Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Aftercare

+7
roxanne
sparkyleeds
sweetpoison
misf1
AmyD
MrsG
Oracle
11 posters

Go down

Best Aftercare Empty Best Aftercare

Post by Oracle 20th January 2012, 10:38 am

Ladies, I've arranged two consultations with BMI and Spire, but from what I have read on here, their aftercare isnt the best.

Can you recommend another clinic in the North West with better aftercare?

My mum had breast cancer a few years ago and reconstruction following her op but has had nothing but problems since. I want to ensure that I'm covered incase anything should go wrong.
Oracle
Oracle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Best Aftercare Empty Re: Best Aftercare

Post by MrsG 20th January 2012, 11:03 am

I have gone with The Hospital Group, they have been great. At two weeks post op I developed an infection and they had me seen asap to do swabs and check it out even though I had seen an out of hours GP. They detected that a thread had not disolved from my stitches when the other GP missed it. Then at almost a year post op I developed another complication which they are doing a re-op for free and including the transport without any quibble over it. No arguing on my part like I was all prepared for. Could not fault them at all. Well worth the money.

I paid the extra to have Allergan Natrelles which had a better package on them so its worth the extra money xx
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 20th January 2012, 11:55 am

I went with THG too MrsG, and also had mr Payne. Isn't he lovely?!! It's great to hear they are handling your situation professionally :thumbs: xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th January 2012, 2:01 pm

Most clinics like transform the etc advertise 10 years or lifetime aftercare, when in actual fact that's for the implants only, so you would have to pay all other surgical costs. They only cover you for 3 years for complications. I think Mybreast is 5 but that may only be for cc and rupture. You need to read the small print with all of them.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetpoison 20th January 2012, 2:17 pm

I was told by transform that no clincs include cc in their aftercare? do I need to speak to them haven't signed anything jet. x
sweetpoison
sweetpoison
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 20th January 2012, 2:22 pm

Sweetpoison, that is very incorrect of them! THG, are covering CC for three years if you have the natrelle implants, which I have and are operating for free on me in a few weeks due to complications. I have either a turned over implant or CC. Surgeon isnt sure until he operates.
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th January 2012, 6:00 pm

Most will usually cover cc but only baker grade 4 and 5 I would check again with transform
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 20th January 2012, 6:34 pm

Whats baker grade???? Ive not heard of it !!
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 20th January 2012, 6:37 pm

Yep, Mybreast offer the longest aftercare, full cover against CC or rupture for five years. The actual Nagor implants they use offer lifetime aftercare, ie. offer free implants for cc and rupture, but after five years you are no longer covered for the sugery and hospital fees, only the implants.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 20th January 2012, 7:07 pm

Transform have looked after me xx

But I agree with Misf, whoever you choose you need to read the small print carefully and ask for clarification on anything you are not sure about xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 22nd April 2012, 9:26 pm

Patient co Ordinator at a Transform Consult I had on Friday told me Cc and rupture was covered for 10years? Is that incorrect then? Does anyone know where to get full details of aftercare from before signing the dotted line? Only I've had 3 consults with different companies and haven't got anything like that in the info packs they give you x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd April 2012, 10:45 pm

Wishful wrote:Patient co Ordinator at a Transform Consult I had on Friday told me Cc and rupture was covered for 10years? Is that incorrect then? Does anyone know where to get full details of aftercare from before signing the dotted line? Only I've had 3 consults with different companies and haven't got anything like that in the info packs they give you x

Transform are VERY VERY clever with their wording sweetness
Transforms aftercare -

Our 10-year warranty
Confidence with Transform
Allergan implants

Transform only use Allergan implants. Allergan is based in the US and is the world's biggest manufacturer of implants. Allergan implants are subject to over 100 quality control tests during the production process and conform to the following quality standards.

- World Wide Quality Control Standards and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP)
- US Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) 21 CFR Part 820: Quality System Regulation
- European Medical Device Directive (MDD) 93/42/EEC
- International Standards Organisation (ISO) Standards 4607:2009 and ISO 13485:2003 Quality Management System Requirements for Regulatory purposes
- EN ISO 14644 AND 14698: Clean Room ISO Class 7
Our 10-year warranty

Once you've had your breast procedure with us, your care doesn't end there. As part of our comprehensive aftercare programme, your breast implants are covered through our 10-year warranty scheme. This means that in the unlikely event of a rupture, the implant will be replaced free of charge within a 10-year period.

The breast implants we use are made to exacting standards with the highest quality control and together with the aftercare we offer, you can enjoy total peace of mind. Don't forget you can also visit your Surgeon for up to three years after surgery at no extra cost.
What is covered*

Implant rupture due to failure of the outer casing
Major encapsulation (grade 3 and 4)
Implant deflation

What is not covered

Removal of implants due to patient dissatisfaction with either size alteration or aesthetic result
Adverse events or reactions other than specified above in "What is covered"
Custom made implants or implants over 800cc
Costs related to interventation surgery
Removal and / or replacement of implant for wrinkling or rippling.

* The Transform warranty applies to implants used in breast augmentations that have been implanted after 1st May 2010.

Always be very aware that there may be additional costs when you see that Asterisk!

Now this is what they don't want you to see as it's printed in small lettering on another page of their website... tucked well away from the after-care page-

We offer a three year readmission policy for clinical complications post surgery. In addition, our breast implants come with a ten year warranty

From this page HERE

Roughly translated to mean in truth!

We will only pay for diagnosed readmissions for 3 years! The IMPLANT alone is guaranteed for 10 years so should you have a problem after the 3 year time frame all surgeons, theatre and medical costs will be down to YOU!

Always, always remember that patient co-ordinators are sales people, they are not medical trained but are there to sell 'A PRODUCT' so please girls, always do your homework. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd April 2012, 10:52 pm

There is more on implant guarantees and after-care if anyone would care to read further on this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][u] XX
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 22nd April 2012, 11:13 pm

Thanks Cookie, I gave the PCC your case as an example and asked about that cuz she was pretty cagey, but she couldn't really answer my question tbh. She is also meant to be getting back to me on the redo rates of the surgeon I'd like to see, so we'll see if that happens this week.
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd April 2012, 11:16 pm

Wishful wrote:Thanks Cookie, I gave the PCC your case as an example and asked about that cuz she was pretty cagey, but she couldn't really answer my question tbh.

Says a lot lol.

She is also meant to be getting back to me on the redo rates of the surgeon I'd like to see, so we'll see if that happens this week.

Hope it goes well sweetness :flowers: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 23rd April 2012, 11:13 am

Oh bugger! I only went with Transform because it appeared to be the best for after care, but that was when I didn't read the small print! I asked my PCC a list of things I was covered for but never even thought to ask about surgery costs etc. Quite naive looking back!

Better get saving an emergency boob fund Shocked x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 23rd April 2012, 11:23 am

I think it's always best to save an emergency boob fund, just saving 50 pounds a month should get you enough over a few years
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd April 2012, 12:02 pm

misf1 wrote:I think it's always best to save an emergency boob fund, just saving 50 pounds a month should get you enough over a few years

Amen to that! :thumbs:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down