Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much time off work is enough time..

+6
Princess_x
Boobies2be
Mammamia
going4it
laurajc84
sarahjane123
10 posters

Go down

How much time off work is enough time.. Empty How much time off work is enough time..

Post by sarahjane123 10th March 2015, 8:42 pm

Hi Everyone:wave4:

I know this topic is subjective depending on the individual.. But I thought id ask anyways to get some opinions..

My Op is on a Sat and I need to be back in work on the Friday. coffee screen I work in an office with a short commute (no heavy lifting or anything of that sort) Im not telling my employer or collegues about the op... Do people feel this is enough time? Friday is usually a relaxed enoug day then il have the weekend (and bank hol monday) to recoup..

Not including the saturday, thats 5 full days recovery before due in n the friday.

xx
sarahjane123
sarahjane123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

How much time off work is enough time.. Empty Re: How much time off work is enough time..

Post by laurajc84 10th March 2015, 8:47 pm

Hi
I had mine on a friday and was back in work on the Thursday in a admin job , I was the same as you as I didnt tell anybody in work an still haven't. 
I was knackered by the end of it an got a few pain an bad back but I think as long as you have a good pain threshold you'll you manage like I did but I would say if u can get the Friday off somehow you'd feel better :-) xx
laurajc84
laurajc84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

How much time off work is enough time.. Empty Re: How much time off work is enough time..

Post by sarahjane123 10th March 2015, 8:50 pm

Aw thanks Laura!! Good to know.. cant get it off unfortunately :L  I have a really good pain threshold (Ive been told before that childcare will be a doddle to me, although i doubt it lol) Fingers crossed itl be enough time fingers crossed xxx
sarahjane123
sarahjane123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laurajc84 10th March 2015, 8:56 pm

Lol I know what you mean, I'm sure a early night an you'll be fine, I was more worried about feeling grubby in the end so I did go the hairdressers the night before , with a long weekend im sure you'll be fine:-)
Xx
laurajc84
laurajc84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 10th March 2015, 9:11 pm

I asked the same thing yesterday Hun. I am in an admin job and have got just under 3 weeks off but would rather not use all those hols if I don't need to. Everyone at work knows about me so on my first day back I know where everyone will be looking!!
I'm more worried about the drive to work than my actual job once I am there! Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 10th March 2015, 9:38 pm

I think it will be tough but if you've got no choice, you've got no choice. You won't know how you feel until you're there. Some ladies are fine, others you'll see from past posts and diaries are not. Does your surgeon agree it? Mine requested I take at least a week off. Are you having overs or unders?
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 10th March 2015, 9:49 pm

What about calling in sick on the Friday? Will give you a bit more time? Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 10th March 2015, 10:05 pm

You'll be tired for sure, and definitely keep on top of your pain meds, but I think it'll help you to get through the day knowing that it's just 1 day and you'll have the weekend to take it easy again.

You might find it tricky to drive though.

x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 10th March 2015, 10:08 pm

You probably won't be able to drive safely and comfortably by then so will need to make alternative travel arrangements. If you really do have to go, you will probably be feeling uncomfortable and in pain but then you do have a long weekend to rest x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahjane123 10th March 2015, 10:10 pm

Eeek anxious now... I'm having partial unders..
sarahjane123
sarahjane123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 10th March 2015, 10:13 pm

Unders are more painful and make it harder to drive too. Definitely make alternate travel arrangements x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Gembo 11th March 2015, 8:41 pm

Not to mention if you take the tylex meds you may feel out of it !
Gembo
Gembo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 5th April 2015, 7:03 pm

Hey Sarahjane.. i know this is a late reply but i am also in the same situation.. i think i may do my own post to see if i get some feedback too. I really want to book my BA this year but only have 5 days holiday left. I have a day off in the week then sunday. So i could have my op on the tuesday, book from weds to saturday (5 days) then ask for the monday off for the next week so thats 7 days off, 6 excluding op day xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahjane123 6th April 2015, 4:03 pm

Vickyxo wrote:Hey Sarahjane.. i know this is a late reply but i am also in the same situation.. i think i may do my own post to see if i get some feedback too. I really want to book my BA this year but only have 5 days holiday left. I have a day off in the week then sunday. So i could have my op on the tuesday, book from weds to saturday (5 days) then ask for the monday off for the next week so thats 7 days off, 6 excluding op day xxx
Hey Vicky, 

I think that will be anough time!! I have since had my pre op consultation and my surgeon thinks I will be absolutely fine. In fact he encourages normality (obv no heavy lifting) after a few days.. xx
sarahjane123
sarahjane123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Moocher90 6th April 2015, 4:49 pm

I had a week off and that was enough for me however everyone is different x I was driving by 7 days PO x I had overs not really sure for people that have unders. X
Moocher90
Moocher90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 6th April 2015, 7:14 pm

Hi, I think I would have struggled with that. I felt too stiff to do much. Everyone is different though. Can you take time off sick. You could say it's for general surgery. No one has to know what it's for. Think of yourself and if you do have to go in, take it very easy. Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down