Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local and sedation

+7
Soosie73
Wonderwoman1
mrsball
Victoria2345
Doughty
Charlii
kathryn76
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Local and sedation Empty Local and sedation

Post by kathryn76 10th January 2014, 10:41 am

I'm booked in for my revision on 16th April and my surgeon only does locals with sedation. I had a general last time which I'm happy to avoid to be honest as I felt like crap after. However, got to admit I'm feeling abit scared about being awake!! Do they put a screen up so you can't see anything like when you have a section? Haven't got another consultation for another four weeks so thought I'd see if any of you have any experience of it first x
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Local and sedation Empty Re: Local and sedation

Post by Charlii 10th January 2014, 11:04 am

We've had a couple girls come through here recently who've had sedations. Try searching for twilight sedation in the search bar and it should bring up a few threads or stories for you.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 10th January 2014, 11:25 am

Is that mrs kat that only does locals? Just curious as never heard that before about her. X
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 10th January 2014, 12:14 pm

No it's with Mr Fatah at the Westbourne Centre in Birmingham. X
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 10th January 2014, 12:15 pm

Thanks Charlie I'll do that now! X
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 10th January 2014, 1:08 pm

U'll be pretty out of it although aware of your surroundings. Im pretty sure they'll put a screen up because its not something u'll wanna watch. Just ask your surgeon x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 10th January 2014, 5:28 pm

weve had quite a few ladies that have had twilight sedation for their bas.
yes use the search bar and a few threads come up.

many women have enjoyed the experience over a GA.

if it wasn't safe it wouldn't be offered so rest assured its just as safe as a ga. x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 10th January 2014, 7:19 pm

Did a search and had a mooch. Feeling slightly less nervous about it now I think thanks ladies :-)))
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 10th January 2014, 10:54 pm

Hi Kathryn.. I had local with sedation 3 weeks ago.. First op.. I was very nervous before to the point I didn't want to go through with it. Anyway went in got drip put in my hand and within a couple of minutes I was drowsy and sound asleep.. It was all over in 45 minutes and I did not have a clue what was happening.. I would go through with it again tomorrow if I had to and would recommend this type of anaesthetic to anyone.. After op. I was put into recovery for 3 hours which I felt absolutely fine. I went home,and did everything as normal. Next day I was a little sore however i was back to driving within 2 days.. 3 weeks post op, had a problem with left breast but I would highly recommend local with sedation. I didn't know what was happening, was asleep whole time, had hardly any pain afterwards and had the added bonus of not having the general to recover from.. Hope this help.. If you need any more info, lease just ask xxx
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 382

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 11th January 2014, 9:53 am

Thanks for that WonderWoman!! Sounds fab!! I didn't realise you actually went into a deep sleep, sounds good to me. Def feel more at ease now. I've got another consultation in 5 weeks so ill obviously ask my surgeon more about it then but just wanted some first hand stories before hand. On the countdown now to April! X
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 11th January 2014, 5:48 pm

Hey Kathryn.. Yeah I had no idea.. One minute I was speaking to anaesthetist when he put drip in my hand, the next I was awake and and going to recovery. I wasn't "drowsy awake" it was just as if I had went for a deep sleep with no feeling.. I will possibly need revision and would have no question about doing it this way again.. Definitely no GA for me.. I couldn't believe how good it was, especially since I did not have a clue what I was going into. Would highly recommend xx
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 11th January 2014, 5:49 pm

I don't even know if I had a screen in front of me, that's how out of it I was x
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 12th January 2014, 9:29 pm

I had local and sedation 2 weeks ago and I can safely say I slept through most of it . Vaguely aware of a motion which I'll assume was them creating the pocket but that apart I was on a totally different planet xx
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 12th January 2014, 9:31 pm

Phew, you've certainly put my mind at ease ladies! Thanks :-)
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 12th January 2014, 9:32 pm

Plus less risk against a GA , less chance of chipped teeth , blood clots , nausea , and headache . When I was in recovery , I felt quite coherent especially after a cup if tea and a jammy doughnut xx
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 13th January 2014, 11:47 am

I've had a quick look on YouTube and found some footage of my surgeon doing a ba under local which was broadcast on This Morning so feeling even more reassured now. It's great to hear that a few of you girls have also had it done this way too. Thanks so much for sharing with me. April seems so long away ... just want my new boobs now! Xxx
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th January 2014, 12:01 pm

ive been told to read up on twighlight sedation incase I need another reop end of year cause I did not do great under that last GA at all

I would rather have no other reop if needed than have the twighlight its just not happening lol

I used to be great in and around hospitals until I had my section 3 year ago with my youngest daughter and it all went wrong, then she was in NICU for months then home but then in and out of hospital weekly for a couple years so I just hav a huge fear of anything medical now

So yeah its just not for me

I think anyone who has it is VERY brave xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by kathryn76 13th January 2014, 12:07 pm

I know what you mean tinkerbell it's a pretty scary prospect! It's the rapid recovery with a local that appeals to me as obviously I could go with another surgeon and have a general if I was that terrified! Sounds like you've been through the mill lately tinkerbell, hope all things boob related improve for you very soon xxx
kathryn76
kathryn76
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 13th January 2014, 12:09 pm

I recovered so quick with the GA this time and I dont do well at al under it I cant get back out it easy

With my section I ended up needing a GA and was up doing school run and hospital run day 5, think we all take all things so diff dont we xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 13th January 2014, 9:03 pm

Hey girls.. I totally understand why the prospect of a LA is scary.. Scared you may see something or feel something but , and I can only speak from experience but I didn't know anything..the thought of it is a lot worse and in all honesty I was back to normal within a few days.  I know I'm going on about it, but I wish that I had spoken to someone about LA before having op as I wouldn't have been as hesitant.. I resultantly went through with it, only because I wanted to have nicer boobs.. If I had known how easy it was I would have done it a lot sooner.. I've had small issues since but I can honestly say if a re-op is needed I would not hesitate to do it again..xx
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 13th January 2014, 9:38 pm

Agree with Wonderwoman , it does sound scary but the recovery is quick , no ill effects at all . I was in the clinic at 8.30am and went home at 2.30pm and had a lovely shower in the morning . Its different to having an epidural for c sections and knee/hip replacements . Plus side too I had no bruising either . It helped the anaesthetist was pretty easy on the eye as I'm sure wonderwoman will agree :)
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 13th January 2014, 10:14 pm

Same here my op was at 11.30 and I was out by 2.30 showered next day felt good.. Soosie you're so right, he was gorgeous.. xx I don't know what drivel I must have been speaking to him. ;)
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 13th January 2014, 10:27 pm

hey wonderwoman,

viek said he would do mines under LA if i had under 400cc and his rule of thumb was over 400cc he does it with GA at hospital - think it was down to pain and recovery.

i was v nervous like tinkerbell as i would freak incase i woke up and for me personally i think iw ould always do GA route.

Maybe i am just being naive but i just though if you are in good health and fit and well you will recover ok from a GA - is this not the case?

i must say the only part i didnt like was the bloated feeling days after and i couldnt poop for 6 days!!!

xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 13th January 2014, 10:41 pm

Hey Karen you're right it is such a personal choice. And as long as we are happy with the outcome and ops have went well then it's all good..  Vivek did offer me bigger I think 380 or 400 but I said no  as I thought I would have been massive.. Wish if gone for the 400 now but there is still time and no doubt in a few years time I will be doing it all over again lol., Xx
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 13th January 2014, 10:43 pm

Sorry Karen I think you're right also if  you're fit and healthy recovery should be quicker.. It was money for me too as quite a bit extra to go under GA with Vivek.. I'm happy now I went the LA route though.. Xx
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next