Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup on the day...? And young children after BA.

+10
MissCET
kdeee
kati1236
krizzooo1
tinkerbell24
loui1981
Lolo85
Victoria2345
Sahara1981
Lily26
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Makeup on the day...? And young children after BA. Empty Makeup on the day...? And young children after BA.

Post by Lily26 3rd February 2014, 10:41 pm

Hi ladies! Quick question!
I've received al of my pre op and admission info for the big day!
Just wondering.. It doesn't say anything on the letter about no makeup so i wondered if i could wear a little bit of bb cream and some mascara and eyebrow powder...I love a bit of makeup! But I don't wanna turn up and have to scrub it all off.. What do you ladies think?

Also if any mummies are reading this I have a 4 year old and a 10month old, I have support from my partner for a couple of weeks but any idea when it would be safe to start lifting my daughter again? I was thinking 3 weeks ish? Or a little bit earlier than that? I don't want to risk any complications! 

Thankyou in advance lovelies  Give You  Xxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Makeup on the day...? And young children after BA. Empty Re: Makeup on the day...? And young children after BA.

Post by Sahara1981 4th February 2014, 12:40 am

No makeup due to mascara falling in eye
Bb cream will mask your skin colour so they can't tell if some thing is going wrong etc

Take it with u and apply after x
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Makeup on the day...? And young children after BA. Empty Re: Makeup on the day...? And young children after BA.

Post by Sahara1981 4th February 2014, 12:42 am

I saw at the clinic a women who had had 800cc Implants and was carrying her 8 month old daughter after a week! But the staff at clinic were not happy, but she looked comfortable doing it. We heard the staff talking
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 4th February 2014, 12:44 am

"You'll need to remove all make-up and nail polish before your operation as the doctors will need to see your skin and nails to make sure your blood circulation is healthy.
This can also help reduce your chances of unwanted bacteria being brought into the hospital"
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 4th February 2014, 1:27 am

Definitely no makeup what so ever. They need to be able to see natural skin colour to monitor you whilst under the ga.

They say no heavy lifting for 6 weeks. Even a lil kid I wouldnt recommend lifting for a few weeks but just listen to your own body. U may feel ok but u may feel really sore
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo85 4th February 2014, 6:29 am

Does that mean that if you have gel nails they need to come off too? X
Lolo85
Lolo85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 4th February 2014, 6:34 am

Yep everything Off not even allowed deodorant!!!  I wasn't even allowed my hair bobble. I have a two yr old and couldn't lift for a few weeks. Just started to gently pick her up again after six weeks but very conscious of whether it strains me or not
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 7:29 am

I has bb cream and a.bit.of blush and mascara some girls on.here have even been.allowed lashes

Ur letter would have said, I asked if they needed to.take it off but they said the machines tell them.if there's problems not your skin colour

My daughters were 2 and 7 after first ba so a bit older but my youngest has a few health problems and requires to be.in.a pram.still sometimes at 3 and has physio, by 3 weeks you should be able lift, when.needed, don't over do it 

It.will all work out xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 4th February 2014, 7:45 am

Hi...Bit of a repeat on advice.....
I was told no heavy lifting for 6 weeks.

My hubby had 2 weeks off to help.....

I wore no makeup at all, no cream, no moisturiser, no jewellery, no hair product, no nail varnish. It didn't bother me at all...... I wasn't told not to just chose not to.

xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 4th February 2014, 8:43 am

I'm not post op (yet :D ) but I have a 2yr old and a 6yr old. My mum will be coming to stay with me for the first week and see how it goes. I won't be lifting until I have the all clear to do so, but that doesn't mean my little boy can't squiggle on the bed/sofa/chair and give me cuddles :) He isn't one for being lifted anyways. He hasn't been in a pram since he started walking. Also me being small I can just hold his hand when he's walking about..  time will tell.
As for make-up I cant say...
good luck :D x
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 4th February 2014, 9:03 am

In my letter says that following is not allowed on the day of surgery due to contamination risk:
jewellery/body piercings
make up
false eyelashes
nail varnish incl gel acrylic etc
hair extensions
-basically that you haven't born with and is artificial :)

Didn't say anything about moisturisers and deodorants but I would not apply any to be on the safe side. I will take it with me to hospital and do it afterwards xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 9:05 am

call and the ask the hospital that you are going to aas they all have very diff rules, which i think is daft

I was told to lift nothing heavier than 5lbs for 6 weeks to start xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 4th February 2014, 9:05 am

Just to comment further on the nails- it's the favourite breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria to hide  huh smiley . All which you can take to hospital or take home with you and this increases infection risk.
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 4th February 2014, 9:08 am

I'm not post op (yet :D ) but I have a 2yr old and a 6yr old. My mum will be coming to stay with me for the first week and see how it goes. I won't be lifting until I have the all clear to do so, but that doesn't mean my little boy can't squiggle on the bed/sofa/chair and give me cuddles :) He isn't one for being lifted anyways. He hasn't been in a pram since he started walking. Also me being small I can just hold his hand when he's walking about..  time will tell.
As for make-up I cant say...
good luck :D x
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 9:09 am

yeah i had all my nails cut short and a manicure, without the varnish a coupe of days before my op xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 4th February 2014, 9:12 am

My kids are similar ages - 1yr old (11mths at the time of BA) and 3 1/2 year old.

In an ideal world you do no heavy lifting for 6 weeks. However with small children that is not practical. You definately will need help for the first two weeks, then you should be fine. Little things like getting a plastic step so your four year old can climb in and out of their car seat, keeping your changing mat at low level etc all helps. I adapted my routine to make sure my husband did all bathing, taking the swings etc. However, when my 1 year old needed lifting i was fine doing this from two weeks.

Good luck with everything xxx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 9:14 am

also make loads of food that will last the first week so that its all done and you dont need to worry about eating

I was exhausted for the forst 4 dys both times and slept loads so if you can sleep then do it as it will aid your healing and recovery

but honest you will be fine xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 4th February 2014, 9:17 am

Yes good advice from Tink, make the most of that rest period as you will recover faster. I literally did nothing for 2 weeks...bliss! xx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 9:21 am

my husband left the house with the kids both times from dy to at 8.30m til 4.30pm and if i wasnt sleeping i was laying in bed watching tv lol complete bliss

but i did make sure I got up every so often and straighten the back up xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 4th February 2014, 9:44 am

No make up, no jewellery (bar wedding ring), no falsies (nails or lashes), no strong smells (deodorant, perfumes etc). Its really not worth it for a day! And if you're that desperate you can put a face on after your op. But anything that might compromise the surgery is just not worth the risk. Besides, you're going to be naked under a hospital gown with a hairnet & paper pants on, passed out with your baps out and possibly your eyelids taped down...Theres no way to look good like that!!

As for the littluns, I guess it would be a standard 6wk plus listen to your body. I still get hubby to carry everything!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sammi* 4th February 2014, 10:02 am

I wouldn't wear makeup on the day. I was asked if I had any on, and she said I would have had to remove it anyway within a few minutes of stepping into the clinic haha. xx Not worth the effort babe!

and lifting babies... It would be very difficult to lift anything heavy (scared stitches maybe bursting!? ) and I would avoid it for 6 weeks.

I have a friend who picked her baby up after 2 weeks.. and she burst her stitches. Scary stuff.
*Sammi*
*Sammi*
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by maddimoo 4th February 2014, 11:03 am

Haha Charlii, that description made me laugh so much, very glamorous.
I was told about make-up/nail polish at consultation, prob as I was wearing both, but has anyone been told about tattoos and if it makes a difference to op if you've recently had one??? xx
maddimoo
maddimoo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 11:06 am

some dont like you to have a tattoo done 6 weeks before the surgery

I read somewhere something to do with infections x
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sammi* 4th February 2014, 11:08 am

tinkerbell24 wrote:some dont like you to have a tattoo done 6 weeks before the surgery

I read somewhere something to do with infections x
I had a tattoo done the day before and the day after!!

Hahaha.  Hysterical  OOPS!!! Shocked
*Sammi*
*Sammi*
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th February 2014, 11:10 am

im shocked that the person doing the tattoo the day after having surgery wow, did they know that you had just had surgery

thankfully you never got infection or the implants might have needed to come out

what tattoo do oyu have

Id love some but im so scared looool xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next