Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight sedation

+7
Devagirl
katita
*Sally*
jet350
fawn
kld247
Emmyloo87
11 posters

Go down

Twilight sedation Empty Twilight sedation

Post by Emmyloo87 15th September 2010, 11:06 am

Hi girls! So.. I'm having my breast augmentation under twilight sedation and I just wanted to know if anyone else has done it this way. I'm not scared I'm just curious. My ps has made me feel very comfortable and safe about it and I trust him.. Obviously or I wouldn't have booked with him haha.
Emmyloo87
Emmyloo87
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Twilight sedation Empty Re: Twilight sedation

Post by kld247 15th September 2010, 12:23 pm

I read about this in the paper at the weekend, a women had implants done practically in her dinner hour!
I don't know if I would be that keen myself, but then again I suppose you won't have any side effects from the GA.
Which company/surgeon are you going with?
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmyloo87 15th September 2010, 12:32 pm

I'm going with a surgeon in Brisbane, Australia. He does all his surgries with twilight sedation. I have had surgeries with GA and it made me sick for days. I'm looking forward to leaving 2 hrs after my surgery :).
Emmyloo87
Emmyloo87
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by fawn 15th September 2010, 1:15 pm

Mine will be done under general anesthesia, so I can't offer much advice, but wanted to let you know that BA under twilight is pretty common here in the U.S.. So long as you have a great anesthesiologist you should be perfectly fine :)
fawn
fawn
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by jet350 15th September 2010, 1:32 pm

I had mine done under Twilight and I have to say there's no way I could have left after 2hrs I was dead to the world had the best sleep ever lol I can't remember a thing about my op not even when they washed me down but my bra on or even walking backto my room. i would def have it again.

Jx
jet350
jet350
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 15th September 2010, 10:00 pm

I read about this at the weekend too funnily enough. I've had loads of dental work done under sedation and even tho the anaesthetist is always amazed at how much diazapam he has to give me to knock me out I've never remembered a thing about it! I assume you'll be given a local anaesthetic as well?
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by katita 16th September 2010, 2:54 am

Emmyloo87 wrote:I'm going with a surgeon in Brisbane, Australia. He does all his surgries with twilight sedation. I have had surgeries with GA and it made me sick for days. I'm looking forward to leaving 2 hrs after my surgery :).

Is that Dr Richardson? I heard it's a lot cheaper that way too. I found some yahoo forum about people who had gone under twilight and most said it was fine. Good luck. I had mine on the Gold Coast but GA.
katita
katita
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Devagirl 27th October 2011, 10:47 am

I'm just "bumping up" this thread!

The surgeon I have consulted in Manchester (and will go with) will use twilight sedation. I've had it before when I had my nose job, and pretty confident with it. However, chatting to a friend of mine who is having her BA op done in Brighton (next week!), her surgeon is using a general anaesthetic.

It would interesting to know and hear of others experiences and any informed input into Twilight vs General.
Devagirl
Devagirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 27th October 2011, 10:58 am

Hey, is it dr szalay or something? I was seriously considering him... read a few reviews though...now not sure shrug ...but I am in melbs and not ever met him...will be VERY keen to hear your comments and stuff about him (if it is him) before and post op, as I may just make my decision based on your knowledge :thumbs: ..some reviewers on the net you just don't know if they have an agenda you know?! growl but joy!!! so happy for you!! and regarding twilight, I hear it's awesome.. you remember nothing of the op and have no nausiating side effects and recover quicker. Win Win! boobsign
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by hez1984 27th October 2011, 3:27 pm

I had my BA on the 17th October under local anaesthetic and it was fine! My ps was great and if i felt a twinge i just told him and he put some more local in the area. I was able to leave an hour after surgery and would reccomend it definately :-)
hez1984
hez1984
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by lit19lulu 28th October 2011, 1:22 am

I had twilight sedation for my BA in the US. I was under by 7:45 and was in my car going home by 9:45. I don't remember my surgery at all. I was really thirsty when I woke up but no other side effects.
lit19lulu
lit19lulu
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Devagirl 30th October 2011, 3:50 pm

@katyp - The surgeon I've seen in Manchester is Dr Ravi Agarwal at Castlefield Clinic. I'll be seeing him again on 6th December to talk over some final questions (and check what size I'll go for. Now thinking that 300cc could be tweeked a bit bigger LOL)

I now feel better about having twilight for BA. Thanks!
Devagirl
Devagirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 30th October 2011, 3:57 pm

Emmyloo87, i LOVE ur avatar!!!!!!! Hysterical xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp 31st October 2011, 10:49 am

Sorry...was actually referring to the OP emmylou87...

katyp wrote:Hey, is it dr szalay or something? I was seriously considering him... read a few reviews though...now not sure shrug ...but I am in melbs and not ever met him...will be VERY keen to hear your comments and stuff about him (if it is him) before and post op, as I may just make my decision based on your knowledge :thumbs: ..some reviewers on the net you just don't know if they have an agenda you know?! growl but joy!!! so happy for you!! and regarding twilight, I hear it's awesome.. you remember nothing of the op and have no nausiating side effects and recover quicker. Win Win! boobsign
katyp
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down