Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time off work for Op - Sick Cert or own time?

+3
tinkerbell24
misf1
Lucyloo20
7 posters

Go down

Time off work for Op - Sick Cert or own time?  Empty Time off work for Op - Sick Cert or own time?

Post by Lucyloo20 25th January 2013, 11:16 am

Hi Ladies:)

I was wondering wether I need to take 1 weeks annual leave off work for my post-operation or if my surgeon or GP can do this?

Thank youx
Lucyloo20
Lucyloo20
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Time off work for Op - Sick Cert or own time?  Empty Re: Time off work for Op - Sick Cert or own time?

Post by misf1 25th January 2013, 11:27 am

I had to ask work, they told me i had to take leave, but if I suffered any complications afterwards they said I could take sick. This is for the civil service. I know others have got a sick note for surgery but didn't tell their employer what surgery they were having.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Time off work for Op - Sick Cert or own time?  Empty Re: Time off work for Op - Sick Cert or own time?

Post by tinkerbell24 25th January 2013, 11:36 am

i took 2 weeks hol then was still sore and my manager. who knew. gave me a weeks sick and my surgeon gave me a note no prob xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by dove 25th January 2013, 12:15 pm

I would take leave personally and then that way if you don't recover in time then you can self cert sick for a week after your leave.
I work for the civil service and i know im not covered for sick pay when its for cosmetic surgery so I've taken leave. X
dove
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjs 25th January 2013, 12:50 pm

I've taken annual leave. Hoping everything goes ok and I don't have to tahe any further sick leave.
M x
mandyjs
mandyjs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyloo20 25th January 2013, 1:06 pm

Thankyou :) I work for the council and my boss said I shouldnt need to take leave because my surgeon would sign me off. Other members of our team had that when they had surgery BUT im different because mines is cosmetic so its not a medical condition... I've booked a week of work in advance for this with annual leave anyway so that works out fine then :) xxx
Lucyloo20
Lucyloo20
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 25th January 2013, 2:49 pm

I took 2 weeks annual leave last time
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFebruary 25th January 2013, 4:39 pm

Working for the council, emergency services or civil service is all the same I think. If it is cosmetic you have to take annual leave. But then again, if you line manager approves it then who knows, you might be lucky.
I didn't even try to get sick leave for it, because it was my choice to have the op and felt it would be unfair on my team.
xx
MissFebruary
MissFebruary
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down