it was just for enlargement - although personally I think any woman who pays enough to buy a new car for someone to cut them open must be struggling with the way they feel about themselves whether its for wonky boobs or saggy boobs or small boobs or whatever!
I was allowed the time off with pay. I had 6 days off and was allowed to come in half hour later and leave a little early to miss rush hour trains (didn't want to squash the merchandise haha). I was expecting to have to take it as pay without leave and was lucky that I got that reaction...don't ask don't get! No one else at my work knows what was done it was just between myself and the manager.
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie88 4th April 2011, 9:21 pm

Im lucky in the sense that I work for a big company.. I have requested 3 weeks off of work as unpaid leave for personal reasons (going on a holiday and weekends away etc didnt wanna use annual leave) it was authorised, but have also got the option of returning back to work sooner if need be x x x
Charlie88
Charlie88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 4th April 2011, 9:40 pm

I was on mat leave the first time so had a leisurely recovery but I was ok after a few days. I've booked a week off this time as I personally don't feel that I will need any longer and I would rather be sat behind my desk than having my 1 year old chasing round after me lol x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalisa 5th April 2011, 2:35 pm

I took 3 days sick leave, came back to work 5 days after op, I had unders. Not something I recommend for the any person but I had a desk job and didn't have any annual leave. The pain killers were literally keeping me going, I was not very effcient or concentrate by the end of the day I was so exhausted that I was in bed after dinner.

Then I got the worse food poisoning I've ever had at 8 days post op, so I took 1 day sick leave and spent Friday Sat and Sun in bed ALL day!
lisalisa
lisalisa
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by charls87 5th April 2011, 2:42 pm

Im having my op on the Saturday and im back in work on the Thursday!!

I dont have the annual leave left, and i figured i just need to plough through two days and then im off for two days!!

I work in accounts and payroll, so its just a deesk job, and the girls i work with now know im getting my boobs done so they will be on hand to help me out!

x
charls87
charls87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by iampetite 5th April 2011, 3:14 pm

i only got a week off and told ppl at work i was going on vacation.

a week was good enough for me because i only work a desk job. But I would recommend 9-10 days if you can.
iampetite
iampetite
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 5th April 2011, 7:52 pm

I considered asking for sick leave but figured that since it was a cosmetic procedure that was a bit cheeky so I booked a weeks annual leave. I told my manager what I was having done in case I need to change my leave (I was convinced my op date would be changed for some reason lol). I had my BA on a Saturday and had the next week as annual leave. I was back at work on day 9 post op. I have a desk job so it wasn't too bad and I only work part time so that helped too. I was very tired that first day back though.

It depends on your job and how understanding your manager is I guess.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down