Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allergic to micropore tape ! Help !

3 posters

Go down

Allergic to micropore tape ! Help ! Empty Allergic to micropore tape ! Help !

Post by Lozzykins 21st September 2013, 10:46 pm

Hi girls I'm 25 days PO and I've been instructed to wear micropore tape over my incisions for 3 months but I have terrible red rashes all around my boobs from the tape and my boobs itch like hell I'm scratching them red raw !

I don't know what to do? Is there an alternative to micropore tape ? Should I remove it and leave incisions bare ? I will phone PS tomorrow. 

Please help xxxx
Lozzykins
Lozzykins
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Allergic to micropore tape ! Help ! Empty Re: Allergic to micropore tape ! Help !

Post by COOKIE 22nd September 2013, 1:27 am

Have you just started using the micropore Lozzy?

Micropore is hypoallergenic and latex free so its strange to have a reaction to it, but we're all different and its not unheard of hun, I looked online and there is are alternatives out there, but unfortunately... Not in the shops! Seems like you can only buy them online.

From what I found there are two alternatives - mefix and hypafix.

At almost 4 weeks pos-op though your surgeon may say you're fine to remove the tape now though if you're in so much discomfort, but do call and check that's OK first babe.

Hugs for you Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Allergic to micropore tape ! Help ! Empty Re: Allergic to micropore tape ! Help !

Post by Lozzykins 22nd September 2013, 6:44 am

Hey Hun yea I've only been using it for the last 7 days as my original wound tape was different to micropore tape and I think it was normal plasters. It has only started since using the tape. 

Since using the micropore take the itching is unbearable, my surgeon said to leave it off so that's what I'm going to do and see if it clears up xxx
Lozzykins
Lozzykins
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd September 2013, 6:47 am

Good news Lozzy. Really hoping you feel a lot more comfortable soon hun Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 22nd September 2013, 6:25 pm

Hey hun,

We use micropore tape routinely at work after taking bloods and I have known a few women to be allergic to it. Maybe try some gauze with another type of tape and see how u get on with that? xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down