Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IV Sedation

+3
misf1
carolyn77
Cas*28
7 posters

Go down

IV Sedation Empty IV Sedation

Post by Cas*28 17th February 2011, 8:33 pm

Hello Ladies,
I am having my breast augmentation done next Wed. I am a bit nervous about the IV sedation...any words of wisdom to easr my fears?
Cas*28
Cas*28
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

IV Sedation Empty Re: IV Sedation

Post by carolyn77 17th February 2011, 8:54 pm

hiya,do you mean the pre-med they give you to relax you before the GA?what makes you nervous about it?

not sure i would want this as i like to be in control as much as i can and would be worried about saying or doing silly things!on the other hand i get very nervous of hospitals so perhaps it would be a good thing to have it.

If you mean the actual GA there are lots of stories of girls on here that have been really scared about the GA but after have said it's quite nice just drifting off.

I'm nervous about the whole BA thing, GA, waking up the lot but I suppose it's only natural to be worried. Can you talk to your surgeon about it?xx
carolyn77
carolyn77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 17th February 2011, 9:03 pm

No it's a conscious sedation where you are able to breath by yourself and you are able to move like when you are asleep naturally. Most people sleep right through it. A GA will knock you out so you can't move and can't breathe on your own. Both are completely safe. the IV sedation is easier to come around from.
You will be fine hun, we all have nerves for any operation, just try not to worry too much and enjoy the excitment.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi35 17th February 2011, 9:18 pm

i think its called twilight sedation , ive come across it a few times over the internet , Cas did your ps recommend this as im interested myself of other ways of having it done . xx
sammi35
sammi35
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 17th February 2011, 10:33 pm

It's normal to nervous hunnie, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, the bonus is you shouldn't have any of the after effects of a GA..

We'll be thinking of you on Wednesday babes..... Hug
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by Cas*28 18th February 2011, 1:27 am

You girls are so wonderful to have as support! To answer the first post IV sedation is different than GA. I have heard its safer but dont get me wrong I have been told both are safe. I have had it before but it was so long ago and I am a wreck with worry. They said they would give me a cocktail to relax me before I go into surgery. I have called around to numerous PS's and my doctor was the only one I could find that will do IV sedation and not GA. I was so scared I almost cancelled my appointment!

By the way, how do I get the ticker at the bottom of my posts?
Cas*28
Cas*28
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 18th February 2011, 1:04 pm

IV sedation is fine, I had a very light version when I had a small surgical procedure and it just makes you feel extremely sleepy, whereas a GA literally paralyses your muscles (hence the bowel problems we tend to have after surgery!)

Don't forget you're monitored by someone whose job it is to keep you comfortable and safe during the op. All will be fine!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach26 18th February 2011, 8:52 pm

The main reason I prefer GA is something that is personal to me. I have a very high tolerance to most drugs. Last time I had sedation was for a colonoscopy in Dec 2009, and it didnt touch me at all!!! He said he gave me the maximum sedative and maximum painkillers he could give me for my weight, but I was wide awake and was screaming in pain through the entire thing. In fact cos I was in such a state and just wanted my husband I was out of bed and telling them I was going to go out to the waiting room to sit with my hubby unless they let him in to sit by my bed 2 minutes after I got back to the ward from the procedure room which kind of proves that the drugs didnt touch me at all!!!!
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down