Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aftercare

3 posters

Go down

aftercare Empty aftercare

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 11:34 am

hi all

so has any of you ever had to use your aftercare

outwith seeing the surgeon and your normal check ups

As some of you may know that I had a reop so the aftercare has been used, I know that some surgeons/clinics only allow the aftercare to be used once and and also that obe complication gets sorted

I had to use my aftercare just before a year and had CC sorted, the muscles disected more, the crease and pocket lowered

I am in weekly contact with my surgeon, be it calls or emails and the latest is that after him seeing pictures of me I still need to wear this blooming compression badn and still not allowed to get in my loved m&s zip sports bra

so yeah has anyone ever had to use aftercare, if so what for

oh this isnt meant to scare anyone sorry if it comes across that way just to see if aftercare is used xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

aftercare Empty Re: aftercare

Post by rachij 4th February 2014, 12:28 pm

I've only had to use mine for check ups and other little worries but may have to have re op if massaging my boobs doesn't help them drop.

Am I right that massaging them should help them drop but if not then re op? How long did you massage yours for before surgeon decided on re op? As mine hasn't said so going to wait til 6 month mark (april)
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 1:02 pm

I had to try a few things before a reop was given as it really is the last thing that a surgeon wants to do and some ask that you wait the year so that your body is ready for it

I had to massage for near 12 weeks, but tbh I was in constant contact with my surgeon, is your surgeon calling you every so often and asking how its going

I seen my surgeon every 4 weeks so that he couls see the progress, I did try the band before massage last time

Has he said why you need to reop and when he wants to do it if the massaging doesnt work

Its so uncomfortable the massaging isnt it i had to do it daily for 20 mins xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 1:03 pm

id go and see the surgeon before Arpil so that he can see the results of massaging cause as you know massaging isnt recommended so you dont want to "over" massage xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 4th February 2014, 1:07 pm

My surgeon isn't in contact with me at all, he hasn't mentioned about re op but when I updated after the check up in jan cookie mentioned about it if massaging doesn't work :( a
Also I am still getting pain round the side near arm pit and cleavage area which I told him also and it's in my notes as well.

I do think he sees me as a pain with what's going on with my boobs, but that is what the aftercare is there for to reassure and sort things out.
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 4th February 2014, 1:09 pm

Yeah, going to for next month now, just to see what the next move would be and if massaging has/hasn't worked
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 1:12 pm

id def be contacting him again and see him asap just incase the massaging is adding to the cause of the pain, your still on the early side of recovery but still your near 4 month

If im right when Ive contacted Nuffield there aftercare is life time for seeing the surgeon and the nurses etc but for reop its only up to a year so you might want to get the balll rolling IF yu do need a reop there could be a waiting list for your surgeon

this is all just based on my owen exeriance but at 4 month post op for me thats when my surgeon started to mention reop and what would be involved IF i needed one

Oh maybe get out wired bras and into a sports bra for comfort? xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenxwaves 4th February 2014, 1:15 pm

Your surgeon sounds lovely tink, who is he? I'm on mobile so can't see your BA description x
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 4th February 2014, 1:19 pm

Thanks tink, 

Just rung nuffield and they have said if I'm not seeing any differencethen I ddon't have to massage them but also to give it a cuople of months from last appointment ( march) and if I'm not happy to make appiintment to see him (he's there every week anyway)
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 1:20 pm

Mr Ray, he has been good I must admit, cause im such a worrier lol but at the end of the day I paid him a good amount of money to give me boobs AND aftercare

but i think that all surgeons could be as good i you just keep up the contact that you need if you are having complications xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 1:21 pm

was that your surgeon that said no need to massage them, thats good if he did means that it might just be taking your implants a little longer to settle

do you have a pictrail xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down