Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Unexplained allergic reaction!

+4
tinkerbell24
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
RexieP
8 posters

Go down

Help! Unexplained allergic reaction! Empty Help! Unexplained allergic reaction!

Post by RexieP 27th November 2013, 3:17 pm

Hi ladies!  So Sunday night I started having an unexplained allergic reaction whilst at home causing mad crazy itching of my hands and feet and huge swelling of my lips! Have seen the Dr and am going back at 4pm as it keeps happening every night since (I look ridivulous with my huge swollen lips and rash) but today my left boob feels harder and more sore in the muscle. I have dual plane but the implant still feels softish for only 3 weeks post op but I'm worried whatever is wrong with me is going to have a bad effect on my new boobs, especially the left. Does anyone have any idea or has anyone experienced anything like yhis since having implants? I've never had an allergic reaction to anything ever before now so its all a bit new and scary especially so soon after my reop :( Spoke to my surgeon earlier and he said it would not be caused by the op or the implants but I didn't think to ask if it would effect them. I assume he would have said if it was a risk but now I'm worried anyway! Need reassurance!
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Help! Unexplained allergic reaction! Empty Re: Help! Unexplained allergic reaction!

Post by COOKIE 27th November 2013, 3:25 pm

I wouldn't have thought it would affect your implants babe, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Its likely to be something you've used or eaten. Have you changed your washing powder or fabric softener lately? Have you taken any medication recently? Have you eaten anything you wouldn't eat normally?

There must be an explanation for the reaction hun. Hopefully your GP will get to the bottom of this. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Help! Unexplained allergic reaction! Empty Re: Help! Unexplained allergic reaction!

Post by RexieP 27th November 2013, 3:31 pm

Thanks Cookie. I'm a walking disaster haha! Just made me worry as I really don't want anything to go wrong this time!! I've checked everything and can't pinpoint anything new. Dr said it may have been a random reaction but as it has persisted and rereacted the last two days and nights they want to see me again. Must be something in the house as I'm not as bad at work! Nightmare! Sorry my post wasn't completely boob job related was just worried about my healing! Thank you hun xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th November 2013, 3:35 pm

Awwww don't be sorry Rexie. You're worried and hopefully we and your GP can put your mind at ease Hug 

Let us know how it goes won't you hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 27th November 2013, 3:39 pm

Will do hun :) Thank you. I love this forum! X
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th November 2013, 3:40 pm

group hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 27th November 2013, 3:44 pm

I agree with cookie that I don't think it would affect your implants but yes update us ASAP with what it is!! Xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 27th November 2013, 3:49 pm

Thanks Jenniferr1 I will! Hopefully they can figure it out cos I really look stupid - think Leslie Ash after her lip fillers!!!! X
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 27th November 2013, 4:31 pm

Haha oh dear! I had a reaction to a cream before and I looked like I had been storing food in my cheeks like a hamster so I feel your pain lol XX
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 27th November 2013, 4:39 pm

Dr says its quite a severe reaction, no idea what to. Have now got two sets of antihistamines to take morning and night and have to wsit for urgent referral to allergy clinic! Says to watch out for wheezing, shortness of breath and feeling faint as this could mean I am going into anaphylactic shock! He says if this happens call 999 don't wait! Wow haha. Nightmare! Good news is Dr thinks the girls will be fine and it shouldn't affect them xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th November 2013, 4:41 pm

This happened to.me yeeeeeaaaarrrs ago after a GA when it completely left my body i.started getting rashes etc i was only about 10 so not really sure the reason sorry

Hope ur ok xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 27th November 2013, 4:45 pm

Hope it clears soon, try not to panic...hopefully the antihistamines will do their magic v soon x
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 27th November 2013, 5:03 pm

Tink oh my gosh! Maybe that's what it is then! The Dr seems to think it is something in my environment that I've probably been around for ages but suddenly developed an allergy to due to a change in my body so perhaps the GA has altered something or made me susceptible to something! Hope you aren't suffering too much after your reop x Thanks Doughty x
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 27th November 2013, 5:51 pm

Oh, I'm having itching and rash ever since my op 14 days ago. I'm also taking strong antihistamines and hope it goes at last xx
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 883

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 27th November 2013, 6:03 pm

Are you? Its horrible isn't it! Mine didn't start till sunday night which was 2 weeks and 4 days post op. Hope you feel better soon xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 27th November 2013, 6:04 pm

Thanks hun xx I hate the itching feeling.. Hope you'll feel better soon as well xx
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 27th November 2013, 7:01 pm

Oh no honey sounds horrible hope you feel better soon xxx
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1513

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDeeStafford 27th November 2013, 8:24 pm

My friend is having this same problem, she thinks shes allergic to the glue they use to hold the stitches in place, nightmare! Hope you feel better soon x
KayDeeStafford
KayDeeStafford
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 296

http://www.noobiestoboobies.blogspot.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 27th November 2013, 8:31 pm

Well, it's my bum, back and upper arms that itch me but when I've asked my hubby to have a look, he said that there's nothing.. Just a little scar after allergic reaction I had to antibiotics that are fading??

So why do I feel like I'm constantly need to scratch myself??

Maybe I'm going crazy?

I think it will do me good when I go back to work and concentrate on something else thn my new boobies ;)
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 29th November 2013, 10:07 pm

So ladies after three GP visits this week and an evening in A&E tonight they think I have Idiomatic Urticaria Angioedema.  Basically an extreme unexplained allergic reaction. Have to take three strong antihistamines a day that may cause palpitations eek, two different creams and in two weeks I begin Photo Therapy which is basically going in a sunbed at the hospital!! Also have to go to the allergy clinic for ***naughty word*** tests to see if they can find a trigger for my reaction. Pleased to have a diagnosis and something to help the itching as2 hours sleep a night for a week along with being three weeks post op is a little more than I can take. Fingers crossed I get some sleep tonight!
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th November 2013, 10:27 pm

Oh you poor thing that sounds awful Hug 

The sunbed therapy? Did they say whether or not this would affect your scars babe? Health ALWAYS comes first, but if its the same as a sunbed it may cause pigmentation. Something you should be aware of IF it is the same, so do ask about that sweetie. Its ALWAYS best to know of any possibilities.

Really hoping you feel better soon Hug  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 29th November 2013, 10:44 pm

Oh no.poor u. The alternative to photo therapy is the clay mummy wrap mia had it forallergies but it does depend on the allergy xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 30th November 2013, 5:53 am

Thanks girls. Cookie I hadn't thought to ask that so thank you, I will make sure I ask. Oddly, the area covered by my sports bra is one of the few areas unaffected by the rash so perhaps I will only need the photo therapy on affected areas? Might be able to keep a sports bra on or keep the twins covered perhaps. Tinkerbell ooh hadn't heard of that one yet, sounds quite nice actually! Thinking some of these allergy treatments actually sound quite pampering! Every cloud hey!
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th November 2013, 8:45 am

Lol yeah.i.loved the thought of it.mia aged 3 when.she had her first lot had to be slightly sedated its on for 24 hours xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down