Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aftercare

+2
COOKIE
Twinkle3
6 posters

Go down

aftercare Empty aftercare

Post by Twinkle3 27th June 2012, 3:33 pm

I really should know this to be doing this but for some reason I have never thought about it before

If I'm not happy with my breasts after surgery not capsular contracture or rupture because I know that is where the warranty comes in but basically anything where the breast just doesn't look right like double bubble or something do you pay full price for all the surgeries you need to correct the problem, is it a discounted price or is it free or does it all depend on what the problem is sorry if it doesn't make much sense its just me rambling on with my crazy thoughts that don't make much sense especially when I'm sat next to a toddler bashing a piano hahaha so sorry if u don't understand any of it ask me to explain xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

aftercare Empty Re: aftercare

Post by COOKIE 27th June 2012, 4:02 pm

You're not rambling at all hun.

Every complication including ruptures and CC will be taken on case by case, for example, you couldn't just say you had a rupture 'cos that's what it feels like, or have a doctor or surgeon feel for a rupture 'cos the only way to confirm a rupture is through having a scan, preferably an MRI and this will possibly cost YOU if the NHS aren't prepared to do this for you. Your clinic will only accept a clinical diagnosis (scan results) before agreeing to surgery and they will give you a choice, you can replace only the ruptured implant, or you can go larger. If you have other problems that affected your breast due to the rupture and want this repaired, such as the breast enlarging and needing an uplift, this would not be covered. ONLY the rupture will be covered.

If you have Capsular Contracture only grade 4 and 5 will be covered.

If you have double bubble, displaced implant, bad scarring, infection, seroma etc... all those things will be covered within your after care period. Do check your after care cover AND your implant cover as they are seperate and may not be the same.

What you will not be covered for is size issues, you MUST agree a size with your surgeon pre-op and if you're unhappy with that post-op, this would be your problem.

Aging - as you age your breast may sag and you may not like the aesthetic look of your breasts anymore, this again would be your problem if you wanted to get it fixed

Any changes to your breasts not related to your original surgery will also be your problem

I'd advise every women having a BA to be prepared to spend more money, so do put money away for your BA rainy day, 'cos eventually... it will come to all of us aftercare 1978086825 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by karleyxxx 27th June 2012, 4:05 pm

Very good advice thanks cookie xxx
karleyxxx
karleyxxx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Post by hezzz 27th June 2012, 4:43 pm

I never thought about paying for a scan if you suspect a rupture shrug thats a good point. better put some extra away lol. Anyone ever had to pay for a scan and have any idea how much roughly it costs?
hezzz
hezzz
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 27th June 2012, 4:46 pm

So if the implant ruptured while I still had aftercare would I still have to pay for the scan?I will have a look though the stuff they have gave me and see if there is anything in there about aftercare. But jesus cookie the amount of information your brain holds is amazing, I don't know what I would of done without this forum but I would probably be carted off by men in white coats by now lol xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th June 2012, 5:38 pm

LOL.

Yup, the expense of a scan would be yours, it's up to you to provide the clinical evidence, not the clinic. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 27th June 2012, 6:20 pm

I think one thing to take into consideration when having a BA is never to expect to rely on your clinic's aftercare.

Of corse aim for the best aftercare policy possible, but always save a boobie fund for the "what if's" because when push comes to shove if your clinic is going to wriggle out of any liability you can be assured knowing you have the money! :thumbs: x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 27th June 2012, 6:21 pm

Good to know thanks cookie. I second hezzz question I will have to google it later xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

aftercare Empty Great advice :-) xxx

Post by karleyxxx 27th June 2012, 6:26 pm

*Alice* wrote:I think one thing to take into consideration when having a BA is never to expect to rely on your clinic's aftercare.

Of corse aim for the best aftercare policy possible, but always save a boobie fund for the "what if's" because when push comes to shove if your clinic is going to wriggle out of any liability you can be assured knowing you have the money! aftercare 184153 x
karleyxxx
karleyxxx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Post by starjem 27th June 2012, 6:38 pm

I could not have said it better myself Alice (straight face)
starjem
starjem
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down