Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

allergic reaction..

3 posters

Go down

allergic reaction.. Empty allergic reaction..

Post by smalls 21st February 2011, 6:29 am

Hi ladies. I have got an allergic reaction to the tape. I got rashes all around my incisions. I called my ps office and they told me to take off the tape already and put some hydrocortisone for the itching and take benadryl for the allergy. They were itching really bad at first but now its not as bad. The rashes seem to look the same and have little white bumps on them now. Have any of you got this before? If you have how long did it take to clear up? Its just weird that I didnt get that reaction until 3 wks.. They said usually you see it sooner. shrug
smalls
smalls
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

allergic reaction.. Empty Re: allergic reaction..

Post by Rach26 21st February 2011, 10:00 am

I've no advice hun, still being pre-op. But I can say that plasters of all kinds including micropore (which is supposed to be better) always gives me a red rash while it's on and for a few days after I take it off!!! There is no itching for me, but the rash is a bit annoying.

In relation to the white bumps, it could be a bodily defense mechanism against the allergy. Just leave it alone and I'm sure it will settle soon.

As to why it took 3 weeks to show up - could be like other allergies. For example peanuts. If you are going to be allergic to them the allergy doesnt show up the first time you have peanuts, and sometimes not even the second time. But after that, after the initial exposures, your body develops the allergy which appears the following time you have them. It could also be that such a prolonged exposure to the tape (ie 3 whole weeks of it) irritated the skin so much it got tired of it and developed an allergy.

I think there are lots of possible explanations hun. But the best thing for now is to leave it and it should go xxxxx
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 21st February 2011, 11:42 am

Please don't pick at the bumps, it's more than likely just your skin's reaction to the tape.

If it doesn't clear in about 5 days then call your nurse and ask for further advice
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down