Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftercare,,,,,,

+4
COOKIE
tigertonix
misskaren
tinkerbell24
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aftercare,,,,,, Empty Aftercare,,,,,,

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 10:08 pm

so have we all been good girls and stuck to our surgeons advice as to what they think will help us along the way and therefore hopefully not need to use the aftercare

well last time I must admit I was able to move my arms etcs from day BUT I was very very sore last time which kept me on strong painkillers for a bit longer than I had wanted so that maybe helped mask the pain

last time I think that I dont

lifting my daughter
excercise
house work
the good old husband wife alone time  :ok:
tried on a bras lol tut tut but we all do it dont we?
done a bit to much at work

all of these WAY too soon and im not surem and will never know if I it was, but I really do think that cause I was doing so much and using the good old chest mucles that I might not have helped the problem  shrug but who knows

so this time I must admit I really am sticking to the rules to the dot, except that one time I ran for the train at 4 days post op, sorry Cookie lol

I really do want to help the healing as much as possible, even down to wearing no bra which took alot to get used, wearing my yucky compression band

the one thing that I might have done too soon was husband and wife time  Blush and tried on a little underwear set from ann summers but hey it literally had no material and im not allowed any support so its all good  :ok: 

I am struggling with the no house work its driving me mad as its the time of the year I normally do a huge blitz of the house but it can wait this year haha  yes 

so yeah have you all been good girls or are there other naughty ones like me out there xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Aftercare,,,,,, Empty Re: Aftercare,,,,,,

Post by misskaren 15th December 2013, 10:26 pm

I am confused - have you been told to wear no bra??

i am 3 days post op and been told to wear it day and night for 6weeks only removing for showers (i have waterproof dressings)

i dont really have an after care program to follow.

what exactly should you ben doing.  i feel totally fine 3 days post op and feel i can do loads abou the house - i am not lifting anything heavy or anything but im not really in any pain just tight across the chest....

xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 15th December 2013, 10:32 pm

Keep it up!! If you take it easy you can't feel any sense of blame or guilt towards yourself! So if anything goes wrong (god forbid) you'll have peace of mind that you've done everything possible to minimise risks! I know i'll find it very hard to take it easy after my op as i'm very much a 'get up and go' kinda person, haha!

Well done!! Keep it up xxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th December 2013, 10:37 pm

I will be watching this thread with interest..... *bats her rolling pin in her hand*  Shifty  Haha

've always followed instruction to the letter, because I believe when you have a BA, part of the process is down to your surgeon and the final part of it (the healing stage) is down to you and its entirely up to you to make that recovery the best you can in the hope of the best result you can get. 

So I've always been a good girl really. I wouldn't pay that amount of money only to possibly ruin everything in a moments madness  shrug  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 10:38 pm

hi Karen yeah ive been told to wear no bra and compression band now until I see my surgeon on the 11th Jan this is cause he wants no support for my boobs as I have good muscles so he doesnt want them having any support til hes happy they are in the place the need to be. We ALL get diff advice even if you went with the same surgeon then you still might have got diff advice from me its all to do with our own bodies etc

I def done way too much last time and im struggling to take it easy as I feel great this time and have since day one but obv my surgeon knows that rest is important for the healing inside and as you say if anything goes wrong again then I know its not my fault

xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 10:39 pm

looool oh dear girls if you have been bad cookie will catch you, she knows anyway lol doesnt need to read it

what you saying mine and peters "us" time was a moment of madness  Hysterical xxx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th December 2013, 10:41 pm

misskaren wrote:I am confused - have you been told to wear no bra??

i am 3 days post op and been told to wear it day and night for 6weeks only removing for showers (i have waterproof dressings)

i dont really have an after care program to follow.

what exactly should you ben doing.  i feel totally fine 3 days post op and feel i can do loads abou the house - i am not lifting anything heavy or anything but im not really in any pain just tight across the chest....

xx

dont worry about others post-op advise Karen. Their advise is tailored to their recovery to help 'them' get the best result from their BA. 

Your post-op instruction is different because your healing is different and therefore requires different post-op advise to get the best post-op advise 'for you' which in your case is to wear a 24/7 for 6 weeks. 

We're each different Karen and our BAs are tailored to the different bodies and healing. I had to wear my bra for 12 weeks after my second op and the last one I've had to wear my sportsbra 24/7 for 10 months! 

We all all follow the instructions given to us that are tailored for us hun. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th December 2013, 10:45 pm

tinkerbell24 wrote:what you saying mine and peters "us" time was a moment of madness  Hysterical xxx

LOL. There's nothing wrong with a bit of Tinkerbell magic in the bedroom as long as you weren't jumping off the wardrobes, 'cos you'd have well landed in Never-Never land I can tell ya!  Hysterical
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 10:52 pm

lol no no it was very non jumping off wardobes and stuff lol my boobs did ache after it but I read that it can be all the increased blood flow to them, is this true? xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th December 2013, 11:05 pm

Yes, the increased heart rate could have blood pumping faster through the body and the theory is that this could increase the swelling and put pressure of the fresh wounds, but in all honesty, in all the time I've been here and the thousands of women that have passed through, not one single woman has had a problem with this at all. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 11:08 pm

thats good then dont want Peter to be the cause of a problem this time  Hysterical xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th December 2013, 11:09 pm

Hahaha you're not like me then Tink. I blame Mr Cooks for EVERYTHING regardless  Hysterical
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 11:11 pm

lol tut tut Cookie thats terrible lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th December 2013, 11:12 pm

S'true though  Blush
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 11:54 pm

well whos naughty now lol  Hysterical xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th December 2013, 12:28 am

Mr Cooks!

Hysterical
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 16th December 2013, 12:39 am

Looool xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 16th December 2013, 1:31 am

lol lol lol

you chicks are crazy!!   clap hands 

listen thanks for putting up with me cookie!! i think you can tell i am a total newby and learning as i go and your posts are really helping me - jts posted a long one on the lifetime of implants and will await your expertise!!!

well no jumoing off wardrobes for me - need to find myself an eligable batchelor first!!

my god tinks you must have stong pec muscles!!!  tbh i feel i need to e-mail my surgeon as i havnt asked him much at all post op.  when i was going home from hospital the nurse just wrote on my notes no excervise for 6 weeks and wear bra day and night for 6 weeks - see surgeon in feb and that was it.

i would rather all this came from my surgeon now i think about it - do you agree?

so cookie, if you say, in your expeience on here woman dont often complain of blood rushing to boobs when heart rate rises so you think i could get away with going on my excercise bike at home??  pleeeeease say yes lol!!!

i am a fitness fanatic and i know i cant do weights for months but i used to do body attack x3 a week aswel as running and i am climbing the walls as well as freaking out about getting fat!!!  as if i put on weight my boobs will get bigger anyway and i dont want that - i have just lost 2 stone which is why i wanted them done.  ahhhhh the dilemas us women experience in life to look good!!!

i am just sooo surprised at how little pain i am in tbh, i feel absolutely fine apart from tight chest!!

karen
xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 16th December 2013, 9:44 am

I wouldn't do anything too early that could risk your healing, sex, picking up children etc. Not worth the risk, not sure why people do :S
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenpops 16th December 2013, 9:56 am

I hope I'll be a real good girl as really don't want any issues that could have been avoided!

Easy to say though. But I will try.

Not looking forward to my demanding little twinces!! They are very mummy!
Especially in the night!!! Argh!

X
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 16th December 2013, 10:35 am

I've been a good girl apart from driving, I asked at my 9 day dressing appointment if I could drive as I felt like I could and I hate not being able to drive and I had a girly night in the next day I really wanted to go to. I said that I had an automatic with incredibly light steering and she looked very dubious but I really was begging ha ha the nurse said as long as you feel ok doing it, my original instruction was 4 weeks! I drove on day 10 and just sat closer to the steering wheel and it was fine.

X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 16th December 2013, 10:56 am

Maybe you werent actually closer to the steering wheel maybe it was just ur boobs  Hysterical
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 16th December 2013, 10:58 am

Hysterical  Love it Tink, built in airbags!! X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 16th December 2013, 10:58 am

Looool xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th December 2013, 1:21 pm

misskaren wrote:lol lol lol

you chicks are crazy!!   clap hands 

listen thanks for putting up with me cookie!! i think you can tell i am a total newby and learning as i go and your posts are really helping me - jts posted a long one on the lifetime of implants and will await your expertise!!!

im definitely no expert Karen. Just done a lot of research babe. I've responded to your questions there  :ok: 

i would rather all this came from my surgeon now i think about it - do you agree?

Absolutely! As I said above I, alongside all of our ladies here are no experts. That's your surgeons job hun and if you want definitive clarification of anything then making an appointment to see your surgeon is ALWAYS the best way to go. 

so cookie, if you say, in your expeience on here woman dont often complain of blood rushing to boobs when heart rate rises so you think i could get away with going on my excercise bike at home??  pleeeeease say yes lol!!!

LOL. Sorry babe, but the answer is no. 

Research shows that the average man lasts 14 minutes during sex, so sex is nothing in comparison to an excercise bike babe. Probably no more than you taking a long walk.  

i am a fitness fanatic and i know i cant do weights for months but i used to do body attack x3 a week aswel as running and i am climbing the walls as well as freaking out about getting fat!!!  as if i put on weight my boobs will get bigger anyway and i dont want that - i have just lost 2 stone which is why i wanted them done.  ahhhhh the dilemas us women experience in life to look good!!!

There's really no need for panic Karen. 

As as long as maintain a healthy diet and ensure you get out for a nice walk everyday (when you feel up to it) you won't gain weight. 

Its only if you take to the sofa with a big box of choccies or sweets or biscuits....all the things you know you shouldn't binge on, that you will gain weight and this weight gain will be the cause of YOUR negligence to your own body babe and not because of your BA or the restrictions placed on no excercise for a specified period. 

Some me surgeons who feel their patients are healing well, do allow for lower body excercise, like your bike, but this is ONLY on the advise of your surgeon. If you don't follow your surgeons advise and choose to excercise regardless you risk losing your aftercare package because you have then broken the contract between yourself and your surgeon.... Or worse, you could end up back in the operating theatre having a complication repaired because you didn't listen and paying out another £4,500 yourself for it. 

As I tell so many women here
THINK about how long you've waited for this surgery
THINK about the money its costing you to get this done
THINK about the money its costed for bras, v-pillow, ice-packs etc... All the things required post-op.
THINK about the recovery and what's required to get you a good result

and now THINK about doing one silly thing that's going to throw all of the above away....

if don't think you can cope or abide by the restrictions placed on you when you have a BA then it really is best to THINK whilst you're pre-op if this surgery really is the right things for you?  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next