Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does any one know about sedation instead of GA?

+3
BkozK
Twinky
MrsF
7 posters

Go down

Does any one know about sedation instead of GA? Empty Does any one know about sedation instead of GA?

Post by MrsF 8th September 2015, 1:34 pm

Hello !

I have read a few surgery stories (I think they were in the states) Where the girls were under sedation not GA. Does anyone know about that?
is it something that is done in the UK? I would so much rather be sedated than have the whole GA....

Thanks a lot !X
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Does any one know about sedation instead of GA? Empty Re: Does any one know about sedation instead of GA?

Post by Twinky 8th September 2015, 1:47 pm

Hi,
I have read about this too, think they call it 'Twilight sedation'.
Don't really know much about it tbh, but there is a clininc nr me that does this as they don't have the facilities to stay over, its more of a clinic.

My mum had a hysterectomy in this way though so think its fairly safe. Just not as popular as a GA I guess...
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Does any one know about sedation instead of GA? Empty Re: Does any one know about sedation instead of GA?

Post by MrsF 8th September 2015, 2:35 pm

Ah yes twilight sedation thats it !
From what I read people seem so much better after than GA straight after the surgery. Doesn't seem very popular...

thanks for answering Twinkly X
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 8th September 2015, 3:15 pm

I thought it was the same thing, lol. Maybe ask when you have your consultation if it's some thing they can do? X
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by mooomin 8th September 2015, 3:30 pm

I would have a ga every night to go to sleep if I could! I take any opportunity to go under. Never heard of a BA done under sedation though.
mooomin
mooomin
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 8th September 2015, 3:51 pm

I love a GA myself!  But funnily enough I'm sure it was on here I was looking through the archives and someone mentioned they'd had it under local.  I think they were British.  I can't remember where I saw it though - she'd mentioned it in a post but the subject of the topic wasn't to do with it so I think you'd struggle to find out who it was! If I see it again I'll let you know. x
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsF 8th September 2015, 4:25 pm

Ive had a few GA and I know Im so sick after I wake up. I throw up, have the shakes, etc.. I would rather avoid that if I had the option..

I will ask the surgeon next Thursday !
Thanks for answering !X
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th September 2015, 5:39 pm

There's a couple of girls who have had that on here, try searching for 'twighlight'. The perks include it's usually a day case, you can drive and get back to 'normal' quicker, less of the nausea that it can cause. It's becoming more popular over here. But if it's not you're thing, you can mention it makes you sicky and they can put anti nausea in with the GA
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 11th September 2015, 6:37 pm

I've not had my ba yet. But I had lipo done with local anaesthetic and sedation. Don't remember a thing about it. Woke up quicker and up on my feet quicker too. Defo recommend having it.
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down